Sunday Champagne breakfast/ Caviar brunch

If it's the big Sunday Brunch (only on a Sunday at sea and generally only on Grandeur, Explorer, and Splendor) I believe it starts at 10 am.  If it's just the Champagne and Caviar" Sunday then I think it's 9 am. 

• Like 1

Teh ‘regular’ Champagne and Caviar Sunday on all ships starts when La Verandah opens for breakfast, so either 7:00 or 7:30 am.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, BBWC said:

Teh ‘regular’ Champagne and Caviar Sunday on all ships starts when La Verandah opens for breakfast, so either 7:00 or 7:30 am.

Champagne and Caviar Sunday is also offered in Compass Rose.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, papaflamingo said:

If it's the big Sunday Brunch (only on a Sunday at sea and generally only on Grandeur, Explorer, and Splendor) I believe it starts at 10 am.  If it's just the Champagne and Caviar" Sunday then I think it's 9 am. 

There was one on Mariner in the Spring this year...

12 hours ago, Hambagahle said:

There was one on Mariner in the Spring this year...

We have 2 Sundays at sea on our upcoming Mariner cruise. 😄

Can someone please explain more about the champagne caviar brunch for this Regent newbie.

(This cruise just keeps getting better and better!)

I think the only visible difference is that since the Explorer-class ships are much roomier, they can set up a spread in Compass Rose showing off the brunch whereas the older ships will offer you much the same brunch, just not as showy.

1 hour ago, Portolan said:

I think the only visible difference is that since the Explorer-class ships are much roomier, they can set up a spread in Compass Rose showing off the brunch whereas the older ships will offer you much the same brunch, just not as showy.

Years ago we were on an extended cruise on one of the small (700 passenger) Princess ships and one Sunday the crew impromptu set up a beautiful Sunday brunch in the dining room. I remember the pride that they each displayed their own particular contribution.

On 8/4/2024 at 12:31 PM, chamima said:

We have 2 Sundays at sea on our upcoming Mariner cruise. 😄

Can someone please explain more about the champagne caviar brunch for this Regent newbie.

(This cruise just keeps getting better and better!)

On Splendor now and will experience three Sundays but only one gala brunch.  The big gala brunch is only if the Sunday is a sea day and we had one of those.  At the gala brunch on the sea day Sunday, the caviar was only served in La Veranda and not the big brunch.  But there was plenty of other food choices at the brunch that I did not miss it. 

I really wish that Regent offered this on any cruise with a lot of sea days. I'm on the Grandeur for 16 days this December. We have seven sea days but both Sundays we are in port. I'm not expecting that we will get the gala brunch, but I wish we were.

• Like 1

The big brunch isn’t consistent.  We had multiple sea days on a Sunday on Explorer in Australia/New Zealand early 2022 - no big brunch.  To be honest,  we have done the big brunch, previously and we don’t find it all that great.  Looks great, taste ok.  

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I don't think Regent did those big brunches in 2022.   someone I know was on the WC on Mariner this year and took a video of the Brunch.  It looked fantastic.

The champagne and caviar on Sundays has long been offered on all Regent ships.  In la Veranda you ask for the champagne and serve yourself with the caviar etc.   it is great (as long as you don't have an early excursion perhaps!!)

Edited by Hambagahle

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, wineoclock said:

I’ve just checked my upcoming sailing and we have a sea day on a Sunday. Happy days. 

I shall live vicariously through you, @wineoclock! I'm a big champers fan and it's one of the few drinks I'll imbibe before noon.  Unfortunately we don't have any Sunday sea days on our first Regent cruise this December, more's the pity.

• Like 1

On 8/3/2024 at 8:20 AM, papaflamingo said:

Is the brunch announced in the daily newsletter or is it an "If you know, you know..." type of event?

1 hour ago, chamima said:

Is the brunch announced in the daily newsletter or is it an "If you know, you know..." type of event?

It’s announced in the daily Passages that is placed in your suite each evening. There is a section of Passages that I believe is called Culinary Corner and there should be a notice of the brunch there.

Dave

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

As mentioned above (Hambagahle's Post #14):

Mariner, early 2024 transit--L.A. via Hawaii to Polynesia--that Video "featured" my spouse in a cameo appearance.  Totally unscripted.  Perusing the Compass Rose Brunch before too much damage done.

Brunch on Sunday is no State Secret.  Should itinerary include a Sunday sea day--this will be a topic of general conversation once you board.  Just ask. Like, the Cruise Director.  Then, "Passages" will provide specifics.  

Plan to practice what I preach on upcoming January '25 Grandeur L.A-Panama Canal-Miami segment. One Sunday sea day while cruising the Pacific Ocean. No "breakfast" that morning. 

Well, maybe a little something at Coffee Connection. 

Then, hopefully, off to Brunch.    

GOARMY!

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Whinenowine said:

I shall live vicariously through you, @wineoclock! I'm a big champers fan and it's one of the few drinks I'll imbibe before noon.  Unfortunately we don't have any Sunday sea days on our first Regent cruise this December, more's the pity.

As my mother says - it’s never too early for champagne! 

• Like 2

There are really two topics here.  One - The Sunday Brunch which is only offered on the Explorer class ships under limited conditions, Sunday sea days and then not always.  I find them to be impressive, but I am not thrilled by them.  The other topic is the Champagne and Caviar presentation every Sunday in, at least La Veranda, the restaurant at breakfast time.   Again for me it is nice, but I am not thrilled by either the fish eggs or bubbly wine, I tend to stick with my normal breakfast.  I do believe that if you ask that you can get various breakfast drinks any day of the week.  I shutter at the healthy smoothies, but I believe I have seen Bloody Marys at breakfast.   

• Like 3