What casual meals are included with a reserve mini suite

Artmann

Looking at a reserve mini suite.  I don't drink, thinking of not getting the Princess Perks.  That includes 2 casual dining.  For the reserve it advertises the specialty dining.  Without the perks is there a charge for that dining.  Thanks. 

Just now, Artmann said:

Looking at a reserve mini suite.  I don't drink, thinking of not getting the Princess Perks.  That includes 2 casual dining.  For the reserve it advertises the specialty dining.  Without the perks is there a charge for that dining.  Thanks. 

Reserve mini-suites can eat in the Reserve Dining Room for breakfast and dinner every day and lunch on sea days.  The Reserve Dining Room is part of a regular dining room.  Casual ($14.99) and Specialty dining are NOT perks of a Reserve Class mini-suite.

3 minutes ago, Artmann said:

Reserve Minis do not include any specialty or casual dining.

Reserve Minis have dining in the Reserve dining section of the dining room. That's the "special" dining perk for Reserve.

Without a Plus or Premier Cruise Package, casual and specialty dining is at cost, should you choose to dine at any...

Ok, so no additional charge for eating in that dining area, with that access.  If I was to eat in the other areas it would be a 14.99.  Or the fee for specialty dining. 

13 minutes ago, Artmann said:

Ok, so no additional charge for eating in that dining area, with that access.  If I was to eat in the other areas it would be a 14.99.  Or the fee for specialty dining. 

The reserved dining area is for those in full suites or a reserved mini suite. It offers a few additional menu items and expedited seating and usually more attentive service, so little or no waiting and no reservations.

You can choose to eat with others in the regular MDR’s at no additional charges like other non suite passengers. Passengers not in a suite or reserve mini’s are not allowed to join you in the reserve dining area. Casual dining you can also order ala carte, instead of the $14.99 set menu.

35 minutes ago, Artmann said:

Pretty correct. 

For casual dining - you can oot for the Prix Fixe meal, ie 3 course meal at fixed $14.99 price, or pay a la carte for different items (pricing and options vary by venue).

Specialty Dining is at cost, $35-45usd, depending on venue and ship.

Posted (edited)

@Artmann  The plus & premier cruise packages are independent of the amenities in the reserve collection mini suites. The specialty dining ( i.e. The Catch, Sabatini’s, Crown Grill) or Casual meals ( Alfredo’s, Vines,O’ Malley’s) doesn’t matter what cabin category you have- all are welcome to enjoy. You can pay for them once onboard or have them included in a package.

So no casual pay meals are included in reserve mini. With that being said .. breakfast in the dining room, dinner in the dining room and lunch port days are included.( special section for reserve collection)

Look at Princess.com for “ free” included meals,there’s quite a few depending on your particular ship.

Here are the amenities:

IMG_1093.thumb.jpeg.25e166f213d778d901da490ca4e651fc.jpeg

IMG_1094.thumb.jpeg.70c630da01f123f8e48c4de48a3e4d45.jpeg

Edited by arizonaperson

Princess is confusing people again.  They don't do a very good job of explaining what a Reserve mini suite is and they don't make it clear that the Reserved program is a completely separate thing from the Plus/Premier program.  Par for the course. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Kay S said:

Princess is confusing people again.  They don't do a very good job of explaining what a Reserve mini suite is and they don't make it clear that the Reserved program is a completely separate thing from the Plus/Premier program.  Par for the course. 

I am not sure what is confusing. If you look at the perks for a reserve mini suite you will find absolutely no mention of casual meals, specialty meals, drinks, wifi or grats. Simply reserve dining restaurant 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, memoak said:

I am not sure what is confusing. If you look at the perks for a reserve mini suite you will find absolutely no mention of casual meals, specialty meals, drinks, wifi or grats. Simply reserve dining restaurant 

“It also includes additional menu options.”

On a recent Caribbean Princess cruise. Reserved Collection had an additional main course every night and sometimes an extra pasta or dessert.

BTW….Podium has a printed sign for Reserve Collection, but of course, stand up sign says “Reserve” only.  

2 hours ago, memoak said:

The OP here was confused. 

18 hours ago, memoak said:

Honestly the name "Reserve Class" can be confusing. This is anecdotal from my last two cruises but we saw several people approach the desk for Reserve class saying "I have a reservation" thinking this was the place to go if you reserved a time (we were in a full suite and saw this nearly every day). I believe Princess made a mistake rebranding from "Club Class" to "Reserve Class".

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, J13C85 said:

Honestly the name "Reserve Class" can be confusing. This is anecdotal from my last two cruises but we saw several people approach the desk for Reserve class saying "I have a reservation" thinking this was the place to go if you reserved a time (we were in a full suite and saw this nearly every day). I believe Princess made a mistake rebranding from "Club Class" to "Reserve Class".

On the Crown they had a big sign with an arrow pointed to the MDR