Charge to Sit at Captains Table

4 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

How many invites have you had?  I’ve been cruising since 1992 and the only invite I’ve ever received was to the helipad for a sail away. 

Two, both on either Constellation or Infinity, can't remember which.   They must have been scraping the barrel for us to be invited!  Haha.  

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, TeeRick said:

They should hold a charity auction for a noble cause on board for dinner with Captain Kate.  It would raise a lot of money me thinks!

That's a good Idea. It would be a bigger turn out than the art auction.

• Thanks 1

NCL had a dinner with an officer no fee first come first serve type thing but it was a 12 top in one of the MDRs and if you weren't near the officer you couldn't hear them or ask a question. We had the chief security officer and his wife who was traveling with him that cruise.

Very interesting to hear what he did and his life aboard as well as his wife and how she can join him in his cabin. I would do it again but wouldn't pay for it.

I agree that this is one of those phantom social media posts that isn't correct and gets people talking.

There was another thread about the Captain's Table last week. Many of us looking back longingly at the days when we would be invited and enjoyed the free champagne toast, cocktails, and wine at the table - without being asked for our Seapass Card 🤣

Posted (edited)
On 8/4/2024 at 10:23 PM, DaKahuna said:

I am beginning to think someone may have confused Captain's Table with Chef's Table with the talk about a charge. 

The one time we dined at the Captain's Table was one of our first cruises and I have no idea how we were picked.   

Oops. That would have been me, lol. We've done a number of those tasting dinners--called different things on different ships! Privee, etc. And eaten a number of times back in the day with officers--the captain only once--on HAL ships. We didn't stay in suites back then, nor were we Mariners with the line yet. We decided it had something to do with our careers, given what we had in common with the others with whom we shared tables. I don't guess they even use those algorithms for shared tables any more (kind of like dorm assignments in college, lol).

Edited by sofietucker