Taking food to your cabin

Dondada007

Just now, Dondada007 said:

Hello all, I'm going on my first cruise with MSC Seashore and I was wondering if you can take food from the buffet back to your cabin. Such as pizza

I don't think you're supposed to, but I've never been stopped.

I brought plenty of food back to my cabin last year on the Seascape. We enjoy late night desserts when we come back at night.  Never had an issue so unless something changed, I don't think it's a problem.

• Like 2

Yes you can take food and drinks back to your cabin on the Seashore. I have sailed 3 times on the Seashore and it has never been a problem. Don't leave the dirty plates in the hall though, leave them in your cabin and he/she will get them. Makes it hard for people on scooters to get down the hall when people leave their dirty dishes there.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dondada007 said:

Hello all, I'm going on my first cruise with MSC Seashore and I was wondering if you can take food from the buffet back to your cabin. Such as pizza

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

There is no restriction on brining food back to your stateroom. We pick up our late night pizza every night and enjoy it in our stateroom. 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

What makes you think that? I have done so LOTS of times!

I'm not sure. We do it ALL the time...it's one of our favorite parts of the cruise - the 11 year old and I go on a sojourn for snacks at ungodly hours to bring back to our family...then DW and I sit and eat potstickers and sip wine on the balcony, while he and youngest turdlette watch Food Network from the bed, snacking on late night cookies and french fries and such.

I very vividly recall reading something - maybe in a daily planner where they ask you not to - I remember because it vexed me and caused me some alarm when we were doing it....but no bother. because, again - nobody has ever stopped us.

Edited by MonsterJoe

15 hours ago, Dondada007 said:

On the magnifica, I ate most of my meals in my room. I was really close to the buffet, and it was a good way of avoiding the buffet crowd.

• Like 1