NCL Online Check in - 21 days out - What time can you do it?

Howdy,

Was just curious at what time can you do your online check in at 21 days out?  Is it like specialty dining where you can log in at midnight eastern time from whatever time zone? 

As an example, lets say our 21 days out is Wed August 7th, could I log on Tuesday August 6th at 901pm Pacific Time since it would be 1201am Wed August 7th in Miami?

2 minutes ago, Anoynmous Phoenix said:

@sbnuggie

We live in New Zealand and always work out when it is our equivalent of midnight Eastern time and do our online check in then.

Thanks

1 hour ago, sbnuggie said:

Howdy,

Was just curious at what time can you do your online check in at 21 days out?  Is it like specialty dining where you can log in at midnight eastern time from whatever time zone? 

As an example, lets say our 21 days out is Wed August 7th, could I log on Tuesday August 6th at 901pm Pacific Time since it would be 1201am Wed August 7th in Miami?

12 midnight U.S. Eastern Time (Miami). 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sbnuggie said:

That’s what I do. 😉 

2 minutes ago, roddy good boy said:

Is there a reason you need to check in ASAP? In the past, I didn’t know that, and just checked in prior to boarding. 

When you check in online, it allows you to select what time to check in at the port. In the past they haven't been strict about people showing up early. For example, if when you do your check in, and the only time left available is 1200, then you shouldn't (according to NCL) show up before that time. The sooner you check in online, the earlier of a port arrival time you can get. They have been sending out emails saying that they won't allow you into the terminal if you arrive earlier than your selected time, but I don't know if they are enforcing it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, quillwercruisers said:

When you check in online, it allows you to select what time to check in at the port. In the past they haven't been strict about people showing up early. For example, if when you do your check in, and the only time left available is 1200, then you shouldn't (according to NCL) show up before that time. The sooner you check in online, the earlier of a port arrival time you can get. They have been sending out emails saying that they won't allow you into the terminal if you arrive earlier than your selected time, but I don't know if they are enforcing it.

Is it always 21 days out for all NCL cruises.Doing my first NCL in December.

2 hours ago, erisajd said:

prob closer to 0005 - takes a few min for the system to update and authorize the check ins for cruises 21 days out - 

No it doesn’t as soon as the clock in the server reaches midnight (Miami time) it’s open and ready to go. 

Posted (edited)

I was able to actually check in before midnight at exactly 21 days.. On the app.. on PC it wouldnt let you until midnight.. Think I checked in around11:30 pm or so.. I'm east coast so really easy to keep track of the time :D.. I know others did also.. But unless you really want 1 of the earlier boarding times, I wouldnt sweat it. I'd focus on entertainment booking if there is a show you want to see though.. 

EDIT:  I lied.. it was closer to 9:30 - 10:00 pm that people were checking in.. 

Edited by D_And_K_gocruising

Why do we have to wait until 21 days before the cruise date to check-in? 

NCL requires final payment 90 days before cruise date. So, once you make final payment

NCL should allow you to Check-In on their app. once final payment is made! 

JMHO! 

3 hours ago, Oxo said:

Why do we have to wait until 21 days before the cruise date to check-in? 

NCL requires final payment 90 days before cruise date. So, once you make final payment

NCL should allow you to Check-In on their app. once final payment is made! 

JMHO! 

You have to wait because that is the rule. Many people make multiple changes to their cruises after final payment. Waiting until close to sailing helps avoid creating multiple sets of documents. 

if you don’t like 21 days you can always switch to Carnival where it is 14 days. 😆😆😆😆

• Like 1