Saint Greg's Jewels - Live - August 12, 2024

6 hours ago, www3traveler said:

It is $50 per port, use it or lose it.  Can not be combined or converted into OBC.

Actually it's $50.00 per excursion so you can do more than 1 excursion per port and get $50.00 off each. A number of years ago it was per port but that changed a few years ago.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Southern Dan said:

I am very sad they stopped offering Budweiser on the Jewel.  I am a very simple guy and I enjoy drinking Budweiser.  Guess I'm gonna be drinking a lot of Miller Lite next week.

And I will only drink Miller Lite, but as it was in the 30's last October beer wasn't high on my list of drink choices. 

• Like 2

Weather is looking good, no 30's for this sailing!

8/11 Su - Anchorage    59/51 - rain
8/12 Mo - Seward    56/44 - partly cloudy
8/13 Tu - @ Sea        59/50 - partly cloudy
8/14 We - Icy Straight    64/48 - sun & clouds
8/15 Th - Juneau    68/48 - partly cloudy
8/16 Fr - Skagway    71/53 - mostly sunny
8/17 Sa - Ketchican    72/57 - sun & clouds
8/18 Su - @ Sea        64/53 - mostly cloudy
8/19 Mo - Vancouver    71/58 - am showers/cloudy

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, depplep said:

Greg is an IPA kinda guy so I'm guessing Bud and Miller aren't at the top of his list. Good weather though.

Actually I'm not an IPA guy. If you see me drink it that's because I'm trying to drink local and that's all they have or that's all they have and I haven't already tried.

I like darker beers. When I first started cruising on carnival I would drink 15 Guinness a day.

But I'll drink coronas as well. If they have those ice cold coronas in the bottle like they did last year I'll drink those.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I stand corrected sir! What do I know about IPA's anyway? Miller Lite all the way over here. Tried to get one Guiness down once in England, nope, couldn't even do two sips.

• Haha 5

37 minutes ago, www3traveler said:

HEADS UP:  Just seeing reports of severe flooding from the glacier outside of Juneau, over 100 homes damaged.  Same thing as last year from what I can tell.

Nowhere near the tourist areas.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, www3traveler said:

HEADS UP:  Just seeing reports of severe flooding from the glacier outside of Juneau, over 100 homes damaged.  Same thing as last year from what I can tell.

Link??

2 hours ago, debenson0723 said:

Link??

I saw from one of the Cruise Blogger's (Don's Family Vacations--Don is from Ottawa, Canada, I think) video talking about it.  Then I Googled it-- found all kinds of reports about it.  Sounds as bad if not worse than what happened last year--- Mendenhall Glacier again.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Good morning. For those who don’t know I have an unlimited movie theater pass and I try to watch all of the movies in the theater. I’ve been doing that for over two years now.

It gets challenging right before a cruise because they typically release three movies on Thursday afternoon/night.

I used to just say “I’ll see those when I get back.” But I’ve found sometimes they aren’t still in the theater when I get back. I missed one last year in Alaska and I missed one this year in February when I had two cruises in three weeks. 

They released three on Thursday and I got them all in.

If you’ve followed my other threads you may know I’ve gotten some free audio books from Amazon audible. They used to offer me free trials and with each trial they would give me a credit I could use on a free book. I’d add it to my library and immediately cancel the trial. Your library is yours whether you’re subscribed or not. Well they haven’t given me that offer in probably over a year. But they did this week so I started my trial, took the book and canceled.

I noticed they have some books that are totally free so in addition to the one that cost my free credit, I added three more free ones to my library. That includes the first two lord of the rings books. I don’t know if I would ever get into that but just in case, it’s there.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 18

18 hours ago, Nurse Carol said:

Where do they usually serve prime rib? And is it offered on all NCL ships?

You can find it in the MDR, they advertise it in the Garden Cafe at least one night (hand carved).  It's offered in Cagney's.  

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

You can find it in the MDR, they advertise it in the Garden Cafe at least one night (hand carved).  It's offered in Cagney's.  

I haven’t seen it in the MDR since before Covid, except on the Cagney’s up charge menu. It has also been hit or miss in the Garden Cafe. 

My parking starts at 10 but I’m going to get there around noon. Thats more than 3 hours before my flight. Normally I book the DFW offsite parking for around $60-70. This time it was jacked up. The cheapest lot was like $114. I went back to the parking spot for $77.

IMG_2269.jpeg

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, zqvol said:

I haven’t seen it in the MDR since before Covid, except on the Cagney’s up charge menu. It has also been hit or miss in the Garden Cafe. 

Been in the Garden Cafe and The Local at least one night over the last couple of cruises I've been on.  Last one in June (Joy).  Also on the Prima earlier this year.

• Like 3

Hopefully I can use this Lyft discount in Anchorage. Sometimes I have these things expiring when I’m not traveling. This is why I go Lyft over Uber when the price is close. They give me discounts. Uber doesn’t.

IMG_2271.jpeg.cddc23ca09b06d8bd28619d26abc268b.jpeg

• Like 8

I'm here for the fun - have a safe flight Greg! We haven't been on NCL yet but are looking at possibly doing a TA with a friend who loves them. It will be nice to follow your live review since it's only your second time on NCL. I'll have to check out your live from last year as well..

On 8/8/2024 at 8:17 PM, LatinaInTexas said:

Wow that's one heck of a jam packed adventure and if anyone can pull it off and make it look easy it's you lol. Looking forward to seeing more of Alaska since I prob won't be making it back.

Flying out tomorrow night for my Jade cruise so will have a lot to catch up on when I return. It's looking like we will be having a lot of rain chances also booo.

Stay safe out there in bear country!

I watched the Jade come into port this morning just a little after 6:00 am - have a great cruise!

• Like 4