Saint Greg's Jewels - Live - August 12, 2024

5 minutes ago, bluesea777 said:

But you'll need to take the passport ashore in Skagway if you're travelling to Canada by either train or bus.

Not round trip train right? I don’t think we needed it last year. We never got off of the train.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

They did the opposite of what Carnival would’ve done on this night. They made comedy the main show and had the equivalent of love and marriage in the spinnaker. Of course carnival packs the main lounge for love and marriage so who knows which is right. 

This is how it was on Pearl this summer. both were packed. I got a spot at the bar in Spinnaker for L&M, which wasn't great for sight lines, but hey, i was at the bar. I'm curious if you get any more comedy this cruise, I've had one total night between Sun and Pearl my last two NCL cruises. 

• Like 7

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

This is how it was on Pearl this summer. both were packed. I got a spot at the bar in Spinnaker for L&M, which wasn't great for sight lines, but hey, i was at the bar. I'm curious if you get any more comedy this cruise, I've had one total night between Sun and Pearl my last two NCL cruises. 

Really? Bud is doing two adult shows Ketchikan night. Same As last year. One comedian two adult/pg. we’re lucky that Bud doesn’t like to repeat his so it’ll be like four unique shows instead of two. I’m hopeful for more on the newer ships as I’m seeing 2-3 comedians a week booked for those.

For the NCL people who don’t know, Carnival would have 4 comedians on this ship.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Saint Greg said:

Really? Bud is doing two adult shows Ketchikan night. Same As last year. One comedian two adult/pg. we’re lucky that Bud doesn’t like to repeat his so it’ll be like four unique shows instead of two. I’m hopeful for more on the newer ships as I’m seeing 2-3 comedians a week booked for those.

Yep. Just a one night one off show in Stardust. Same night as L&M. Maybe if he'd had four unique shows we'd have gotten them? Who knows. I agree about the newer non-Prima class ships (that comedy club scares me). I'm on Getaway next summer, bet that's got a deeper bench. 

• Like 4

On 8/13/2024 at 6:49 PM, Saint Greg said:

That walkway is deck 7 goes around the shop. I’m deck 5..6,7, 8 is that walkway, the MDR, atrium

and osheehans so it was a great spot for me and the cheapest cabins.

Being on the lower decks closer to the water in AK is nice! 

2 hours ago, Hogladyrider said:

Oh the times we are living in!  Must not teach geography in his school days.

Maybe @TxTeach79 could help them :classic_smile:

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

10 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Not round trip train right? I don’t think we needed it last year. We never got off of the train.

Not all trains go into Canada from Skagway, perhaps you were on one that didn't cross the border into Canada. If you went to White Pass and the train turned around, that's on the border.

We went further past White Pass to Fraser which is in Canada.

Show Replies

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Decisions decisions… should I do the chefs table on jubilee and try the lavender mouse?

IMG_4491.thumb.jpeg.cfc9eccffd151c54b2d0c4752895d100.jpeg

That depends on whether it’s a whole mouse or just part of one…..

• Haha 7

Posted (edited)

That makes me so mad. I get back on Monday night. Work just scheduled me for something super early on Tuesday morning. Four hours earlier than I was expecting.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 7

Sounds like we’re going to have an option of being dropped off downtown or at the ship so I’ll get off downtown, do the tram, maybe eat and/or drink. Then take the free shuttle back.

• Like 11