Suite passengers

jaypo63

We have just booked a suite onboard Ventura and have been told not to turn up before 3.30pm yet on their site it says priority embarkation and early boarding,was on the phone to them all day yesterday and was told umpteen different stories by umpteen different advisors that THAT IS our allotted time. Not impressed ☹️

15 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

What category/grade of suite do you have (should be on booking confirmation).

Also, is this an upgrade or did you book this grade at outset.

Hi,it's a B2 Cathay Suite and no,it's not an upgrade. We've sailed many times with P&O (few years back) and always in a suite and we've always been first on with other suite passengers but maybe it's changed now? 🤷‍♀️

I would expect the embarkation time to update nearer the time.

Unless it’s a short voyage where embarkation lunches aren’t offered, I would turn up around 12:30, your boarding pass will show priority boarding, and I don’t expect a problem.

The call centre will always tell you that t your boarding is the time and it can’t be changed as so many people ask to change however your suite benefits go give you that embarkation lunch benefit.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, molecrochip said:

Unless it’s a short voyage where embarkation lunches aren’t offered, I would turn up around 12:30, your boarding pass will show priority boarding, and I don’t expect a problem.

The call centre will always tell you that t your boarding is the time and it can’t be changed as so many people ask to change however your suite benefits go give you that embarkation lunch benefit.

Thank you so much,we're actually away on the 22nd August so I'm guessing that IS our time,also,we can't get our boarding passes as we can't register our bank cards,kept saying error,tried several cards on different computers and still the same,just one problem after the other with P&O ☹️

Do you mean Ventura on 24th August?

Have you entered all passengers passport details? The website can be picky with bank card registration if not.

Also, I tend to fine the checkin system is more stable if you log in as lead passenger.

• Like 2

Just now, molecrochip said:

Have you entered all passengers passport details? The website can be picky with bank card registration if not.

Also, I tend to fine the checkin system is more stable if you log in as lead passenger.

Sorry yes,24th to Spain and guernsey,yes we've tried literally everything and it just says,sorry,can't register ,try later,or words to that effect. Thank you for replying ☺️

1 hour ago, molecrochip said:

Soooo,we've just been able to register our credit card after not being able to all day yesterday and our boarding pass says 12.15 🥳🥳 so all that mumbojumbo the advisors told us was utter rubbish. Thank you for your help x

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, jaypo63 said:

Soooo,we've just been able to register our credit card after not being able to all day yesterday and our boarding pass says 12.15 🥳🥳 so all that mumbojumbo the advisors told us was utter rubbish. Thank you for your help x

We got back from Ventura a week or so ago.

Also was in a suite and boarding time was 12:15pm

Ignore that. We turned up at 11am, security door staff said wait till 12:15. Then more arrived and we went in the terminal at 11:15. Security was waiting and wondering why no one was coming through. Was on the ship at 11:35 and having lunch served at 12:00.

Enjoy your cruise

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, SausPud said:

We got back from Ventura a week or so ago.

Also was in a suite and boarding time was 12:15pm

Ignore that. We turned up at 11am, security door staff said wait till 12:15. Then more arrived and we went in the terminal at 11:15. Security was waiting and wondering why no one was coming through. Was on the ship at 11:35 and having lunch served at 12:00.

Enjoy your cruise

Thank you so much,we have to be out of our hotel at 11am so that's good to know,hope you enjoyed your cruise 😊

58 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

Sorry to be a pest but where do suite passengers go for their embarkation lunch? It used to be Sindhu but we've read nothing that tells us. Thank you 

4 minutes ago, jaypo63 said:

Sorry to be a pest but where do suite passengers go for their embarkation lunch? It used to be Sindhu but we've read nothing that tells us. Thank you 

I’ve never travelled in a suite on Ventura. However there should be a little invitation card on the desk/vanity when you arrive. If cabins aren’t ready, ask one of the wonderful crew.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, molecrochip said:

If you do have direct contact with P&O Moley, perhaps you should advise them to ensure their agents are fully trained and understand all the benefits that apply to their passengers bookings, just like their better TAs. Just saying......

Edited by terrierjohn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

If you do have direct contact with P&O Moley, perhaps you should advise them to ensure their agents are fully trained and understand all the benefits that apply to their passengers bookings, just like their better TAs. Just saying......

I take your point but so many people call asking to change time that the message is unlikely to change.

Generally, for suite passengers these issue correct themselves, and for higher level loyalty guests, there is a message on the booking or check-in that they can arrive from 12ish.

As someone else said, there is a plan for pick you boarding time, but other matters have got in the way.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jaypo63 said:

The higher tier/suite lunch on our last few Ventura cruises has been in the Bay Tree MDR.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

We were on the phone nearly half the day to P&O & got told 3 different stories as to why we couldn't change our book in time,I KNEW as suite passengers we had priority embarkation but they were having none of it , I was told it was because we'd booked late,then I was old we DID have priority but only to go to the priority check in,it would still be 3.30pm embarkation,then lastly we were told they'd changed the priority boarding 6 months ago,all 3 stories absolute nonsense 🤷‍♀️

9 hours ago, jaypo63 said:

We were on the phone nearly half the day to P&O & got told 3 different stories as to why we couldn't change our book in time,I KNEW as suite passengers we had priority embarkation but they were having none of it , I was told it was because we'd booked late,then I was old we DID have priority but only to go to the priority check in,it would still be 3.30pm embarkation,then lastly we were told they'd changed the priority boarding 6 months ago,all 3 stories absolute nonsense 🤷‍♀️

That is the main reason why I would never book direct with P&O. It can take an eternity for them to answer the phone and when you do get through you cannot rely on the answer they give you is correct. Either it is down to poor training or incompetent staff as PO have always had poor land based Customer Service. Started cruising with them in 2000 and have always said they are run as two different companies land based and sea based.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

That is the main reason why I would never book direct with P&O. It can take an eternity for them to answer the phone and when you do get through you cannot rely on the answer they give you is correct. Either it is down to poor training or incompetent staff as PO have always had poor land based Customer Service. Started cruising with them in 2000 and have always said they are run as two different companies land based and sea based.

We used to sail with P&O for years and they USED to be very good but we stopped using them after too many glitches and the standards had dropped so much,so we shifted to Cunard and there really is no comparison,every detail is perfect,the only reason we've booked this trip is because Cunard have no suites left for months and months but we've enjoyed Ventura many times but after this fiasco I now remember why we moved away from them. One advisor had me on the phone for 50 minutes and we still got no further on. This will definitely be our last trip with them ☹️

19 hours ago, Thejuggler said:

At some time in the future I'm sure P&O will catch up with other cruise companies and let passengers choose their own boarding time. 

Well my last cruise was with Princess and we were allowed to turn up any time after 11am. I was wondering how that would work and turned out that we took ages to embark. So not such a good system after all. Much prefer being given a time with P&O which has worked so well recently with speedy embarkation. Late embarkation doesn’t bother me. 

18 hours ago, jaypo63 said:

Usually Cinnamon or Saffron restaurants. You will find out at checkin or ask when you get on board. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, daiB said:

The higher tier/suite lunch on our last few Ventura cruises has been in the Bay Tree MDR.

That is probably the Peninsular lunch. Embarkation has always been Cinnamon or Saffron. 

5 minutes ago, Fionboard said:

That is probably the Peninsular lunch. Embarkation has always been Cinnamon or Saffron. 

Thank you so much,it's been so long since we've been on Ventura but I'm sure we'll find our lunch 😆 

52 minutes ago, Ardennais said:

Well my last cruise was with Princess and we were allowed to turn up any time after 11am. I was wondering how that would work and turned out that we took ages to embark. So not such a good system after all. Much prefer being given a time with P&O which has worked so well recently with speedy embarkation. Late embarkation doesn’t bother me. 

That could be dependant on the number of American's on the cruise. If there are a lot of Americans then embarkation is quicker as the American arrive by coach mid afternoon.