More mechanical issues for Carnival Vista

Just read someone's post on a cruise group FB page that the Vista is having mechanical issues again. Anyone else hear anything about that? It was posted about 20 minutes ago.

4 hours ago, DeniseTr said:

I wonder at what point Carnival would allow you to change ships given the mechanical issues continue to happen.

Well, it's not like they just go grab one of the other ships in the warehouse 😉, so Carnival would have to figure out how to put you on an existing cruise sailing (if you wanted to keep the sail date), which is undoubtedly already close to full capacity.  They can't just put everyone on whatever other ship(s) is/are sailing that day from that port.

So they'd have to offer full refunds and/or future cruise credit.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Well, it's not like they just go grab one of the other ships in the warehouse 😉, so Carnival would have to figure out how to put you on an existing cruise sailing (if you wanted to keep the sail date), which is undoubtedly already close to full capacity.  They can't just put everyone on whatever other ship(s) is/are sailing that day from that port.

I'm on the Vista this week. Yesterday our first port at Amber Cove we were late arriving by about 30 minutes.  No concern at that point but then that afternoon there was an announcement followed by the notification that a $50 credit would be applied.   So far there I haven't heard any type of upraising from the passengers.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, HappySails4U said:

I'm on the Vista this week. Yesterday our first port at Amber Cove we were late arriving by about 30 minutes.  No concern at that point but then that afternoon there was an announcement followed by the notification that a $50 credit would be applied.   So far there I haven't heard any type of upraising from the passengers.  

Thanks for the update.  Not sure I have ever understood uprisings on a cruise ship...but that is just me.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

mmmm doubt that is going to happen, but let's see.

25 minutes ago, ludocdoc said:

We're on the Sept 1 - lost Turks, DR and got bahamas x2. Not happy. Not sur eif it would be better for them to cancel - at least that way I could use trip insurance.

I feel for you, since we were on the sept 7th sailing that got canceled, called carnival to try and book aanother cruise, tried to get me on the sept 1st sailing, I said no, so ended up going out of tampa on a back to back in sept also, but in a suite, and able to use the 100% FCC. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, helene109 said:

For 9-7? I am 9-15!

The Panorama took about three weeks to fix. You're probably in trouble enough to be searching for options. Not definitely, but i got the feeling the need to rebuild the Azipod.

11 minutes ago, MRVEGAS711 said:

The Panorama took about three weeks to fix. You're probably in trouble enough to be searching for options. Not definitely, but i got the feeling the need to rebuild the Azipod.

That took a little longer because they had to remove and then later re-install the funnel to be able to fit under a bridge. 😎

• Like 3

13 hours ago, LatinaInTexas said:

wonder if it will be fixed for real by then.

Given that past performance is the best predictor of future performance... I'd say - "Good Luck".

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, aborgman said:

Given that past performance is the best predictor of future performance... I'd say - "Good Luck".

I know right. It's farther down the road so plenty of time to see if a better offer pops up and I will switch.

• Like 3