Has anyone asked the kitchen or MTD about getting Indian food one night in the MDR lately?

AlpacaBag

11 hours ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

My picture is missing the cilantro, jalapeño and raisin toppings. 

IMG_4602.jpeg

IMG_4603.jpeg

IMG_4600.jpeg

Thanks, I have never had Korma like this in the UK, so it's good to know

• Like 1

On Regal some choice has been available several nights.  For example, butter chicken was on the dinner menu on 11 August.  Appeared in the always available (Princess Favorites new name) section of the menu.

On 8/11/2024 at 6:18 PM, HaveDogWillTravel said:

I really must thank you for turning me on to this. I had always seen it on the lunch menu but never ordered it until after I read your post about medical dragging (my words not yours lol) you away from your just delivered korma.

And I must thank cruise friend @srice because, like you, I had seen it on the menu cruise after cruise, but never tried it until his suggestion that I do. So many wasted opportunities!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

And I must thank cruise friend @srice because, like you, I had seen it on the menu cruise after cruise, but never tried it until his suggestion that I do. So many wasted opportunities!

I found it from your blog. Great lunch or dinner...when you can get the waiters to offer the condiments that go with it. Some waiters don't seem to know about that.

• Like 1

A couple of comments:

1) I was on the first Regal Princess cruise out of Galveston last year.  There were a significant number of Indians on board with a good number of them being vegetarian.  The travel agent who booked the 30 rooms met with the head chef and staff and made sure that there were always options as he planned to book more cruises.  The chef was very receptive.

2) I was on the Carnival Splendor before it relocated to Singapore for the Asian market.  I was talking with the wait staff who was all Filipino and I asked him when "adobo night" was.  On the last night, we shows up with two plates of chicken adobo on the final night.  In general, on most cruises, if you want something special, let the staff know and they will try to make it happen.

On 8/12/2024 at 10:46 PM, Cruisemeister2002 said:

On P&O cruise ships they have Indian on certain nights in the buffet. Reading the comments for Princess it seems it is much more available in both the buffet and MDR or am I just reading this wrong ?

P&O UK do some great curries for lunch and dinner both in buffet and MDR. I have traveled on Arcadia, Oriana and Aurora around many parts of the world. P&O appear to have mostly Indian Chefs/Cooks as well as Indian service staff and stewards, thus Indian dishes are of a high standard, generally.