O has a new "Flash" sale (although it's a pretty long ~ 2week flash)

AMHuntFerry

1. That Lisbon to Miami on Marina is looking really good. But I have a 20 day cruise starting on the 3rd of December. I'd have to spend a week in Miami, or go home for a couple of days and then head back. Probably aint happening. 

Actually did book that Marina, Lisbon to Miami cruise.  When it is cheaper to cruise home for 12 days compared to a Biz Class flight home from a previous Rome to Barcelona segment, it was an easy sell to the DW.  Only real hurdle for that Marina cruise is that it docks the day before Thanksgiving. Not flying home that day so easy answer was spend the night at an airport hotel and fly home early a.m. on Thanksgiving and be home for an evening Turkey dinner with family. 
There seemed to be a number of well priced/Discounted cruises included. 
Mauibabes

• Like 5

I looked at some, but the ones I saw were all one-way sailings.  Flying to or from cruise one-way locations really ups the price of the airfare, so I figured what I would save on the cruise fare would get eaten up by the airfare.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm also on the Lisbon to Miami cruise.  My price is already lower than what is posted, not much but still lower.  I took advantage of a Flash sale back in May to lower my previously booked cost.   No idea what happened between then and now as I just don't keep that close of tabs on price fluctuations even though I know I should. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mauibabes said:

Actually did book that Marina, Lisbon to Miami cruise.  When it is cheaper to cruise home for 12 days compared to a Biz Class flight home from a previous Rome to Barcelona segment, it was an easy sell to the DW.  Only real hurdle for that Marina cruise is that it docks the day before Thanksgiving. Not flying home that day so easy answer was spend the night at an airport hotel and fly home early a.m. on Thanksgiving and be home for an evening Turkey dinner with family. 
There seemed to be a number of well priced/Discounted cruises included. 
Mauibabes

We are embarking a few hours after you get off.  While I am not sure if it can be arranged, would be fun to try and have lunch together while they are cleaning the ship and we can miss the rush.  I am sure you will be busy but if you want to try and make it happen, let me know.

@Woofa That could definitely be interesting, email me and we will see if we can make this happen. I know they will kick us off the ship at the latest by 9:00. let’s chat

gerryesker@gmail.com

Mauibabes

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

... if it will end in time for a labour day sale?

Though thinking the Labor Day sale, like say the Presidents' Day sale, has often been a 4-category upgrade sale? The Summer Sale claims up to "40% off and the Flash sale says up to "25%" off.

21 hours ago, AMHuntFerry said:

O has a new sale posted today...quite limited (<=40 cruises near term to June 2025), but maybe worth checking if you're the sporting sort. 😉 

I owe you an “adult beverage.” I had looked at the “summer sale” but hadn’t yet seen the “flash sale.” Thanks for the “heads up.”

Did the math on my existing CPT-BCN O Life booking (May-June 2025) and got a price match that lowered the my fare+excursions cost by $5000 and added the SM basic booze. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, MEFIowa said:

Though thinking the Labor Day sale, like say the Presidents' Day sale, has often been a 4-category upgrade sale? The Summer Sale claims up to "40% off and the Flash sale says up to "25%" off.

FWIW: This Flash Sale has some very popular long itineraries (e.g., our 4 week CPT-BCN).

@KS&JW That’s fantastic, we will have to plan to meet up for a glass of something Embarkation Day in Horizons or Martinis. I have not seen anyone arranging a M&G for the TA, but we will see if anyone steps up or we will do our own impromptu get together. We are in 11012 so file that away for November, Gerry and Bonnie.

Ditto for MaryNorCal

Mauibabes.  

Just an FYI, if you're past final payment take a look at the Cancellation Schedule. In the past I've heard of people getting OBC after final, but if you're cancelling and rebooking, which so many times to get the discount is what happens, then your penalty can and probably will be more than the savings. This seems to also be a reason or benefit to O for the new Cancellation Schedule they instituted a few months ago, along with the earlier time to make Final Payment for cruises less than 15 days. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ORV said:

Just an FYI, if you're past final payment take a look at the Cancellation Schedule. In the past I've heard of people getting OBC after final,

We are booked and past final payment date,  on one of the 40 cruises included in the flash sale. We have contacted our agency. 
The difference is more than $1500. Has anyone had success or not in getting satisfaction after the final payment date. OBC would be fine.

Thanks for your help.

21 minutes ago, Robjame said:

We are booked and past final payment date,  on one of the 40 cruises included in the flash sale. We have contacted our agency. 
The difference is more than $1500. Has anyone had success or not in getting satisfaction after the final payment date. OBC would be fine.

Thanks for your help.

Let us know what your TA finds out please. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ORV said:

Let us know what your TA finds out please. 

Our TA contacted Oceania and they have refunded the difference in cruise fare. As mentioned above this difference will be applied as a OBC to us, which is fine with us. 
For us, this is a combined cruise and the 5% combined cruise credit (b2b) had to be referred for credit, to a higher up. I will update when we hear back.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Robjame said:

Thanks for your help.

yes got the difference in OBCs, 400 pp....thats how much the cruise went down...we were after final pay....

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Robjame said:

Our TA contacted Oceania and they have refunded the difference in cruise fare. As mentioned above this difference will be applied as a OBC to us, which is fine with us. 
For us, this is a combined cruise and the 5% combined cruise credit (b2b) had to be referred for credit, to a higher up. I will update when we hear back.

14 hours ago, jonthomas said:

yes got the difference in OBCs, 400 pp....thats how much the cruise went down...we were after final pay....

So being after final payment have either of your TAs mentioned the penalty schedule and whether it applies to you?

29 minutes ago, ORV said:

So being after final payment have either of your TAs mentioned the penalty schedule and whether it applies to you?

Ours is not a rebooking but rather, I think, a courtesy refund. In our initial conversation she had said that a rebooking under the penalty clause might require us to accept a different

cabin. We are only a month past final payment.

I suspect that if they didn’t refund the difference there would be a lot unhappy (regular) customers. A lot of people probably don’t check the sales and are blissful in their ignorance.
Also, Oceania mitigates their loss by refunding the difference only as OBC which doesn’t really matter to us but is extremely beneficial to them.

3 hours ago, Robjame said:

We are only a month past final payment.

With a Dec 5 sailing date I think that puts you in the 50% penalty. 

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, ORV said:

With a Dec 5 sailing date I think that puts you in the 50% penalty. 

Yes Orv we are in the 50% penalty but this did not enter into the conversation. Oceania has simply given us OBC credit for the difference between our original Cruise Fare Total and the new Cruise Fare Total. 
Very fair IMO.

This amounts to $452 US per person.

Edited by Robjame
  • Like 1

@Robjame 👍💰 looks like O is buying you some fine wines or Spa treatments or shopping trips into the Boutiques. I always say, there can never be too much OBC or SBC. 
Have a great cruise.

Mauibabes

• Like 1