Family in two cabins. How to get cabin cards for both cabins

shatzi13

My family and I are sailing on the Summit in a few months.  There were no connecting balcony cabins available so we have one balcony and one interior.  My daughter (18) and I are assigned the balcony and my son (14) and husband are in the interior.  My husband and I would like to have the balcony and have the teenagers in the interior.  I know that's not technically allowed but I'm sure its done frequently.  Does anyone know if there's a way for my husband to get a cruise card for the balcony cabin and me to get one for the interior?  Without losing the ability to charge to our assigned cabin?

Posted (edited)

As@mahasamatman indicates all you have to do is go to guest services for additional stateroom keys.  But note they will only be activated to open the doors and will not carry and stateroom account privileges or ID verification.

What you are suggesting is done frequently and will not affect your booking.  Just notify the stateroom attendant so that he knows who is where for his service purposes.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, shatzi13 said:

My family and I are sailing on the Summit in a few months.  There were no connecting balcony cabins available so we have one balcony and one interior.  My daughter (18) and I are assigned the balcony and my son (14) and husband are in the interior.  My husband and I would like to have the balcony and have the teenagers in the interior.  I know that's not technically allowed but I'm sure its done frequently.  Does anyone know if there's a way for my husband to get a cruise card for the balcony cabin and me to get one for the interior?  Without losing the ability to charge to our assigned cabin?

I don’t know what makes you think that it’s not technically allowed. It is absolutely allowed. Just go to guest relations and they will give you the cards.

We did it this cruise. We booked with each child with a parent, once onboard we went to guest services and we swapped the parents in one room and the children in another. Differnce with you is my eldest is 20 but it should not matter. They print new cards for the swapped persons.

I have also heard you can get ‘blank’ cards to access the other room but we didn’t bother as we had connecting balconies so we just walked over.

Interesting. My husband and I and our adult son and his fiance are in MC Sky suites that are side by side on the Beyond, cabins 9200 and 9204. Because of the outer door and hall ways we were wondering how we would be able to go knock on their door if needed without a key to that outer door. Maybe this would work for us?

Also since our balconies are side by side is it possible to open the divider? Is that allowed?

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, tbo said:

Interesting. My husband and I and our adult son and his fiance are in MC Sky suites that are side by side on the Beyond, cabins 9200 and 9204. Because of the outer door and hall ways we were wondering how we would be able to go knock on their door if needed without a key to that outer door. Maybe this would work for us?

Also since our balconies are side by side is it possible to open the divider? Is that allowed?

The door in the hallway is for the inside connecting stateroom and will remain locked for access buy those guests as you did not book those.  Keys will be provided for both side by side suites.  The partition between the balconies can also be opened, but this is officially at the discretion of the Captain.  Just ask the stateroom attendant after you board and he will confirm and open it for you.  We have never had an issue with this in the past.

• Like 1

Do you know that you could book the kids in their own cabin? As long as they are next to or across from you it is allowed. We have done this multiple times with our kids starting when they were 14 and 12. 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

The door in the hallway is for the inside connecting stateroom and will remain locked for access by those guests as you did not book those.  

@tbo sorry, I misread your post.  Since you have the connecting inside you will have access to both inside and outside doors.