Captain's Party Question

Rainbow3fe

Hi,

Anyone know which day of the cruise the Captain's Party is usually held?

If you cruise 2 legs, will there be 2 Captain's Parties?

Thanks, 

Felice 😎

3 minutes ago, Rainbow3fe said:

Hi,

Anyone know which day of the cruise the Captain's Party is usually held?

If you cruise 2 legs, will there be 2 Captain's Parties?

Thanks, 

Felice 😎

Captain’s Welcome event is usually the first sea day early on in a segment or, if none the first port day with early departure. There is a Captain’s Welcome for each segment and all are welcome.

The O Club Party is usually later in the segment and, depending on passenger load, may be split into two events. Over the past few years, an O Club “first time O cruisers” party has been added. (They’re not invited to the regular O Club Party.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Captain’s Welcome event is usually the first sea day early on in a segment or, if none the first port day with early departure. There is a Captain’s Welcome for each segment and all are welcome.

The O Club Party is usually later in the segment and, depending on passenger load, may be split into two events. Over the past few years, an O Club “first time O cruisers” party has been added. (They’re not invited to the regular O Club Party.

Hi,

I appreciate your kind reply. I was trying to decide on a plan for dinner reservations because the 1st leg is quite port intensive. We booked some wonderful private excursions and it's going to be exciting and exhausting.

At the O Club party we'll be getting new level paraphernalia that we probably won't find useful, but it's still fun. 

Take care,

Felice 😎

9 minutes ago, Rainbow3fe said:

Hi,

I appreciate your kind reply. I was trying to decide on a plan for dinner reservations because the 1st leg is quite port intensive. We booked some wonderful private excursions and it's going to be exciting and exhausting.

At the O Club party we'll be getting new level paraphernalia that we probably won't find useful, but it's still fun. 

Take care,

Felice 😎

The new level paraphernalia is not handed out at the O club party but will be left in your cabin.  The only thing recognized at the O club party is handing pins to those attaining the highest level of Diamond or Presidents. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, basor said:

The new level paraphernalia is not handed out at the O club party but will be left in your cabin.  The only thing recognized at the O club party is handing pins to those attaining the highest level of Diamond or Presidents. 

Oh. Thank you for letting me know.  We aren't getting those pins 😃

Felice 😎

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, basor said:

….  The only thing recognized at the O club party is handing pins to those attaining the highest level of Diamond or Presidents. 

What levels get pins specifically at the event depends on how many are in the various categories. In the many events I have attended, I’ve seen Platinum and up as the most widely recognized.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

The 1st sea day is on day 6. So I won't really know in advance which day the Captain's Party will be. That will be fine. We can play it by ear.😎

41 minutes ago, Rainbow3fe said:

The 1st sea day is on day 6. So I won't really know in advance which day the Captain's Party will be. That will be fine. We can play it by ear.😎

My upcoming 11 day cruise doesn't have any sea days. The Captain's Party will be on Day 2  which is an early departure from port at 3pm so it won't conflict. It's at 5:30 and lasts about an hour. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

It has most typically been a Day 2 of the cruise in the recent past. Day 3 at the very latest. Sea days now play no effect upon timing. 

It is always over well before 6:30 so that the starving souls can eat early. It will in no way conflict with any dinner plans. 

The Captain’s Party includes free Happy Hour at all the ship’s bars. One doesn’t have to attend to get free drinks. Secondly, unless one just wants to meet the Captain in the Reception Line, the drinks and service are typically far better in the bars than at the reception.

I will add that the Repeater Party and the Newbies Party are likewise essentially finished before 6:30. Even though food is served at those events, they ensure everyone can make their dinners.

Let me add, that unless a Sea Day, Day 2 is a horrible day to plan any Meet & Greets. Arranging space is near impossible.

Edited by pinotlover
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

The Captain’s cocktail party is different to the ‘Returners’ and ‘Newbies’ parties which usually last around an hour and are by invitation.

On our last cruise on the Marina in May the Captain’s cocktail party was on day 3 day 1 being embarkation day. It is advertised in Currents and our was from 5.45 - 8pm in Horizons and 6 - 8pm in the Grand Bar & Martinis. From memory the Captains party usually lasts that long but in saying that you don’t have to arrive at the start and stay to the end, unless of course you want to!

• Like 3

On our last two cruises, we havent gone to the Captain's actual party. 5.30 is still afternoon for us and we don't want to be in our smarter clothes so early simply to get a free drink. Not least as we wouldnt be dining till 8. Of course, we do take advantage of the free drink available in the bars. 

We've been to the "Returners" party once but not last time. Similar reasoning.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

What levels get pins specifically at the event depends on how many are in the various categories. In the many events I have attended, I’ve seen Platinum and up as the most widely recognized.

Back in the old days before there were so many repeaters they used to call up and hand out pins to the lower levels. There was a letter in your room as to whether you wanted to just get the pins or have them give them to you at the party. Over the years with more club members it has changed to just the higher ones. On our free cruise they didn't present us with ours. I would have thought that recognizing cruisers on their free ones would be a motivation for those working their way toward one. Anymore I just hear them tell how many Platinums there are along with the Gold, Silver, etc. 

Edited by ORV
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Harters said:

On our last two cruises, we havent gone to the Captain's actual party. 5.30 is still afternoon for us and we don't want to be in our smarter clothes so early simply to get a free drink. Not least as we wouldnt be dining till 8. Of course, we do take advantage of the free drink available in the bars. 

We've been to the "Returners" party once but not last time. Similar reasoning.  

We enjoy Captain’s Parties because we get a chance to dance.   We are normally back in pur stateroom by the time they play dance music up in Horizons.

• Like 1

Those at the lower level of pins will receive them in their cabins, the first time they sail on reaching the milestone. Others at the Platinum. Diamond and president club level will receive their pins at the parties. Usually the 3 people with the highest number of days sailing with Oceania will be recognized at the party also 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rainbow3fe said:

our first sea day is day 6 also. Are you on the Tokyo to Singapore cruise?