CCL stock OBC rejected

SDARCH

1 hour ago, DougandEric said:

Something to think about.  I went to the StockPerks app and logged in, tried to link my E*Trade account and it wouldn't authorize.  It occurred to me that I changed my access to use a security code which is through the Norton VIP Access app and StockPerks doesn't support that - at least that I can see.  So I'll have to take a picture of my statement.  Security can make things difficult.

As I purchased the stock through my SoFi account, I had to use the manual process anyway but as I type this, all seems to be going well with that submission.  I will update as developments warrant..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DougandEric said:

Something to think about.  I went to the StockPerks app and logged in, tried to link my E*Trade account and it wouldn't authorize.  It occurred to me that I changed my access to use a security code which is through the Norton VIP Access app and StockPerks doesn't support that - at least that I can see.  So I'll have to take a picture of my statement.  Security can make things difficult.

We print the statement on our desktop to PDF, we then use an editor to cross off account number, then email that statement to myself, I then save it on my cell phone, then I do a manual update to Stockperks.

• Like 2

As expected, my submission was declined because the fare didn't meet the qualifications.

I always did a lot of work to black out anything that didn't pertain solely to my CCL shares, and submitted only that, online.  Do we even know what Stockperks is actually providing when they do this submission for us?  My shares are in an E*Trade IRA.  When I set up the Stockperks account yesterday, they confirmed my ownership of both 100 shrs of CCL and RCL.  Is their function just to confirm that ownership to the cruiseline?  I certainly don't want anyone, anywhere, getting all the account details.  Not to be paranoid or anything.  I haven't read all the fine print at Stockperks.  Maybe I should've done that before signing up and letting them take care of everything.  Maybe I should've done all that manual labor of blacking out 90% of my statement and submitting a pdf.

I sail again on 1/4/25.  I guess I'll submit for that sailing when I return from my N Am cruise a few days before Thanksgiving.  If that's rejected - and it should NOT be - that doesn't give me much time to get it resolved.

6 hours ago, NCTribeFan said:

As expected, my submission was declined because the fare didn't meet the qualifications.

I always did a lot of work to black out anything that didn't pertain solely to my CCL shares, and submitted only that, online.  Do we even know what Stockperks is actually providing when they do this submission for us?  My shares are in an E*Trade IRA.  When I set up the Stockperks account yesterday, they confirmed my ownership of both 100 shrs of CCL and RCL.  Is their function just to confirm that ownership to the cruiseline?  I certainly don't want anyone, anywhere, getting all the account details.  Not to be paranoid or anything.  I haven't read all the fine print at Stockperks.  Maybe I should've done that before signing up and letting them take care of everything.  Maybe I should've done all that manual labor of blacking out 90% of my statement and submitting a pdf.

I sail again on 1/4/25.  I guess I'll submit for that sailing when I return from my N Am cruise a few days before Thanksgiving.  If that's rejected - and it should NOT be - that doesn't give me much time to get it resolved.

It seems that Stockperks keeps your ownership proof submission for 3 months, after which you'll have to submit again if you want to claim your benefit on more cruises.  Personally, I use PDF and extract the single page from my latest statement that shows my CCL holdings and only send that page, with redactions for non CCL holdings, etc., to them or, back when, to HAL. Never had an issue and it's easy peasy.  No one needs the 15 or so pages of a whole account statement for this.

Once Stockperks has accepted your proof, you then can use the app to apply for the shareholders benefit for individual booked cruises that fall between now and the end of 2024.  For 2025, my attempt came back and said try again in November 2024 for my February 2025 cruise.

Even if I didn't have a Fidelity account for this, I would not provide Stockperks with anything beyond a PDF copy, redacted, of the single page that shows my CCL holdings.  Fidelity does not grant Stockperks access to accounts, which might be easier, but is less secure, IMHO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, NCTribeFan said:

We were also just rejected for a restricted discounted reservation. I'm not even sure how to tell that we have a restricted discounted reservation as it's an upcoming TA that was booked with a refundable deposit. How could you tell that it was going to be denied?

We were able to add both the teacher and AARP OBC so it can't be 'that' restricted. 

On 8/17/2024 at 3:13 PM, farjar said:

We are receiving Military, First Responders and Shareholders in my husband's name.  The AARP had to be in my name since it was not combinable with one of his (I think shareholders but not positive.)

What OBC is available for military and how is it obtained? 

5 hours ago, maraena said:

We were also just rejected for a restricted discounted reservation. I'm not even sure how to tell that we have a restricted discounted reservation as it's an upcoming TA that was booked with a refundable deposit. How could you tell that it was going to be denied?

We were able to add both the teacher and AARP OBC so it can't be 'that' restricted. 

I agree with you.

1 minute ago, Kaibyrd said:

Sea42 thanks! Can this be applied to an already booked cruise sailing next year? 

You're welcome. I think this one can be applied to a current booking but I'm not sure. Hopefully someone else can give you a better answer.

1 hour ago, Kaibyrd said:

Sea42 thanks! Can this be applied to an already booked cruise sailing next year? 

We had our AARP, military, shareholders and first responders all applied after we had booked our cruise. As I mentioned previously the AARP was applied in my name while the others were applied for in my husband's name because two of them were not combinable. In another post someone thought it was the AARP and the military that can't be requested by the same person.

• Thanks 1

We had AARP and the teacher OBC on my side. Husband applied for the stock owner credit for him. It was denied but we're following up on it. Will let you know how that turns out but it looks like they may be locking down the multiple OBC's for a stateroom. We received our response late last night for those wanting a data point. We were told to email HAL reservations if we felt there was a mistake or Carnival corp about the stockperks app. No phone number provided.

Our TA has confirmed that we're not on a restricted rate and said he's been hearing that AARP and stock OBCs are not combinable of late. I'm the AARP member while the stocks were in my husband's brokerage account (we also have different surnames). 

5 hours ago, farjar said:

We had our AARP, military, shareholders and first responders all applied after we had booked our cruise. As I mentioned previously the AARP was applied in my name while the others were applied for in my husband's name because two of them were not combinable. In another post someone thought it was the AARP and the military that can't be requested by the same person.

I got my husband’s military status approved today but I don’t know how to apply it to my booked cruise. It says it’s good for my next booking and I can look for my next cruise but that’s it. 

On 8/21/2024 at 12:37 PM, NCTribeFan said:

Just submitted mine for November cruise.  We'll see.  I expect it to be declined because it was a deeply-discounted offer.

I'll apply for my Jan 2025 sailing in a couple of months.  That was pretty much full fare but does have various different OBC already applied.  I'll be very disappointed if it's declined for that one.

When I applied for my January 2025 sailing Stockperks sent an email advising that I need to  apply for that sailing in November .

Of course, as most, I like the old way better but it is what it is...the old dog new tricks thingie.

• Like 1

HAL needs to work on upgrading their IT system and provide better access for each of us to our bookings. Seems many of us are spinning our wheels trying to get the various OBC's and the success rate isn't great. On other lines, I can see each OBC and its source. With Princess, DH's military posts as soon as we book a cruise, and then I submit the stock request and within a few days, it's there. Plus I can also see any TA or cruise line offerings. The affinity programs offered by HAL seems to cause significant frustration - cannot combine, getting rejected, disappearing, and follow up calls to HAL provide nothing more than someone reading from a script. If HAL offers something to its customers, then they should state what can and cannot be combined. 

It's been a while since we cruise HAL, but when we booked, our TA said the military "might" be in the CCL system, but apply to be sure. That's when I discovered the AARP and educators OBC's. yes, I saw the "new bookings only" and wasn't happy to think I wouldn't get the credits. But I went through the application process and got the email saying verified. Our TA noted that the total OBC's changed a few times, and once disappeared when he adjusted the total cost of the cruise. 

So last week I submitted final payment and asked out TA what he could "see" on his HAL access. Got the military, AARP, educator, stock, TA, something called anniversary and a select state OBC. $950. buys a lot of Delft vases! We'll use the OBC's for the laundry package and upgrade the WiFi, and visit Shorex to credit back the cabana at Amber Cove. 

Darcy

• Like 5

Update: No progress yet but I did dig a bit deeper on my submission to the StockPerks app.  There is a standard disclaimer note about being contacted within five (5) business days if you claim has been approved and applied to your itinerary.  Now technically it has been 5 business days but I'm sure StockPerks would quibble with counting the day of submission as a business day (even though they should....). 

At any rate, the submission still shows in progress with a submission date of 8/20/2024.  

I am also curious to see if there is follow through on the posting the OBC to our itinerary (which is promised by StockPerks) even though others have noted they cannot see OBC prior to boarding.  

More updates to follow as developments warrant.  

On 8/22/2024 at 2:56 PM, 0bnxshs said:

Personally, I use PDF and extract the single page from my latest statement that shows my CCL holdings and only send that page, with redactions for non CCL holdings, etc., to them or, back when, to HAL. Never had an issue and it's easy peasy.  No one needs the 15 or so pages of a whole account statement for this.

I have not used the CCL shareholder request since Carnival switched to the new system - expect to do so around January for our HAL booking - but previous submissions I made required full name and address on the page(s) submitted. Since the CCL line was on page 2 or 3 of the account summary, I also had to include a copy of page 1, which was the only place my full name and address were shown. So, two pages were required out of 20 or so.

• Like 1

This is on every reservation I make.  Stock Benefit and AARP Benefit are always included.

Included In Your Reservation

sevice-onboard-credit-012218-c052.jpg.im

Cruise Only: Our Lowest Fare + Add On Amenities Later
Terms & Conditions

Shareholders Appreciation
Your shareholder onboard credit has been applied.
AARP Member Benefit
Your AARP onboard credit has been applied.

Posted (edited)

So a development today - in this morning's email I received confirmation from StockPerks that my manual brokerage statement processed.  So from submission on 8/20/2024, this manual submission was processed (and I received notification of this) on 8/28/2024.  

In the text of the email, it further stated: 

Your proof of share ownership has been processed. Please go to the Stockperks app to explore and redeem your perks.

Thank you for being a Stockperks member!

Your proof of ownership was validated.

Next, I checked out the Stockperks app on my phone and looked at the Redeemed tab.  The Redeemed tab has NOT been updated - it still shows the initial time of my stock ownership submission and In Progress as the status.  Apparently, whatever caused the sending of the email did NOT update the app - at least not today.  It certainly could be the case this might resolve itself overnight if StockPerks works on a daily cycle of updates.  We shall see.  

But what is less than clear at this point is the redeeming of perks as noted in the email.  I'll give this some more time and report more later as developments warrant.

Also, I do NOT see any indication of this OBC on my HAL cruise itinerary and in conversation with a HAL representative, she noted this was not unusual either.   

Edited by bbodb1
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, ExArkie said:

I have not used the CCL shareholder request since Carnival switched to the new system - expect to do so around January for our HAL booking - but previous submissions I made required full name and address on the page(s) submitted. Since the CCL line was on page 2 or 3 of the account summary, I also had to include a copy of page 1, which was the only place my full name and address were shown. So, two pages were required out of 20 or so.

I have never provided any page but the one with my CCL holdings included out of about 15 pages of our monthly statement.  Fidelity prints the name of the account holder on each page along with the account number (which I redact).  This is true whether I emailed or faxed the info to HAL in the old days or now, using Stockperks, I use the same procedure.  But, as with everything HAL or CCL, everyone has a different experience.

5 hours ago, bbodb1 said:

So a development today - in this morning's email I received confirmation from StockPerks that my manual brokerage statement processed.  So from submission on 8/20/2024, this manual submission was processed (and I received notification of this) on 8/28/2024.  

In the text of the email, it further stated: 

Your proof of share ownership has been processed. Please go to the Stockperks app to explore and redeem your perks.

Thank you for being a Stockperks member!

Your proof of ownership was validated.

Next, I checked out the Stockperks app on my phone and looked at the Redeemed tab.  The Redeemed tab has NOT been updated - it still shows the initial time of my stock ownership submission and In Progress as the status.  Apparently, whatever caused the sending of the email did NOT update the app - at least not today.  It certainly could be the case this might resolve itself overnight if StockPerks works on a daily cycle of updates.  We shall see.  

But what is less than clear at this point is the redeeming of perks as noted in the email.  I'll give this some more time and report more later as developments warrant.

Also, I do NOT see any indication of this OBC on my HAL cruise itinerary and in conversation with a HAL representative, she noted this was not unusual either.   

I got the same notification in email about the same time as you.  I wonder if they are resetting their system at Stockperks as you should see the redeemed credits there that are applied, but it's the only place you'll find them.  Nothing in your account at the HAL website will show it that I have found.

• Like 1

Quick update to our denied stockholder OBC situation. Spouse followed up with the HAL email provided and they told him that he needed to go to stockperks. So he circled back around and asked for them to review. They awarded the OBC for our upcoming sailing.

We are cruising a transatlantic that we booked during a deal promotion and it was a very good deal. We were able to apply AARP and my teacher OBC from my memberships and my husband applied (with some effort) the stock OBC. If you initially are denied, it may be best to push back a bit as it seems that there are some decisions made on some sort of algorithm. Once a human reviewer got involved, the OBC was approved.

Here's a screenshot from the follow-up email from stockperks: image.png.3dfc83d7545888a0693bb033e7a0bd35.png

Just a data point for all those, like me, who like that sort of information. Happy cruising!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, 0bnxshs said:

I have never provided any page but the one with my CCL holdings included out of about 15 pages of our monthly statement.  Fidelity prints the name of the account holder on each page along with the account number (which I redact).  This is true whether I emailed or faxed the info to HAL in the old days or now, using Stockperks, I use the same procedure.  But, as with everything HAL or CCL, everyone has a different experience.

Different brokers, different report formats. Ours, from Raymond James, just shows the account number on all but the first page. 

• Like 1

Good morning all - a couple of events to note this morning.  Late last evening (Aug 28), I received an email from Stockperks:

Successful OBC Application to Itinerary

Dear Cruiser,

Congratulations! Your onboard credit of USD 100.0 has been successfully applied to your reservation (Booking #: xxxxxx departing on xxxx-xx-xx) on Holland America Line.

To confirm what many have said in this thread, I then logged on to my HAL account but could NOT see any evidence of the OBC while the Stockperks app on my cell phone indicated the OBC was applied on 8/28.  I let an overnight cycle of systems occur and reached out to HAL via chat this morning (8/29) and they did confirm the OBC has been applied to my account (I have kept a transcript of that chat as documentation in case of any future difficulties).  

We will have to wait until on board to use these credits (which is understandable) but I have to admit I was hoping to purchase beverage cards prior to the cruise to avoid having to deal with guest services the first day when they (guest services) will likely be swamped.  

But the bottom line is the manual submission process for requesting OBC as a CCL stockholder does work (and I would prefer the manual submission anyway so that I do not have to share/spread my log in info from my financial website to HAL).  The Android Stockperks app seemed to work well for me as well.  Hopefully, everyone needing to use this process will have a similarly seamless experience.   

• Thanks 1

For those like myself who would like to see HAL show you what OBC you have for any given booking, here's what Princess on their website will show you (but not their APP):Screenshot2024-08-30092842.thumb.jpg.594b2f2d2cd5c218abe1b6dcaf78024c.jpg

I've blotto'd out our names just to protect the innocent but they are my OBC and my DWs OBC for a 6 night cruise in December 2024.

Why HAL won't/can't do this is a mystery and has no real basis in today's data-driven world.  I guess they'd rather entertain phone calls and unhappy and confused guests because even, once on board, trying to decipher the account statement on the first day of a cruise can be frustrating.  Why line items like in the above example can't be shown seems almost deceptive, IMHO. 🤨

• Like 4