The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday August 17th, 2024

richwmn

A new neighbor on ND posted she makes cakes. I ordered one a couple weeks ago for delivery this weekend; her DH brought it over this afternoon. 

This is my cake

20240817_160755.thumb.jpg.c561ce672fa17ea83fb63d7e1a2c2f5d.jpg

Here are a few pics she posted of her work

Screenshot_20240817_184505_Gallery.thumb.jpg.7a43717fdc36a6567e0446ee73ee142f.jpg

Screenshot_20240817_184349_Gallery.thumb.jpg.f61c17ca2c6f178017935abf21accb0b.jpg

Screenshot_20240817_184442_PhotoEditor.thumb.jpg.aea6b7e0f2297e94b24f57259a6388c2.jpg

If it tastes half as pretty as it looks, I will have her make an anniversary cake for us next month. She is self taught trying to make money to help support her family.

Edited by Haljo1935
Typo
  • Like 23

@Haljo1935I'm on my over, I'll bring the coffee.  Beautiful cake!  

Thunder is non stop tonight, we had a brief rain, some strong winds earlier, but it is rumblingrumnlingrumblin down near @StLouisCruisers's area.

nscttsra.png 

•  

NOW until 10:00pm Sat

nscttsra.png

Severe T-storm Watch

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

Thunder is non stop tonight, we had a brief rain, some strong winds earlier, but it is rumblingrumnlingrumblin down near @StLouisCruisers's area.

nscttsra.png 

•  

nscttsra.png

Severe T-storm Watch

While I'm not there to experience it, I'm glad to see some rain at home.  It's been particularly dry lately there.  I sure don't see any rain in the forecast here in Frisco, TX!

• Like 9

1 hour ago, marshhawk said:

nscttsra.png 

•  

nscttsra.png

Severe T-storm Watch

Come on over - like Tom Bodett, we'll leave the light on for you!!

Drive carefully in that weather 🫣

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

While I'm not there to experience it, I'm glad to see some rain at home.  It's been particularly dry lately there.  I sure don't see any rain in the forecast here in Frisco, TX!

Unfortunately, no rain in the forecast. Last I checked, tomorrow's high is predicted to be 103-107, ugh.

• Like 6

Our rainless days streak has ended in a wild way. They predicted possible thunderstorms for Saturday evening and they were right! It's been bright and loud for a couple of hours now-and plenty of rain, but not too much. We haven't had a thunderstorm in ages.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Am very late to post today. 

Thanks for all the daily information.

A beautiful black cat lives next door to us.

@kazu   your home and garden look beautiful, thanks sharing  the link.  If  located here,  i believe that the asking price would be at least three times the listed price.    We hope you recieve a very good offer from your preferred purchasers.

@Haljo1935  those cakes look wonderful.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

On 8/17/2024 at 12:06 PM, StLouisCruisers said:

I just spoke (text) with twin and she's in pain since about 2 am.  She dealing with it the best she can and takes the meds but not as often as they are allowed.  Right now I think she should though.  She's hot and wants her hair up in a scrunchie but her DH has no idea how to do that!  She's thinking of calling a neighbor!  She must be very, very hot!🥵

thinking about her and praying for her.  Could not get internet yesterday.  Hope she is doing better today.

I have an appointment with the surgeon next Tuesday.  Not sure I want to do this.  No body to help me.

Terri

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

21 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

thinking about her and praying for her.  Could not get internet yesterday.  Hope she is doing better today.

I have an appointment with the surgeon next Tuesday.  Not sure I want to do this.  No body to help me.

Terri

Terri, ask the doctor and nursing staff what other patients with no one at home to help them, do.  There have to be resources.  Or do you have a friend nearby, or a good neighbor?  Where there's a will there's a way.

• Like 5

On 8/17/2024 at 1:46 PM, Seasick Sailor said:

@Sharon in AZ Sharon, I forgot to mention Allen's weight. He lost 2 additional pounds, but the last few weeks he's holding steady at 157. Thanks for asking. 

I’m so glad he’s holding steady. Maybe he will gain those 2 lbs back during your cruise. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Terri, ask the doctor and nursing staff what other patients with no one at home to help them, do.  There have to be resources.  Or do you have a friend nearby, or a good neighbor?  Where there's a will there's a way.

Thanks Sandi.  We’ll see what the surgeon says and if there is a less invasive procedure.

I am thinking about just living with this and making the best of it.  We will see.

I am also thinking of how we will get home from Jacksonville if I have the surgery since Jim doesn’t drive anymore. That is another problem.  

Lots to think about.

Terri

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1