Drink package prices way too

4 minutes ago, kimlet said:

, can I put money on my account so I can still get few drinks on board.

I think you mean can you pre-pay for your drinks, because putting money on your account doesn't equal free drinks.

Yes, you can purchase refundable OBC at 800-722-5443 (in the US). 

Or put a credit/debit card on your account

Or put cash on your account at Guest Services.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Or just pay as you go and settle your bill at the end of the week as usual. IMO that would be easiest.  I don't see any reason to put money in advance on your stateroom account.  Again, JMO.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Or just pay as you go and settle your bill at the end of the week as usual. IMO that would be easiest.  I don't see any reason to put money in advance on your stateroom account.  Again, JMO.

For some it is easier to come up with $100 a month and stick it on the account then it is to come up with $600 to pay the bill at the end.  I've done this exact thing with friends that travel with us that aren't great at saving/budgeting.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, kimlet said:

Being from Canada my drink package price is outrageous for our Mar/25, can I put money on my account so I can still get few drinks on board.

How much is your package?

Keep checking. I booked it for 100 dollars CAD per day. 

I just cancelled and rebooked for 93CAD.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, constable145 said:

How much is your package?

Keep checking. I booked it for 100 dollars CAD per day. 

I just cancelled and rebooked for 93CAD.

As of today it's 126.20 per day, will cost almost half our cruise for 2 people. 

Not sure if because of the ship were on but that's nuts.

Posted (edited)

You do not need to buy a package. You can link your credit card to your account and buy individual drinks.

Beers are about $7-9 USD, cocktails are around $14 USD.

Edited by Tatka
  • Like 1

On 8/18/2024 at 3:23 PM, kimlet said:

Being from Canada my drink package price is outrageous for our Mar/25, can I put money on my account so I can still get few drinks on board.

Wait and see if black friday sales in November are worthwhile.

On 8/18/2024 at 3:23 PM, kimlet said:

Yes, you can do that.  

On 8/18/2024 at 4:18 PM, leaveitallbehind said:

I agree, but some people like to have it all paid up /taken care of ahead of time.  Makes it easier for them to relax /spend onboard.  

4 hours ago, kimlet said:

No. Way.  

5 hours ago, kimlet said:

Why is it nuts if people are willing to pay the current rates for the deluxe drink package? People are obviously paying the current prices or they would be lower. Deciding to purchase the deluxe drink package is a personal choice, but it’s not fair to imply people are nuts for paying the current prices. 

1 hour ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Why is it nuts if people are willing to pay the current rates for the deluxe drink package? People are obviously paying the current prices or they would be lower. Deciding to purchase the deluxe drink package is a personal choice, but it’s not fair to imply people are nuts for paying the current prices. 

I am not implying people are nuts I am just saying that price for me in Canadian dollars is. I've never bought it before for more than 93.99 CAN. So its not nice to say that I am saying that.

7 hours ago, kimlet said:

Wouldn’t the logical and financially prudent thing to do to just go without alcohol then? If they’re going to try and fleece you (they’re assuming you think you need it on vacation to have fun) - your answer is to deny them that opportunity.

7 minutes ago, tscoffey said:

Wouldn’t the logical and financially prudent thing to do to just go without alcohol then? If they’re going to try and fleece you (they’re assuming you think you need it on vacation to have fun) - your answer is to deny them that opportunity.

Will probably go without this year. Just commenting on the prices

If the price of anything is too high don't buy it.  Long term if people stop buying something Royal will eventually lower the price.  It's high right now because so far people are buying it or they are testing new higher prices to see if sales remain strong.

Royal is extremely driven by supply and demand pricing.  High demand equates to high prices.  When they go too far and charge too much eventually they will reach a price where enough people refuse to buy it.  Only then will they find ways to make it less either with "sales" or they'll just lower the price.  Once masses start buying it again they know they have found the new market normal for that item.    

• Like 3