sticky luggage tags

johnsea

1 minute ago, johnsea said:

So received our luggage tags but taking them off the paper there is round sticky bits, how do I get this off or am I supposed to leave it?

Use your fingernail (or similar) to separate the goo from the tag; it should lift off in one piece. If there is residue, rub it with a dry cloth.

It did not come off with my thumb. I got the worst off then ended up using Goo Be Gone as the surface was still sticky. Happy & thankful to be cruising Sept 7 Alaska.

• Like 2

3 of our 4 came off fine. The last one really stretched the clear plastic from the tag. Do *not* use heat to try to help the goo come loose - it will loosen the clear plastic on the tag more than it loosens the glue dot! 

3 hours ago, Kay S said:

Is it mandatory to use these sticky tags?

It's not really a big deal. When you get yours you'll see. 

• Like 1

My issue is that they only sent a total of four for DH and I....and we usually have more than four bags to check.  And I DO know that we can just get those paper add on ones at the dock....but personally?  I would have preferred the old paper wrap on ones that also came as a sheet of 4?  As our luggage came with matching tags and we have no need of these "colorful" ones.....just my two cents.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, chloemonkey said:

My issue is that they only sent a total of four for DH and I....and we usually have more than four bags to check.  And I DO know that we can just get those paper add on ones at the dock....but personally?  I would have preferred the old paper wrap on ones that also came as a sheet of 4?  As our luggage came with matching tags and we have no need of these "colorful" ones.....just my two cents.

You take more than FOUR checked bags???? Holey moley. And this is Oceania with no formal nights. Wow.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, clo said:

You take more than FOUR checked bags???? Holey moley. And this is Oceania with no formal nights. Wow.

We are allowed 3 checked bags on the flight plus carry-ons.....and when we get to the port - choose to send one of the carry-ons along with the other luggage pieces.  Hence the "more than FOUR" bags.....I mean I LOVE doing laundry on a cruise as much as the next person....but also love having lots of options for wardrobe choices.......also - we cruise for 30+ to 60+ days......maybe that might make it more "acceptable" to you....

• Like 4

On 8/18/2024 at 10:20 PM, johnsea said:

Happy & thankful to be cruising Sept 7 Alaska.

Me too! First timers on a proper cruise and very excited. 😃.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, chloemonkey said:

.also - we cruise for 30+ to 60+ days..

We've traveled for a month at a time and we each check a not large bag 🙂

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, clo said:

We've traveled for a month at a time and we each check a not large bag 🙂

We can't all aspire to your lofty standards. 😄

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Depends on who you are, how many bags you need.  Now my SIL changes her outfit 4 times a day, I try to manage with 1 change and maybe 2.  She has shoes to match each outfit, now I have maybe 3 pairs in total with me.  My spouse and I get by with 2 larger suitcases each, except when we do an ATW, as one suitcase will be full of toiletries to last the entire cruise.

52 minutes ago, no fuss travel said:

Depends on who you are, how many bags you need.  Now my SIL changes her outfit 4 times a day, I try to manage with 1 change and maybe 2.  She has shoes to match each outfit, now I have maybe 3 pairs in total with me.  My spouse and I get by with 2 larger suitcases each, except when we do an ATW, as one suitcase will be full of toiletries to last the entire cruise.

One thing I do at home and when traveling is to change into what we laughingly call "lounge wear." We wear that pretty much every day before changing for dinner. My clothes are almost exclusively solid colors and go with each other. I wear them multiple times as I do at home. I carry two pairs of shoes, a pair comfortable for walking and a pair of black flats for other times. 

I guess my feeling is that many of you spend SO much time and answer posts ensuring people that there is NO need to dress up....that they should not worry at ALL about other people....tennis shoes for dinner are FINE.....and I agree with all of that.  But I wish that there was a "bit" of the same acceptance to those of us that want to dress up a bit more and have more outfit options....

as it surely affects NONE of you?  So not sure why the judgements......but possible just a sign of the times.....(sigh).....

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, chloemonkey said:

I guess my feeling is that many of you spend SO much time and answer posts ensuring people that there is NO need to dress up....that they should not worry at ALL about other people....tennis shoes for dinner are FINE.....and I agree with all of that.  But I wish that there was a "bit" of the same acceptance to those of us that want to dress up a bit more and have more outfit options....

as it surely affects NONE of you?  So not sure why the judgements......but possible just a sign of the times.....(sigh).....

When people ask IMO it's because they're concerned about just how dressed up they NEED to be. I posted before our first O cruise because there was a photo of people being a smidge more than "country club casual." I was reassured by the folks here. We still dressed nicely but not over the top. And honestly I don't remember seeing people aka women 🙂 who were particularly woohooooo 🙂

26 minutes ago, chloemonkey said:

The day I retired was the day I decided no more dress up. Yes I do change for dinner on the ship and I do have some dressier clothes. I live in jeans and blouses now as I don’t have to get dressed up as I live on a small island and nobody dresses up here. No one will make fun of you if you get dressed up, so do what you feel comfortable in. My niece makes more cracks about her mom than anyone else does. I just find it amusing as in the 70’s she was a hippie and I was wearing suits as I worked in an office. Times change and so do people. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just got my Oceania package in the mail today.  I thought the luggage tags were cute and an upgrade from the old ones (was on a cruise in February and we didn’t have them). I am sure they will have the old ones available at the port if you need them.  I agree it took me about 5 minutes to get all the sticky stuff off but I’m retired so have all the time in the world 😉

I do wonder why most of the conversations on the cruise websites so often go towards how to dress and what to wear.  Is it a coincidence that we don’t hear from the men??  Pants, shirt, shoes done.  If you want to bring six suitcases full of clothes, go for it!  Just one then good for you, less time unpacking.  To each his own.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1