Elite Plus Happy Hour Question

teacherman

1 hour ago, cruisestitch said:

Royal doesn’t have the same “no sharing “ rule that Celebrity has.

yup.. and oops

I missed the CAS reference in the post..so that is Royal not X! 

Those who sail with others who do not have perk staus are probably better off on Royal  for that aspect!

1 minute ago, hcat said:

yup.. and oops

I missed the CAS reference in the post..so that is Royal not X! 

Those who sail with others who do not have perk staus are probably better off on Royal  for that aspect!

Not realy, because the number of drinks is limited on Royal... unless you call sharing the 4 drinks over a day a benefit.

3 minutes ago, Miaminice said:

Not realy, because the number of drinks is limited on Royal... unless you call sharing the 4 drinks over a day a benefit.

does that include special coffee, soda etc  ?

11 minutes ago, hcat said:

You get a voucher for 4 drinks per day - and my understanding is any kind of drink. 
The point where I see the benefit ist that you can also have the drinks at a restaurant.

19 hours ago, doghog said:

No you can't and if you did that was an exception on your cruise. The Crown Lounge (old Diamond Lounge) is only for Diamond, Diamond+ and Pinnacle. We have seen the CL (DL) concierge check Seapass cards and deny those that were not D,D+ or P. As it should be! You are allowed to give your CAS drinks to whoever you want, at any other bar/lounge. 

I believe you are referring to Royal cruises. Celebrity doesn’t have a dedicated lounge on any of their ships. Drinks cannot be shared 

2 hours ago, hcat said:

woudn't  the server check your Card and limit passing off drinks to others, which is against the no sharing rule?

@cruisestitch is correct. Once the drink(s) are ordered they do not care who drinks it and it's not against the CAS policy. Like with Celebrity RC doesn't allow sharing drinks from the Beverage Package. 

13 minutes ago, awhfy said:

I believe you are referring to Royal cruises. Celebrity doesn’t have a dedicated lounge on any of their ships. Drinks cannot be shared 

Go back and read the post I quoted. Very clear that person was talking about RCs CAS and so was my response, very clear. I'm very well aware of Celebrity's CC HH drink policy and no dedicated CC lounge, fleetwide. 

45 minutes ago, Miaminice said:

Or 5 or 6 drinks daily. D=4, D+=5, P=6.

1 hour ago, awhfy said:

Last we cruised Celebrity (just recently) Celebrity had dedicated lounges for Elites and above from 5:00 - 7:00.  Sky Lounge on Solstice class, and The Club on Edge Class.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, MandL said:

Last we cruised Celebrity (just recently) Celebrity had dedicated lounges for Elites and above from 5:00 - 7:00.  Sky Lounge on Solstice class, and The Club on Edge Class.

I think you may be confusing two different things. In general the drinks are now available every night in almost every bar. In addition on a couple of nights X has reintroduced a dedicated lounge where they also serve a few snacks - on the nights this lounge is in operation you can still get the Elite drinks at all the other bars.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hcat said:

Any drink you order will come off your allowance. I believe you can decide which drinks you want to be "free" so naturally you would choose the most expensive. This is why anyone with Elite+ status who doesn't drink alcohol is much better off with X's system as they get:

Unlimited speciality teas/coffees/ chocolate in the Al Bacio plus a slightly reduced range at every other bar that has an espresso machine.

Water/sodas etc in unopened cans/bottles during Happy Hour

Fruit juices during Happy Hour - we take one each into dinner.

Lattes etc in the MDR.

Fresh fruit smoothies at the Elite breakfast - these are charged at other venues.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, MandL said:

But not every night, correct? My understanding it is now only two or three nights (depending on the length of the cruise)? Not like it use to be, every night except the first night of the cruise. We'll be on the Edge in September. 

Edited by doghog
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Midwest Sunseeker said:

How do you know what days the Elite lounge is open?

Celebrity does not have a dedicated Elite Lounge. If they have a CC HH gathering in a reserved lounge for that specific cruise it will be from 5 to 7:PM. Not every evening. Other than that the CC HH is from 5 to 7:PM every evening at most bars but not an organized CC HH event.  All that info will be in your Elite letter with all your other perks/benefits. 

Edited by doghog

3 hours ago, MandL said:

It’s not every night, only 2-3 per cruise. Royal has the dedicated 24-hr cruise