Captains Circle Benefits

lauren0309

For anyone thats a member of Captain's Circle would you have a list of the benefits. I'm Ruby Status and can't seem to find the perks other than access to the calling center. I saw months ago other perks like early embarkation, bottled water in room, special desserts  and so forth but now cant see to find the list unless they took all those benefits away.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, lauren0309 said:

For anyone thats a member of Captain's Circle would you have a list of the benefits. I'm Ruby Status and can't seem to find the perks other than access to the calling center. I saw months ago other perks like early embarkation, bottled water in room, special desserts  and so forth but now cant see to find the list unless they took all those benefits away.

That's about it for Ruby status.

Early embarkation is for Elites

Bottled water in room is for Full Suites 

Specialty desserts are an extra charge or included in Plus/Premier bundle

captains-circle-loyalty-benefits.pdf

Edited by startedwithamouse
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, lauren0309 said:

The perks you have mentioned are usually elite benefits or associated with a package

Posted (edited)

@lauren0309 actually they didn’t take away benefits necessarily for Ruby status. One has needed to complete 15 cruises or 150 days at sea for quite a long time and once you are on your 16th cruise or your 151 day at sea you have Elite perks.

What perks did they take away for Ruby?No bottled water, no early embarkation,or special desserts with Ruby status.

With elite status, you get a minibar set up which can include bottled water and the early embarkation ,but the special desserts don’t have anything to do with your Captain’s Circle status.

princess.com has this information.

Ruby Membership Benefits

Ruby status can be achieved after sailing on three Princess cruises. You may also reach this tier even sooner if you book as single occupancy or a full suite*, which earns you double cruise credits in our loyalty program. In addition to all Gold-level benefits, you can also enjoy exclusive shoreside access to the Captain’s Circle Help Desk phone line. This means you can experience an expedited phone process when contacting the Membership Desk with any questions related to Captain's Circle. Those who purchase the standard Princess Vacation Protection will also receive a complimentary upgrade to the Platinum plan, which grants you even more coverage.

Edited by arizonaperson
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, lauren0309 said:

None of those are Captain's Circle Perks for Ruby nor have they ever been.  Early embarkation is Suite, Elite and Platinum.  Bottles water in the room is 2 bottles daily if you are in a full suite.  Special desserts are part of the beverage packages.  It's still on the website.  Look under your account.  

Edited by suekel
added info

Ruby gets you this:  Princess Platinum Vacation Protection upgrade – 100% cancellation benefit – Double accident & sickness benefits – Expanded medical expenses & evacuation coverage.  If you complete one or two more cruises, you will be at Platinum level.  There is no longer early/priority boarding for any level.  Since embarkation goes so swiftly, it's not considered to be needed.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, mahasamatman said:

Incorrect. Platinum and higher get priority boarding at most ports.

I don't think that's true anymore.  Elite gets priority embarkation for tenders and priority disembarkation, but the Platinum Elite priority boarding lounge is now a thing of the past.  It really doesn't matter as embarkation for everybody is much faster than before.  Here's the current Captain Circle benefits listing from the website: 

@startedwithamouse posted the same thing in an earlier post.

captains-circle-loyalty-benefits (1).pdf

Edited by Daniel A

Posted (edited)

Under Princess.com

priority boarding is still listed. Agree, in theory is not utilized much especially if you board after “ the rush”. This might not be up to date??

Platinum Membership Benefits

A lot of travel deserves a lot of benefits. Level up your perks after completing 5 cruises or 50 cruise days with Princess. In addition to all of the benefits at the Gold and Ruby levels,  enjoy priority boarding in the cruise terminal, so you can experience your MedallionClass® vacation even quicker. When it’s time to head home, get the same deluxe treatment with access to our Disembarkation Lounge. Enjoy fresh-baked pastries and a soothing cup of tea or coffee with members of your travel party before you make your onward journey home. During your time on board, you’ll enjoy discounts off Lotus Spa® treatments and the professional photo offerings in the Photo Gallery. You’ll also be able to connect with loved ones at home with the best Wi-Fi at sea, our fast and reliable MedallionNet® internet, as Platinum members of the Captain’s Circle enjoy 50% off our MedallionNet packages. Whether you want to video chat with your family and friends, share photos on social media, or even stream your favorite shows, Princess makes it easy for our valued guests.

Elite Membership Benefits

The best of the best in benefits — meet Elite status, reserved for our most loyal guests and adventure enthusiasts. Reach our top-tier membership after completing 15 Princess cruises or sailing 150 days. In addition to all Gold, Ruby and Platinum perks, you’ll also receive benefits like early access to booking our newest itineraries and even more discounts on board, including shore excursions and in The Shops of Princess. Enjoy a complimentary mini-bar set up and on formal nights, indulge in deluxe canapés created by our talented chefs on board. Our most loyal guests also receive complimentary laundry services and shoe polishing.

Between the savings and services our guests enjoy, it’s no wonder why the Captain’s Circle is one of the best cruise loyalty programs. Set sail on your first cruise with Princess and begin your journey to Elite status today.

Yes a little different wording on Captains Circle information, imagine that for Princess.com

Rewarding your loyalty
Membership benefits of Princess Captain's Circle®
BENEFITS:
GOLD
After
completing
your first
cruise
RUBY
After
completing
3 cruises or
30 cruise days
• Captain’s Circle Launch Savings
• Early access to new itineraries
• Preferential pricing offers
• Members-only onboard events
• Access to a Circle Host on board
• Circle Center Online
• Circle Savings Account
• Exclusive shoreside access to
Captain’s Circle Help Desk phone line
• Princess Platinum Vacation
Protection upgrade
– 100% cancellation benefit
– Double accident & sickness benefits
– Expanded medical expenses &
evacuation coverage
CIRCLE MEMBERS COME FIRST!
Now all Princess Captain’s Circle®
members are eligible for a new benefit –
early access to new itineraries one week
before they go on sale to the general
public. Watch your email inbox for
notifications so you can get the cruise
and stateroom you want. And don’t
forget, you’ll also receive Captain’s Circle
Launch savings for booking early.
PLATINUM
After
completing
5 cruises or
50 cruise days
ELITE
After
completing
15 cruises or
150 cruise days
• 50% off MedallionNet® package
• Early access to dining reservations
• 10% off Lotus Spa® treatments
• 10% discount in the Photo Gallery
• Platinum and Elite Lounge
• 10% discount in The Shops of Princess
• 10% off shore excursions
• Priority ship-to-shore water
shuttle embarkation
• Complimentary Grapevine
Wine Tasting Event
• Complimentary mini-bar setup
• Deluxe canapé selection on formal nights
• Complimentary afternoon tea in stateroom
• Priority disembarkation
• Complimentary laundry services and shoe polishing

Edited by arizonaperson

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

Under Princess.com

priority boarding is still listed. Agree, in theory is not utilized much especially if you board after “ the rush”. This might not be up to date??

I'd be interested in knowing where you found that on Princess.com.  The only thing I can find now is this page :  Captain Circle : Membership Benefits (princess.com) on that page, there is a link to the PDF I cited in my response and that's right off this page and it clearly says: View the full list of benefits our guests enjoy! (PDF).  

On my last sailing out of Port Everglades last February, everybody kept walking past the area that used to be the Platinum/Elite Priority Boarding Lounge and even the chairs had been removed.  The place was empty.

As an aside, I always thought using that lounge was the best benefit I had being at the Platinum level.

Edited by Daniel A

Posted (edited)

I found it under Princess.com,then menu, then search. Typed in captains circle in search, 3rd down brought up what I cut & pasted.(Princess cruise membership benefits)

This is the first paragraph when you do search,then link to a slightly different captains circle benefits. Other benefits are listed prior to clicking link.

Set sail with Princess® and get rewarded with our cruise loyalty program, the Princess Captain’s Circle℠. Depending on the number of cruises and types of staterooms you’ve booked, you’ll reach one of four tiers: Gold, Ruby, Platinum or Elite. While most cruise line loyalty programs offer some perks for frequent travelers, Princess offers an extensive list of benefits — even for first-time guests. Learn about each membership tier and discover what makes the Captain’s Circle one of the best cruise line loyalty programs.

Edited by arizonaperson
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, mahasamatman said:

Incorrect. Platinum and higher get priority boarding at most ports.

Once you are at ports there is no priority boarding to get back to the ship

5 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

I found it under Princess.com,then menu, then search. Typed in captains circle in search, 3rd down brought up what I cut & pasted.(Princess cruise membership benefits)

I found what you are looking at.  I think that's an outdated page.  If you click on the blue "Princess Captain's Circle" in the first sentence on that page, it takes you to the pages I was referencing.  

12 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

I'd be interested in knowing where you found that on Princess.com.  The only thing I can find now is this page :  Captain Circle : Membership Benefits (princess.com) on that page, there is a link to the PDF I cited in my response and that's right off this page and it clearly says: View the full list of benefits our guests enjoy! (PDF).  

On my last sailing out of Port Everglades last February, everybody kept walking past the area that used to be the Platinum/Elite Priority Boarding Lounge and even the chairs had been removed.  The place was empty.

As an aside, I always thought using that lounge was the best benefit I had being at the Platinum level.

The elite/suite lounge only helps if you are there first thing before boarding starts there is no benefit 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

I found what you are looking at.  I think that's an outdated page.  If you click on the blue "Princess Captain's Circle" in the first sentence on that page, it takes you to the pages I was referencing.  

Yes,exactly, I agree with you,but prior to the link -the benefits are listed as well, as you see. Probably outdated,but it’s still on Princess.com. Exactly why I said imagine that. Apparently no one knows how to delete old information?? On Princess website 

I also stated probably not updated.

Edited by arizonaperson
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, lauren0309 said:

Looks like they took away the benefits I did see on the list last year for Ruby status.

not really. We've made Platinum 2 years ago after 5 cruises with Princess, and the benefits are the same for Ruby now as they were 2 years ago. We took advantage of this benefit:

• Princess Platinum Vacation Protection upgrade at the price of regular insurance.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, suekel said:

None of those are Captain's Circle Perks for Ruby nor have they ever been.  Early embarkation is Suite, Elite and Platinum.  Bottles water in the room is 2 bottles daily if you are in a full suite.  Special desserts are part of the beverage packages.  It's still on the website.  Look under your account.  

People sometimes get the Captain's Circle benefits mixed up with the package perks.  If you buy the package, you get those perks even if it's your first cruise.  

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Ellipooh said:

Frankly, the bump to increased vacation protection is not a bad deal for Ruby level pax. 

Unfortunately useless in the UK.

Edited by Mara4166