Back 2 Back cruise question

30 minutes ago, Exuma Girl said:

When doing a b2b cruise can you get off ship early and go see the sights while new cruisers are boarding? 

I wait and get my envelope with my next card and also it has a little slip that says "in transit". If you have this skip you can skip the line to reboard. 

If you can I'd wait and get off with the other b2b folks and get his.

• Like 1

I think Customer Service can give you the in-transit pass the day before debarkation. Once you have gone to the b2b lounge, received your new card, and been cleared off the ship, you can take off.  Returning to the ship, show the in-transit pass to the staff, and see what that terminal's procedure is. Some let you go in with the embarking crew, some let you get on the ship immediately, some make you wait.

If they've already started embarkation of the second cruise, you just show your in-transit pass and your seapass card and board the ship.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, neverbeenhere said:

You need to wait until regular boarding starts to re-embark the ship. Even with the Transit Pass.

Error

Edited by c-leg5

The nuances of how the B2B is handled varies from ship to ship and itinerary (and probably even cruise to cruise on the same itinerary).  But generally, yes, the OP should have the option to go into port and explore on turnaround day.  The timing for getting off the ship will vary based upon the B2B procedures put in place for the cruises.  The OP will find out those details during the first cruise.  Usually about 2 days prior to the end of the cruise.  I've been on a few Royal B2Bs and the procedure has been slightly different on each one.

When I did a B2B on Harmony.  I got off the ship to restock a few supplies from the Walmart in Galveston while DW stayed on the ship.  I had to wait until they had cleared the ship so I could get an "in transit" pass.  When I returned I was able to walk past all the other guests queuing for the embarkation and walk strait onto the ship.  

9 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

Error

Has there been a change? We've always been told to wait when we've returned to the ship prior to embarkation times starting.

Celebrity cruises used to allow us to enter through the crew entrance, but we've never been afforded that opportunity on Royal.

38 minutes ago, neverbeenhere said:

Has there been a change? We've always been told to wait when we've returned to the ship prior to embarkation times starting.

Celebrity cruises used to allow us to enter through the crew entrance, but we've never been afforded that opportunity on Royal.

No, sorry I answered too quickly, which was why I deleted. 

You have to wait to return but unless you are quickly exiting to pick up something you wouldn’t get much sightseeing done in the short time before re boarding starts.

I was really meaning in our experience you haven’t had to wait in lounge with B2B  cruisers to EXIT. We have got off with regular passengers and have had others on tours with us another time that had done the same in another port.

We did it some years ago. The second example was more recent but still pre-Covid. I think with new rules and regulations I would check on board these days that this was still OK but it does mean you can get a full day sightseeing instead of a delayed start. It may depend on the port or country.