Live: Harmony of the Seas Western Caribbean Aug 25

2 minutes ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

If you're a Billy Joel and/or Elton John fan, keep an eye on the compass.  The piano player in the Schooner bar does a couple of tribute shows to the two, and does an amazing job!

I love Elton John! On the flight over, I watched Rocketman (for the millionth time)

• Like 2

We decided in a place DS had chosen for dinner -Stuttgarden. Close to the hotel, so that was a bonus. The beer was outstanding- I got the coconut Hefeweizen and it was SO good! Our server was great at the beginning, but then it got busy and things fell apart. He took my order for a second beer when I was half way through my food. It finally came to me 15 minutes after I was done eating, with no head (obviously sat waiting at the bar for a while). Then I got the bill but we waited a further 20 minutes until he came back to get my card to pay. And then, after all that, the computer automatically added a 20% gratuity!!! I mean, I generally automatically tip 20% anyway, but this made me a little mad as the service was definitely not worthy of the tip!

IMG_4480.jpeg

IMG_4481.jpeg

IMG_4482.jpeg

IMG_4483.jpeg

IMG_4484.jpeg

IMG_4485.jpeg

IMG_4486.jpeg

IMG_4487.jpeg

IMG_4488.jpeg

IMG_4490.jpeg

• Like 15

Well, we walked 11,500 steps today in 102 degree heat. We had a fantastic day and thoroughly enjoyed Galveston. Now we are finally back at the hotel, getting showered and packed and ready for cruise day tomorrow!

• Like 23

So Tracey, will you be spritzing yourself with Aud de Puma again for this cruise? If I recall your scent had alot of success with the younger set on one or two of your previous cruises. 😁

• Haha 10

5 minutes ago, atanac said:

So Tracey, will you be spritzing yourself with Aud de Puma again for this cruise? If I recall your scent had alot of success with the younger set on one or two of your previous cruises. 😁

So what did you decide? Inquiring minds would like to know. 😂

• Haha 1

I was up early this morning - too excited to sleep. I got a jump start on showering and packing while the kids slept. We grabbed some bagels and coffee from the free breakfast and came back to the room to eat. I had a little snafu as the front desk double charged us for the shuttle to port. They promised to refund the second charge, but didn’t give me a new print out. It was busy down there so I didn’t want to hold stuff up, but not really sure how to deal with it now. It’s only $20, but if I pay that extra then I could just have got a private shuttle for less! 🤣

We will head out in about half an hour and, hopefully, next time you hear from me we will be at the port and waiting to board!

• Like 12

25 minutes ago, atanac said:

20 minutes ago, Cscomedygrl said:

So what did you decide? Inquiring minds would like to know. 😂

That scent is most definitely reserved for when I sail solo - I did ask DD if she would be ok with me finding a rich, Texan baby daddy. Her eyes rolled so far back in her head that I could see the whites!

• Like 2
  • Haha 23

Ditto of the four above!

(Well see happens when you step away for what you think is just a few minutes? sigh)

Edited by AmyJA
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hands down easiest boarding process ever!

Reggie the shuttle driver picked us up at 10:15am. It was a 10 minute drive (25 minutes to walk but no sidewalks, per Reggie). 
At 10:35am we entered the terminal and it “looked” chaotic. People everywhere. However, it was really organized with LOTS of staff directing folks. We got our sea pass on our cell scanned, walked through security, and into the huge holding area by 10:45am. 
They were already boarding so we walked straight on!

One aspect I don’t love- no cruise cards until rooms are ready. How do I get a drink???

IMG_4499.jpeg

IMG_4500.jpeg

IMG_4509.jpeg

IMG_4515.jpeg

IMG_4516.jpeg

IMG_4517.jpeg

IMG_4518.jpeg

IMG_4519.jpeg

• Like 15

Walking around to try and get my bearings. It’s hard. I feel like a new cruiser. 

Managed to find muster - ours is at the aqua theatre. Also managed to find that famous sandwich- Royal Kummelweck. Of course, I had to try it…

IMG_4522.jpeg

IMG_4523.jpeg

IMG_4524.jpeg

IMG_4525.jpeg

IMG_4528.jpeg

IMG_4530.jpeg

IMG_4531.jpeg

IMG_4532.jpeg

IMG_4533.jpeg

IMG_4534.jpeg

IMG_4536.jpeg

IMG_4537.jpeg

IMG_4540.jpeg

• Like 18

Figured out the drink situation. I asked another passenger how she ordered a drink without a cruise card. She told me she had her card as she was in a suite but I could just give my name and room number! 

Drink 1 - Texas Iced Tea (that one was STRONG)!

Drink 2 - Caribbean Myle - delicious!

I’m doing my usual practice of tipping $1 cash for each drink but seem to be the only one and the bartenders both times seemed like they weren’t sure what it was for. Is this not a thing on RC?

IMG_4541.jpeg

IMG_4558.jpeg

• Like 12

Walking…checked out the teen area. DD found a bunch of teens she had been messaging with pre cruise so I fear I may not see her again until bedtime!

IMG_4543.jpeg

IMG_4544.jpeg

IMG_4546.jpeg

IMG_4548.jpeg

IMG_4549.jpeg

IMG_4550.jpeg

IMG_4551.jpeg

IMG_4552.jpeg

IMG_4553.jpeg

IMG_4554.jpeg

IMG_4555.jpeg

IMG_4556.jpeg

IMG_4557.jpeg

• Like 18

First impressions (I’m not going to lie, in some ways I’m hoping we think this cruise is just “ok” as if we fall in love and want to sail this line regularly, this is a lot more $$$ than we are used to).

Embarkation/Boarding : 10/10 After almost 40 cruises among various lines, this was the first one where I kept moving and had zero lines and zero wait.

The Ship: Too early to give it a mark, but it’s HUGE! The biggest ship we’ve sailed in NCL Bliss. I’m not sure of size comparison but this one seems a lot bigger. I don’t think we’ve even seen a third of it and had to take a break (well, I needed alcohol). Interestingly, the only area that has felt crowded so far is deck 5 where you board. It’s a beautiful lady for sure!

The Cards: 0/10 I don’t like not having my cruise card. I can’t explain why, but psychologically I feel like my vacation can’t start until I get it! Soon…

The Drinks: 10/10. We are in Galveston so limited drink menu. As per tradition, DS chooses my drinks. The Texas Iced Tea was off the charts strong. I kept watching him pour the alcohol and was thinking…you can stop now! The Caribbean Mule was delicious, though less potent!

The Food: 10/10 As a buffet hater, I sought out alternative options. Park Cafe was on our radar and that beef sandwich. YUM. @YVRteacher you would love this place - salads and grab n go with lots of veggie options. I also checked out mini bites and most definitely plan on some guacamole later!

The “meh” factor is not yet coming through. I may be doomed!

• Like 19
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

The SetSail pass on your phone or cabin number. 

Thank you!

Do they make an announcement when rooms are ready, or can we just go down at 1pm?