If you have the Premium Drink Package....

stvntra

Can you have your room attendant fill your refrigerator with drinks once on board, including water bottles? I wasn't sure how that worked.  Otherwise, I assume you ask them to remove everything from your fridge so you can place your own drinks in there instead?  🍷

Anything that you consume from minifridge, you will be charged for regardless if you have a package or not. We usually ask room attendant to remove all out of the fridge, so we can store whatever we want..

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

You can ask the attendant to empty the fridge and you can place your own water, soda, etc., as you get it on board.  But as mentioned previously you are responsible for paying for anything consumed from the fridge.  They will not stock anything for you as since they are not part of the bartending staff they cannot get it for you.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, RTShaker said:

Anything you want in your fridge will have to be picked up by you. The mini bar service is not included with the premium package.

That was my thought too, but I was just wanting clarification before asking them to do so.  Thank you! 🙂

4 minutes ago, stvntra said:

That was my thought too, but I was just wanting clarification before asking them to do so.  Thank you! 🙂

You never said HOW you came by the Premium Drink package.  If it is because you purchased it separately, all of the above is correct.  If it came with your cabin class - Sky Suite and above - the rules are different, and become more different yet from Royal Suite and above.

3 minutes ago, ISABELLA said:

Anything that you consume from minifridge, you will be charged for regardless if you have a package or not. We usually ask room attendant to remove all out of the fridge, so we can store whatever we want..

Thank you - that was exactly how I thought it would be but wasn't 100% sure.  🙂

1 minute ago, canderson said:

You never said HOW you came by the Premium Drink package.  If it is because you purchased it separately, all of the above is correct.  If it came with your cabin class - Sky Suite and above - the rules are different, and become more different yet from Royal Suite and above.

understood.  I purchased it separately.  

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

You can ask the attendant to empty the fridge and you can place your own water, soda, etc., as you get it on board.  But as mentioned previously you are responsible for paying for anything consumed from the fridge.  They will not stock anything for you as since they are not part of the bartending staff they cannot get it for you.

Thank you! That is what we normally do on other ships, but again, I wasn't sure if it worked the same way on this ship as well since we have the premium package and we never purchase that. 

Edited by stvntra
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, stvntra said:

Thank you! That is what we normally do on other ships, but again, I wasn't sure if it worked the same way on this ship as well since we have the premium package and we never purchase that. 

It works the same way on all Celebrity ships , Flora maybe different 

22 minutes ago, cruisegus said:

Most other cruise lines I have sailed NO Longer stock the cooler/fridge.

Am I to understand that Celebrity still does?

It was on our June cruise.  Not with alcohol, just with water and sodas.

Posted (edited)

Be careful, Celebrity are all too often charging people for falsely taking drinks from the fridge.  Especially after you have left the ship, you get a text invoice.  

We refused to give them a credit card on our onboard account but still received a bill on a previously registered credit card over 18 month previous.  They say they don't store card details which is an obvious lie, so I say again be careful. DON'T TRUST Celebrity...!

Edited by mickey89
  • Like 1

I tell the steward to lock our refrigerator.  Than I bring a small collapsible cooler & have them put ice in it everyday & put my drinks in it from the premium package. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Super easy to request the room steward to empty out the "fridge" of all beverages upon first meeting them. Our family had two rooms our last cruise and we requested him to empty both fridges and to split the beds in the room our kids were in. Both were done within a few hours.

Emptying the "fridge" on day 1 avoids any issues w/ surprise charges, allows us to store any waters or other drinks we collected as part of our drink packages, and we would only have to ask for ice if we wanted to put it into our beverages in the room. 🙂

Edited by minniemouse427
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, mickey89 said:

Be careful, Celebrity are all too often charging people for falsely taking drinks from the fridge.  Especially after you have left the ship, you get a text invoice.  

We refused to give them a credit card on our onboard account but still received a bill on a previously registered credit card over 18 month previous.  They say they don't store card details which is an obvious lie, so I say again be careful. DON'T TRUST Celebrity...!

Your experience is not the norm..

• Like 3

18 hours ago, stvntra said:

Can you have your room attendant fill your refrigerator with drinks once on board, including water bottles? I wasn't sure how that worked.  Otherwise, I assume you ask them to remove everything from your fridge so you can place your own drinks in there instead?  🍷

If in a suite they Will normally stock , some suites gets fridge stocked daily with whatever beer, water and soda you want .

5 hours ago, mickey89 said:

Thanks for the information.  I will definitely take that into account and make sure I keep photos or something. 

3 hours ago, catspaw1 said:

I tell the steward to lock our refrigerator.  Than I bring a small collapsible cooler & have them put ice in it everyday & put my drinks in it from the premium package. 

Great idea! I will look at doing that - easy enough for sure and they can't say we drank from them if there is a photo of the lock on it! 🙂

1 hour ago, George C said:

If in a suite they Will normally stock , some suites gets fridge stocked daily with whatever beer, water and soda you want .

Not in a suite for sure but thank you for the info! Good information to have as well for future use.  On another note - are those drinks in suites included with the suite price? May pay to upgrade to the suite and cancel the premium package instead?

Just now, stvntra said:

Not in a suite for sure but thank you for the info! Good information to have as well for future use.  On another note - are those drinks in suites included with the suite price? May pay to upgrade to the suite and cancel the premium package instead?

Lots of times drink package is bundled in suite price , most of the time. If you do a move up and didn’t have a drink package you will not have it , but suites always have free drinks including doubles in indoor retreat. 

24 minutes ago, George C said:

Lots of times drink package is bundled in suite price , most of the time. If you do a move up and didn’t have a drink package you will not have it , but suites always have free drinks including doubles in indoor retreat. 

That's amazing news! Thank you.  I will weigh the pros and cons (i.e. $$$) and see which comes out cheaper overall. 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stvntra said:

Great idea! I will look at doing that - easy enough for sure and they can't say we drank from them if there is a photo of the lock on it! 🙂

Even easier to have them empty it on embarkation day and use the fridge during the cruise. Simple enough to document the empty fridge with a time stamped photo if you feel it necessary (we didn't need it).