Cancellation of round Australia Crown Princess Nov 2025

Just got notified that the circumnavigation on Crown Princess for November 2025 has been cancelled due to dry dock changes.  It now appears that it will leave on September 26th instead and be 24 nights - not 28 nights.  Further details on 15th September.  $200 OBC as compensation.  No details as to whether it will pick up in Melb/Adel/Perth as was the original itinerary.

Numerous Crown Princess 2025 - 2026 crusies have been cancelled this afternoon stating Dry dock schedule issues.

I was booked Dec 21st - Jan 4th Fiji Christmas Cruise.

Time to start planning again

• Like 3

So its changing from November to September? or just a typo.

We loved our 28 days circumnavigation after covid finished. but a two month change at this stage would be very difficult to adjust for some people.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

So its changing from November to September? or just a typo.

We loved our 28 days circumnavigation after covid finished. but a two month change at this stage would be very difficult to adjust for some people.

The way I read it they will be moving the dry docking from September to be in November and therefore bringing November cruises forward and pushing the Decembers later.

Edited by Ondine
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hmm. Interesting to push it back from a quieter month to the back of the shoulder season. 

Currently, the Crown itineraries are unavailable from some time in November (all a bit of a jumble) through till 2nd February, so must be much more than just the drydock.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ondine said:

The way I read it they will be moving the dry docking from September to be in November and therefore bringing November cruises forward and pushing the Decembers later.

Correct. We were booked Sydney to Singapore departing 26 September. Drydock has been moved later so the Sydney to Singapore now departs 11 November 2025.  We get $200 obc per person and a air credit of $300 to use for EZAir for the flights according to the email we received.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

We booked the Fremantle to Sydney 10th Dec 2025, 11 days. Got the email today that says the Crown Princess is going into dry dock. The link in the email doesn't work. Rang Princess who advised another ship will be taking its' place, and info should be available around mid-September.  A new notification with a workable link will be re sent with details.

I think I should fess up.................that's three cruises we have booked this year that have been "cancelled" could be our fault. 🤣

Edited by dizzy1948
  • Like 1
  • Haha 8

20 minutes ago, dizzy1948 said:

We booked the Fremantle to Sydney 10th Dec 2025, 11 days. Got the email today that says the Crown Princess is going into dry dock. The link in the email doesn't work. Rang Princess who advised another ship will be taking its' place, and info should be available around mid-September.  A new notification with a workable link will be re sent with details.

I think I should fess up.................that's three cruises we have booked this year that have been "cancelled" could be our fault. 🤣

Our link doesn’t work because it is over 2 lines and the link only tries to access the first part of the address. If you manually type in the whole internet address given, then you should be able to access the information about your replacement cruise.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Relaxing Robbies said:

Our link doesn’t work because it is over 2 lines and the link only tries to access the first part of the address. If you manually type in the whole internet address given, then you should be able to access the information about your replacement cruise.

Edited by dizzy1948

Dec 21st - Jan 4th Syndey to Brisbane CHristmas/New Year cruise cancelled, no option of being rebooked to another cruise unlike some of the earlier cruises. 
Looks like whole 2025/26 season in jeopardy??

5 minutes ago, dizzy1948 said:

Sorry about this - no idea what I'm doing in relation to replying to you. Thank you for the tip - I have got the info via the link. Moved us up to September 2025. "Similar Itinerary" (whatever that means.) They will let us know the itinerary by September 15th.

Thanks again for the tip

5 minutes ago, dizzy1948 said:

I wonder if there is more dry dock work needed than they could fit into the original booking? And maybe the new booking period was the only available slot for the amount of time needed?

Another possibility is the dry dock company forced the change.

Either way it might be another nail in the Princess coffin from the Australian perspective. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

What is with Princess Cruises?  Back in late April I booked Grand Princess for back-to-back cruises from Sydney to Brisbane, and the whole thing was  (it seemed) cancelled within days!  Just not happening.  And now this one.  Was Crown Princess the replacement for Grand Princess?  I don't really like Princess and only booked because I wanted to end up in Brisbane to stay with a friend.  I then booked Celebrity Edge instead.

Edited by Port Power

38 minutes ago, Port Power said:

What is with Princess Cruises?  Back in late April I booked Grand Princess for back-to-back cruises from Sydney to Brisbane, and the whole thing was  (it seemed) cancelled within days!  Just not happening.  And now this one.  Was Crown Princess the replacement for Grand Princess?  I don't really like Princess and only booked because I wanted to end up in Brisbane to stay with a friend.  I then booked Celebrity Edge instead.

Mostly.

Crown's schedule was altered from Sydney to Brisbane to pick-up a handful of Grand's cancelled cruises, but not all. The Brisbane season became a month or so shorter when the Crown itineraries were released (from 21st December 2025 till 18th March 2026).

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I wonder if there is more dry dock work needed than they could fit into the original booking? And maybe the new booking period was the only available slot for the amount of time needed?

Another possibility is the dry dock company forced the change.

Either way it might be another nail in the Princess coffin from the Australian perspective. 

Yes, it is likely that the dates didn't fit, especially if they wanted extra days in the graving dock. On a dollar sense, if they can get an extra couple of months between each of their drydocks, they will save a packet. If it is genuinely just for drydock reasons, fair enough, but it also looks like a bit of tweaking of some undersold itineraries being thrown into the mix. It looks like they are canning Dec/Jan Brisbane cruises on Crown for an even shorter season.

Yes, an annoyance, but more than a years notice. $200 OBC is also pithy, but even that is generous compo compared to Virgin and others. That is the downside to them putting-out their itineraries so far ahead. Cancelling a Christmas holiday cruise is a mess, but I am sure there will be plenty of cabins available on the Carnivalised P&O ships. Perhaps that is part of their plan 😉

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Schlugs said:

Just got notified also for the Dec/Jan Crown cruise, also due to dry dock maintenance. 😞

2 hours ago, Essence08 said:

Dec 21st - Jan 4th Syndey to Brisbane CHristmas/New Year cruise cancelled, no option of being rebooked to another cruise unlike some of the earlier cruises. 
Looks like whole 2025/26 season in jeopardy??

Interesting they gave that reason. Originally 21st December 2025 was a Sydney based cruise that was relocated for a Brisbane season. Then it became a 3 nighter, followed by a Pacific cruise out of Brisbane on 24rd December.

Well, people have a right to be miffed at this. This is well after the drydock has been completed, and Crown Princess now has bookings in Sydney again during January 2026:

6th January

14th January

20th January.

Don't tear-up your tickets and keep an eye on the possibility of your cancelled cruise being replaced with an altered dual-ported Syd/Bris cruise. In addition to those Sydney dates, Brisbane still has Crown Princess listed for 24th December, 4th January, 12th January, 22nd January. They have mentioned an update will be provided in a few weeks - perhaps a rebook option will be available then.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@arxcards
Yes when I first booked it was round trip from Sydney - then the end port was changed to Brisbane and it looked to be the two separate sailings.

Looking at various booking sites there seems to be nothing for Crown From September 2025 - end December 2025.

Currently looking further afield - tempted by a few Christmas sailings from Singapore but obviously need ot factor in international airfares for 4 people to the cruise price. 

As you said, it all seems very odd to have no bookings for 4 months, so will keep an eye on it

Hello,

we have a B2B2B from Jan 12th, for 3 legs. So far we have received a cancellation for the first leg, and they are giving us a choice leaving Jan 7th.

really not happy with the situation. 

We are suppose to get more news by Sept 15 th. Stay tuned.

8 hours ago, Essence08 said:

@arxcards
Yes when I first booked it was round trip from Sydney - then the end port was changed to Brisbane and it looked to be the two separate sailings.

Looking at various booking sites there seems to be nothing for Crown From September 2025 - end December 2025.

Currently looking further afield - tempted by a few Christmas sailings from Singapore but obviously need ot factor in international airfares for 4 people to the cruise price. 

As you said, it all seems very odd to have no bookings for 4 months, so will keep an eye on it

Princess website has blocked out everything from the return of the WC into Sydney on 26th September, through till 22nd January. That one is still listed, but with no pricing available. Some of these could be just on hold to allow existing customers to swap over.

With such a void, I am mostly interested in new dates appearing in the port schedules, and the number of days between. From Sydney,

26th September 2025 - 28 nights (around Oz?)

24th October - 11 nights (guessing Islands, as there are no matching QLD dates)

4th November - 7 nights (presuming Tassie, as she is also booked in Eden for 10th Nov)

11th November - off to drydock. There would have been enough days for Crown to get back to Brisbane for 24th December to resume her existing schedule, but it looks like they are doing a longer docking. On her return, she is showing as Darwin (26th Dec), Port Douglas (30th Dec), Cairns (31st Dec), Brisbane (4th Jan), Sydney (6th Jan). So, I guess anyone looking for Christmas/New Year on Crown will need to start looking for flights to Singapore.

She still holds a date for Sydney on 21st December, but that was an existing booking that should disappear. The 6th January date in Sydney is definitely new though and fits with the other port dates. My earlier mention of 14th January is a red herring - that is a booking for Newcastle.

If I were to start a rumour, it could be that the original September drydock date is being taken by Pacific Adventure to be converted back into Golden Princess.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

6 minutes ago, arxcards said:

If I were to start a rumour, it could be that the original September drydock date is being taken by Pacific Adventure to be converted back into Golden Princess.

That did make me laugh! I did love the Golden though.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Tranquility Base said:

Do you know what date it arrives in Singapore ?

It's not showing on the website.

The information so far is that it is an 18 night Asia and Australia cruise, itinerary to be confirmed to us in September. I guess it arrives in Singapore 30 November for its new drydock dates.

• Thanks 1

Just on a side note, while digging away, it appears we will have Royal Princess back in 2026/27 instead of Discovery. She looks to be the only ship joining Crown Princess for the season, and it appears Crown will be in Brisbane for Christmas through to March.