Which cruise lines have 1-bedroom suites or staterooms with an actual door?

Shadow9612

I love the Celebrity Suite on M Class and S Class since it has a bedroom with an actual door.  The 'living room' has a sofa bed option.    (I believe so do the upper suites on these ships). 

Do you know of any other cruise line staterooms or suites which offer something similar ?

Trying to find a similar private and quiet setup (instead of staterooms with just a sliding partition or just an opening to the room) for non-related traveling people to share a stateroom...

Thank you for any help...

Crown loft would be good not sure about the door but the main bedroom is on upper floor , downstairs is a sofa bed both floors have separate bathrooms, I hate stairs s never booked them , this is only on oasis class and newer , also all ships have a two bedroom grand suite.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Shadow9612 said:

I love the Celebrity Suite on M Class and S Class since it has a bedroom with an actual door.  The 'living room' has a sofa bed option.    (I believe so do the upper suites on these ships). 

Do you know of any other cruise line staterooms or suites which offer something similar ?

Trying to find a similar private and quiet setup (instead of staterooms with just a sliding partition or just an opening to the room) for non-related traveling people to share a stateroom...

You are correct higher suites on Celebrity do have a closed door for RS, PH…I think the Edge Villa may be more open plan…

On RC we found the Oasis class Aqua Suites offered the two room set up you are looking for. However, if I remember correctly the bathroom could only be accessed via the bedroom so not ideal. The Jack and Jill bathroom being preferable in Celebrity’s CS on S class.

RS Royal Suite and Loft Suite and Crown Loft suite, if I remember rightly on RC are on two levels but ‘open plan’ on Oasis class.

On Freedom class the Royal Suite definitely meets your criteria. The  Royal family Suite may meet your criteria too as may the 2 room Grand suite. Lower suites have curtains.

That is the limit of my expertise!

Edited by chemmo
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, chemmo said:

You are correct higher suites on Celebrity do have a closed door for RS, PH…I think the Edge Villa may be more open plan…

On RC we found the Oasis class Aqua Suites offered the two room set up you are looking for. However, if I remember correctly the bathroom could only be accessed via the bedroom so not ideal. The Jack and Jill bathroom being preferable in Celebrity’s CS on S class.

RS Royal Suite and Loft Suite and Crown Loft suite, if I remember rightly on RC are on two levels but ‘open plan’ on Oasis class.

On Freedom class the Royal Suite definitely meets your criteria. The  Royal family Suite may meet your criteria too as may the 2 room Grand suite. Lower suites have curtains.

That is the limit of my expertise!

Thank you so much for your comments and feedback. I always enjoy reading your posts and appreciate your knowledge. 

I love the Celebrity experience so much, that I hadn't even  looked at Royal 🤦‍♂️

I'll check those out.

Thank you!

1 hour ago, George C said:

Crown loft would be good not sure about the door but the main bedroom is on upper floor , downstairs is a sofa bed both floors have separate bathrooms, I hate stairs s never booked them , this is only on oasis class and newer , also all ships have a two bedroom grand suite.

I hear you, re: the stairs.  Thank you.  

• Like 1

The 2-bedroom Grand Suites on any Oasis class ship would fit the bill. 

Beat room we ever had was the 4-bedroom Villa Suite on Harmony of the

Seas. Symphony of the Seas also has one. Those are the only two. Need a lot of friends and family though. Min of 8, max 14.

If you can be lucky enough to get one of the two-bedroom Grand Suites on Oasis on deck 22, they have a hot tub on the balcony. Allure might also. 

3 hours ago, Shadow9612 said:

Thank you so much for your comments and feedback. I always enjoy reading your posts and appreciate your knowledge. 

I love the Celebrity experience so much, that I hadn't even  looked at Royal 🤦‍♂️

I'll check those out.

Thank you!

Thank you…Are you wanting a change from Celebrity or just looking at other options? I simply ask as while the pricing for suites on E class are (in my opinion) high on S class I think they are presently ‘reasonable’ especially in the Caribbean. We have recently booked the RS on Reflection for what we consider a good price for a 10 night cruise. We may not have the bells and whistles of the newest ship on the ocean but we don’t care. We have booked a fabulous room that suits our family at a pricing level we are comfortable with…

Remember, while considering the room lay out you require not to forget to look at the bigger picture of the full experience. We cruised RC quite a lot when our son was young but I now would make compromises to stay with Celebrity vs RC for the ‘full suite experience’,

4 hours ago, mickeysgal said:

Try googling for stateroom videos - NCL Haven penthouse one bedroom suites.  I believe this type has a real door

This is good advice…Whilst many of us are knowledgeable about 1/2 cruise lines there are more we know little about. It may be worth your while to do some real YouTube research…If, as a group, you list your priorities then you should be able to quickly rule out some suites and see what is left. For example, we rate the S class RS over the M class RS because there is that second toilet and sink which offers greater privacy at night and takes a bit of pressure off getting ready for the evening…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Shadow9612 said:

Silversea, Oceania and Azamara have the separate bedroom.  Ofc, for all of these it's not the entry level rooms but the upper level suites (and each line uses a different name for them.)

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

The 2-bedroom Grand Suites on any Oasis class ship would fit the bill. 

Beat room we ever had was the 4-bedroom Villa Suite on Harmony of the

Seas. Symphony of the Seas also has one. Those are the only two. Need a lot of friends and family though. Min of 8, max 14.

If you can be lucky enough to get one of the two-bedroom Grand Suites on Oasis on deck 22, they have a hot tub on the balcony. Allure might also. 

There are 2 BR Grand Suites on Freedom Class too.  We have reserved on on Indy next year.

• Like 2

I was under the impression that all cruise lines had top-tier suites with separate rooms closed off with actual doors. I was also under the impression that no cruise line had such as an entry-level suite. 

17 hours ago, chemmo said:

Are you wanting a change from Celebrity or just looking at other options? I simply ask as while the pricing for suites on E class are (in my opinion) high on S class I think they are presently ‘reasonable’ especially in the Caribbean.

@chemmo  To be honest, I love Celebrity. 

It just feels like the pricing keeps going higher.  I've only sailed in a suite a few times (obviously now so hard to go back to non-suite 🙂).  

I've chosen the CS because of the bedroom, but the price jump from a lower suite seemed quite high when not really getting much more benefits (the separate room was key - so I guess there is a premium on that - understandably so).  I was in a RS once due to a successful move up bid and loved it, but the cost is a bit steep for me right now for a regular booking.  I am not travelling with a family of 4 to justify the extra cost.

{Sadly, I had a RS booked on Infinity to Israel and Egypt in 2026 that I just cancelled due to an itinerary change from X removing Israel and Egypt}.

Perhaps naive of me to think I could find a 1 bedroom at more reasonable pricing than Celebrity, but that's why I threw the question out for others to chime in on.  🙂

So, by no means am I complaining about X... Just wishing their suites were more affordable 😉.

I'm going on the Beyond in 2025 (first time on E class) but had to go with a Sky Suite so no separate bedroom (even that pricing is very high imo). 

Also, I was under the impression (maybe false) that the CS on E class don't have an actual door, but just a sliding panel....so the huge price jump to that wouldn't be as worth it to my situation.

Thank you for all of your input 🙏

1 hour ago, Shadow9612 said:

It just feels like the pricing keeps going higher.  I've only sailed in a suite a few times (obviously now so hard to go back to non-suite 🙂).  

I've chosen the CS because of the bedroom, but the price jump from a lower suite seemed quite high when not really getting much more benefits (the separate room was key - so I guess there is a premium on that - understandably so).  I was in a RS once due to a successful move up bid and loved it, but the cost is a bit steep for me right now for a regular booking.  I am not travelling with a family of 4 to justify the extra cost.

{Sadly, I had a RS booked on Infinity to Israel and Egypt in 2026 that I just cancelled due to an itinerary change from X removing Israel and Egypt}.

Perhaps naive of me to think I could find a 1 bedroom at more reasonable pricing than Celebrity, but that's why I threw the question out for others to chime in on.  🙂

So, by no means am I complaining about X... Just wishing their suites were more affordable 😉.

I'm going on the Beyond in 2025 (first time on E class) but had to go with a Sky Suite so no separate bedroom (even that pricing is very high imo). 

Also, I was under the impression (maybe false) that the CS on E class don't have an actual door, but just a sliding panel....so the huge price jump to that wouldn't be as worth it to my situation.

We were on Edge in a CS.  It had an enclosed bedroom.  One solid door to the bathroom.  And one sliding panel (translucent) door to the rest of the cabin.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

We were on Edge in a CS.  It had an enclosed bedroom.  One solid door to the bathroom.  And one sliding panel (translucent) door to the rest of the cabin.

Thank you @TeeRick -  how was the sound blocking of the sliding door - could someone sleep in the bedroom with another person watching tv in the 'living room?'

2 hours ago, Shadow9612 said:

Totally understand what you are saying…We have cruised CS on S class and didn’t particularly like it as we tended to be awake in the enclosed bedroom when our son was still asleep in the lounge….Also as a petite person I found the bath quite hard…We soon moved to RS on S class and found them to be our ‘sweet spot’. Many cruises in this category. As you say the CS doesn’t have any ‘value added’ above a Sky Suite, the perk jump is definitely RS and above.

The E class (not cruised on it just seen reviews, and received information from posters we trust) has floored us as the RS has a pathetic balcony, the PH is really expensive and the balcony has an overhang, the Edge Villa has steps and is to some degree is open plan and the price of the iconic is simply beyond our budget…

All I can suggest is you are as flexible as possible with your timings and itinerary to secure a suite you want at a price you are comfortable with.

Next year we have booked on a ten night Reflection cruise…Out of the busiest time and we are very happy with the price of the suite we have secured bearing in mind the value added of the perks included…No we don’t have a suite deck and the Retreat lounge is still Michael’s Club but we have a lovely room, unlimited dining…It all depends on where your individual priorities lie…

Sincere best wishes that you can find a room and a cruise that will suit you…

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Shadow9612 said:

Thank you @TeeRick -  how was the sound blocking of the sliding door - could someone sleep in the bedroom with another person watching tv in the 'living room?'

I can't answer since we never did that.  But I think the sliding door had a sliding curtain to block the light.  My dw is very sensitive to light when sleeping.  BTW there is a TV in the bedroom too.  As for your balcony comment, the Edge CS had a real balcony.  But it was pretty narrow.  

Edited by TeeRick
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, TeeRick said:

The CS on the Apex had the door BUT it was open at the top of the ceiling! Not ideal for sound isolation. The S class ship CS has an enclosed all the way bedroom

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, lizinindy said:

The CS on the Apex had the door BUT it was open at the top of the ceiling! Not ideal for sound isolation. The S class ship CS has an enclosed all the way bedroom

Thank you for confirming this. ..

On 8/22/2024 at 2:47 PM, chemmo said:

All I can suggest is you are as flexible as possible with your timings and itinerary to secure a suite you want at a price you are comfortable with.

I definitely agree with the concept of booking at a price that is comfortable...

Would you be able to comment on what range of costs you have seen a royal suite go for  on an S class or M class ship (eg  $/per person/per night?). 

4 hours ago, Shadow9612 said:

I definitely agree with the concept of booking at a price that is comfortable...

Would you be able to comment on what range of costs you have seen a royal suite go for  on an S class or M class ship (eg  $/per person/per night?). 

Historically we have priced up for three guests so a bit different as the cost of guest three is substantially less bringing down the breakdown of cost PP/PN drastically. Generally we have found our best prices have been in the Caribbean in September/October/November on cruises over 7 days. More expensive being from Southampton. Prices do change as number of rooms available go down. So if you find an S class with the PH  and most RS available that is likely to be at a better price. Once only 1/2 RS are left the prices are generally higher.

When we last cruised Eclipse there was a conversation in the Retreat Lounge by a couple who felt that they had snapped up a bargain on a RS through move up. We had booked early and had only paid a little more for the PH and others who had booked a RS earlier had paid less. We did once get a good discount on Equinox on a Caribbean cruise with the second guest at 50% off. Whilst we are aware prices often go up before they go down this was definitely the best offer we have had!

It is over ten years since I retired now so we have had flexibility to book. At first as I retired we thought we would ‘wait’ and look for offers but we never spotted one for a RS! We returned to our usual plan of simply searching for the cruise we want and decide if we are happy to pay the price…We invariably book about 18 months out…

I do think you need to be aware about what is important for you though…Much as we quite enjoyed the suite deck on Silhouette it isn’t a deal breaker for us to have one. Our next cruise is next year on Reflection (10 nights) which doesn’t have a suite deck but will still have the wider restaurant choices we do enjoy! Prices for a RS on the Reflection is presently just over £10,000 for two guests. Ref suite, PH and three RS have gone. I will not be in the least surprised to see the price of the remaining RS to go up shortly…We had spent a couple of days searching a range of Caribbean options including shorter b2b before deciding this was the one for us. We are comfortable with the price we have paid for the room category we wanted.

At the age I am now and with the ship and my room being as important as the itinerary I would rather cruise less often but not compromising on what will make it special for me and my family! 

Sincere best wishes in your search for what you want…

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Celebrity Millenium had a door on the bedroom - Clebrity Suite, Norwegian Spirit had a door on the bedroom, can't remember their suite name, Regal Princess, had a door on the bedroom, can't remember the suite name.  We are on Beyond next year in a Celebrity Suite and it has a sliding dorr, but it looks thin and like it has opaque panels in it rather than solid.

Edited by jbcallender
  • Thanks 1