Saint Greg's return to Jubilee - Live - August 24, 2024

12 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I had problems with the MDR on this ship last time. I might just be going Chibang and Italian the rest of the way. Maybe give them one more chance tomorrow since it’s elegant.

Read a on an online blog they were stopping the open dining at Cucina and Chibang on the Jubilee, probably after your cruise 

• Like 4

Just now, jimbo5544 said:

Read a on an online blog they were stopping the open dining at Cucina and Chibang on the Jubilee, probably after your cruise 

September 7th is what “the John” said.

• Like 4

There was a bit of a kerfuffle at the marina bar and now it has trickled down to me. It used to be no problem to order an alcoholic drink and non-alcoholic drink at the same time on cheers. Now they say the system is making you wait 5 minutes. I didn’t notice it on my first round because I forgot about the screwdriver and ordered it a few minutes later.

IMG_6543.thumb.jpeg.0b541ce298163dd304760d27d6fcbea8.jpeg

screwdriver and double wrapped americano 

IMG_6544.thumb.jpeg.60e6409923ede51e1b2f08a41ad72997.jpeg

• Like 13

Posted (edited)

I thought I need to check out the big window before they cover it up but they’ve already got a partial cover for the morning show which is in an hour. As soon as that ends they’ll fully cover it for bingo or something.

IMG_6547.thumb.jpeg.71fc3220d81f932f3b4e17ff74bc9741.jpeg

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

We had a rough start last night but it ended good. I went to bed 12:30. Almost immediately door slam! Just when I’m about to fall asleep, another door slam. I finally get to sleep and 1am my cabin phone rings. Loud as hell. This has to be an emergency so my blood pressure is up. I answer “hello?” Nothing. “Hello?” On the other end I hear someone who I don’t think has English as a first language say “who?” I hang up and go back to sleep.

After that it was good I slept 7 straight hours. First door slam 8:35am.

"Booty Call"

• Haha 9

24 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I thought I need to check out the big window before they cover it up but they’ve already got a partial cover for the morning show which is in an hour. As soon as that ends they’ll fully cover it for bingo or something.

IMG_6547.thumb.jpeg.71fc3220d81f932f3b4e17ff74bc9741.jpeg

This would annoy me so much - I get covering at night, its even a great use of space then, but during the day it should be open 

• Like 7

it was only a 30 min wait for a table.

IMG_6548.thumb.jpeg.2d8e4b4db173c2858f2c525b31ba3ab9.jpeg

At least they don’t have tables right next to me but the one in front of me. I had to put the headphones in because her mouth never closed and she was eating and talking at the same time and I can’t handle it.

IMG_6549.thumb.jpeg.e5692a7d06062dbcc3566fceafd08201.jpeg

I ordered flaming tomato soup but never got it. I did get Huervos rancheros and brunch potatoes. They never

refilled my water glass. Last week I was drinking three waters per meal in the dining room. I’d be here all day waiting on that

I also got used to them putting my napkin in my lap last

week. It took a couple days to get used to it. Now it’s taking a couple days to get unused to it.

IMG_6550.thumb.jpeg.dbae398db9aae6ecd190d4d088d6a3e7.jpeg

• Like 19

I cannot tell you how crowded this area was 10:30pm-12:30 am. It’s the only food on the ship at that time and the only operable drink station on the ship at that time. It was tough just to walk through here because people shoving pizza in their faces were spilling out into the walkway.

IMG_6551.jpeg

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I’ll keep an eye out. As you may have learned in some of my lives having all the games is only good if they’re willing to put them on. Celebration 2022. Saints/49ers 3:35 kickoff. There were only three late games so I felt good about getting to watch the game. The game was only on 1 tv in p&a. A little tv over a table. And at 5pm they wanted to kick me out for dinner service. I could go to the bar or hero’s but the game wasn’t on any of those TVs and the bartenders said they couldn’t change the channels. I basically told them they’d have to get security to drag me away from that TV. I finished the game there with families eating dinner around me. It’s not always exactly what they sell you.

Had the exact same experience last year on the Celebration.  We were a group of Packer fans and they tried to make us leave for dinner service.    We did the same thing. Stayed and finished the game.   

They need to figure that out.  It’s not that hard and the place was essentially empty as it was the first day of the cruise.  

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, lesters said:

Had the exact same experience last year on the Celebration.  We were a group of Packer fans and they tried to make us leave for dinner service.    We did the same thing. Stayed and finished the game.   

They need to figure that out.  It’s not that hard and the place was essentially empty as it was the first day of the cruise.  

And it would be an easy to figure out. All they had to do was put my game on either in hero’s lounge or at the bar. Nobody would do it. Not even the white shirts trying to get me to leave.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

And it would be an easy to figure out. All they had to do was put my game on either in hero’s lounge or at the bar. Nobody would do it. Not even the white shirts trying to get me to leave.

Exactly!!  This is what happened to us.  

They don’t understand how passionate people are about football.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

We had a rough start last night but it ended good. I went to bed 12:30. Almost immediately door slam! Just when I’m about to fall asleep, another door slam. I finally get to sleep and 1am my cabin phone rings. Loud as hell. This has to be an emergency so my blood pressure is up. I answer “hello?” Nothing. “Hello?” On the other end I hear someone who I don’t think has English as a first language say “who?” I hang up and go back to sleep.

After that it was good I slept 7 straight hours. First door slam 8:35am.

If it's one thing you can count on with Carnival it's the door slamming. Three cruises on NCL and only one semi door slam, and no hallway talking/yelling/banging. 

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, LatinaInTexas said:

If it's one thing you can count on with Carnival it's the door slamming. Three cruises on NCL and only one semi door slam, and no hallway talking/yelling/banging. 

Yeah on Jewel the doors don’t slam. They do a soft click clock. And when walking away I would listen for my click clock and it always happened. I never had to go back and pull it shut.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 12