Elite breakfast / happy hour questions

pepele

49 minutes ago, GuelphCruisers said:

Just wondering...

Could you order a proper Canadian breakfast drink - Bloody Caesar?

..or are you limited to the four cocktails listed on the menu board?

No bloody Caesars. I wish. I've seen the mix at the Martini bar but its not a brand name like our Motts.  I remember once being at Elite breakfast and a man wanted his vodka and bloody Mary mix separate and I assume they are pre mixed. Hw got into an argument with the waiter over it but he was quite difficult to deal with

2 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

I'm 63 and on the same page as you. I want to know how these people are eating salami and mortadella first thing in the morning?

Youngster. I do. Excellent with a beer. Even a red eye (neither an option with the Elite and above breakfast).

Edited by doghog

2 hours ago, jelayne said:

DH tried to take a glass of plain OJ so he could take it to the cabin to take his pills.  The Captains Club Host stopped him and then made a very loud announcement to everyone  “under no circumstances is any food or beverage to be removed from the venue”. 
He then pointed out a tray and told my DH to place his juice there. 

I assume the issue is they don’t have to go containers available as they surely couldn’t be worried about a glass of OJ or a bagel that is available at the buffet anyway.  Have taken food and beverages to go from the buffet and spa cafe without incident. 

33 minutes ago, IDL said:

I assume the issue is they don’t have to go containers available as they surely couldn’t be worried about a glass of OJ or a bagel that is available at the buffet anyway.  Have taken food and beverages to go from the buffet and spa cafe without incident. 

Just get a to-go coffee cup and lid from Al Bacio and bring it in with you.  They will think you are bringing in your coffee with you.  Then pour whatever you desire into the empty cup.  Shouldn't be an issue leaving with your juice or bloody mary with it.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Wineaux007 said:

Just get a to-go coffee cup and lid from Al Bacio and bring it in with you.  They will think you are bringing in your coffee with you.  Then pour whatever you desire into the empty cup.  Shouldn't be an issue leaving with your juice or bloody mary with it.  

Better yet they should have to go containers for food and beverage right there. 

On 8/25/2024 at 3:12 AM, chemmo said:

Are you Hobbits? 1st breakfast, 2nd breakfast…

When on a cruise I simply cannot enjoy a big breakfast, lunch and dinner…Some days at breakfast I simply want something light in a pleasant environment with good service a great view and a Bellini to kick start the day! 

Yes, no food, just Champagne… and the more the better… It’s 8 to 10 for a reason…

• Like 2

On 8/25/2024 at 7:24 AM, Iamcruzin said:

Other than the danish which I can't eat, There is nothing on that menu that says breakfast to me. 

Food is breakfast, lunch, dinner, supper, snack, feast, and everything else in between.

A bit of Franglais perhaps. It just infuriates me that companies, of all types don’t pay attention to the details. In this case it’s always “au”.

I saw this straight away on Silversea (Silver Moon).

IMG_0366.jpeg

Edited by X-pel

9 hours ago, IDL said:

Better yet they should have to go containers for food and beverage right there. 

Long ago they made the choice not to have to go containers at the venue used for breakfast and there is no sign that they will have them there in the future

3 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

Long ago they made the choice not to have to go containers at the venue used for breakfast and there is no sign that they will have them there in the future

folks can take out coffee and pastries and more from Baccio 

The E Breakfast is not grab and go

• Like 1