Website down

Hello all

I’ve been trying for 2 days now to book a cruise on Holland America’s website but everything time I get to the page where I choose my room the website glitches. 
When I click the drop down menu for the rooms nothing appears. The picture of the ship that shows you available rooms also doesn’t appear. The website will then pop up with an error message and take me back to the homepage. 
I’ve tried multiple devices and browsers. I even tried different cruises to see if it was just the one I was interested in but the same thing was happening with all cruises. 
Is anyone else experiencing this?

Posted (edited)

Go incognito. It's the only way that has worked for me for years. I've cleared my cookies so many times they are invisible. Tried every browser too. HAL's website is atrocious, they should be ashamed. 

For those unaware how to use incognito, click the three dots on the top right hand of your screen then select 'new incognito window'.

image.png.e07f62abc266713e26a30c0ce967e333.png

Edited by BermudaBound2014

2 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Go incognito. It's the only way that has worked for me for years. I've cleared my cookies so many times they are invisible. Tried every browser too. HAL's website is atrocious, they should be ashamed. 

For those unaware how to use incognito, click the three dots on the top right hand of your screen then select 'new incognito window'.

image.png.e07f62abc266713e26a30c0ce967e333.png

Just tried this. Unfortunately I’m still having the same issue 😕

thank you for the reply though 

So I tested with one of Caribbean cruises they have on sale and had no issues. I’m trying to book an Alaskan cruise and every itinerary / date I try has this issue. I’ve tried chrome, Firefox, safari, and Microsoft edge - all the same problem. 

3 hours ago, princesspigeontoe said:

Hello all

I’ve been trying for 2 days now to book a cruise on Holland America’s website but everything time I get to the page where I choose my room the website glitches. 
When I click the drop down menu for the rooms nothing appears. The picture of the ship that shows you available rooms also doesn’t appear. The website will then pop up with an error message and take me back to the homepage. 
I’ve tried multiple devices and browsers. I even tried different cruises to see if it was just the one I was interested in but the same thing was happening with all cruises. 
Is anyone else experiencing this?

I just tried to go right through to the booking payment page and all was well. 
Have you tried other cruises? It may be that the issue is with the particular cruise you’re trying to book.

7 minutes ago, sunviking90 said:

I just tried to go right through to the booking payment page and all was well. 
Have you tried other cruises? It may be that the issue is with the particular cruise you’re trying to book.

Yeah I tried with a Caribbean cruise and no issues. All the Alaska cruises I’ve tried are having this issue. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, princesspigeontoe said:

Yeah I tried with a Caribbean cruise and no issues. All the Alaska cruises I’ve tried are having this issue. 

It may be that they are being worked on by the crack IT department.

Seriously, they do seem to do a lot of website updating on the weekends so you may want to try on Monday.

Posted (edited)

I was poking around the site in the past hour and had no problems. I use Edge. Sometimes, when the site is wonky, I use Edge's "in private," which is their version of Incognito, and that works for me.

And welcome to Cruise Critic!

Edited by 3rdGenCunarder

4 hours ago, princesspigeontoe said:

I had the same problem with booking an Alaska cruise. I contacted a TA I've used before and he was able to make the booking.

I reported this problem to HAL about 2 weeks ago.  They were having a private fare sale and you had to log in to see the lower price.  When logged in the You Choose Cabinet option didn't work so you could only book guarantee cabin class.  If you log out then it works to see cabins but not at private fare sale price.  Then you call them to change your booking to add the cabin you want.  This may only be a problem for the Canadian part of their site.

• Like 1

I've tried for the past three days. I've tried two computers and I've used Edge and Chrome. I've tried regular and in-private. I cleared my cookies. I logged in and I've logged out. Still nothing. I've even tried to book an Aft-Verandah and it offers me front of the ship. Doesn't matter which browser or which way I try to get in. When I get to the choose a cabin, nothing shows up. Have it all or cruise only. It will not show me the deck plan or the available rooms. Something's glitchy, surprised that others have no problem. Very weird. I hope it gets fixed soon.

11 minutes ago, Vandelay Inc said:

I've tried for the past three days. I've tried two computers and I've used Edge and Chrome. I've tried regular and in-private. I cleared my cookies. I logged in and I've logged out. Still nothing. I've even tried to book an Aft-Verandah and it offers me front of the ship. Doesn't matter which browser or which way I try to get in. When I get to the choose a cabin, nothing shows up. Have it all or cruise only. It will not show me the deck plan or the available rooms. Something's glitchy, surprised that others have no problem. Very weird. I hope it gets fixed soon.

Yes exactly I tried 4 different browsers, 3 different devices, WiFi, data, private browsing. None of it worked. It was driving me crazy for days. I even tried reporting it. I thought it was just me but it seems to be a HAL website issue. 
Hopefully it gets fixed soon

I found the Costco.ca travel website uses a different user interface for the deck plans and available cabins.  It works but will not be any private fares you need to be logged in for.  I ended up booking a guaranteed inside cabin, which it let me do.  When I saw the few cabins available I wasn't willing to pay extra for any of them.  I booked Caribbean for Nov/Dec.

On 8/24/2024 at 1:14 PM, princesspigeontoe said:

Alaska for when? 2024 is pretty much sold out.