New to NCL- a couple of questions

Kat915

Where on the website can you cancel an excursion? I clicked all over and can't find it.

I got 2 free specialty meals. Can I book a place and time before I get onboard? If so, where on the website?

Thanks

25 minutes ago, Kat915 said:

Where on the website can you cancel an excursion? I clicked all over and can't find it.

I got 2 free specialty meals. Can I book a place and time before I get onboard? If so, where on the website?

Thanks

you will be able make restaurant reservations I believe 100 days before sail away ( maybe 120 days, but I think its 100).  There will be light up boards close to the restaurants that will give you an idea of how busy they are that day.  You can always go up to the desk and ask if they can change your reservation for a different day/time.

Just now, 9tee2Sea said:

you will be able make restaurant reservations I believe 100 days before sail away ( maybe 120 days, but I think its 100).  There will be light up boards close to the restaurants that will give you an idea of how busy they are that day.  You can always go up to the desk and ask if they can change your reservation for a different day/time.

It's 120 days. Same date as final payment you can make reservations, for specialty restaurants you want to make them at that point as all the good times disappear. There are more times available for booking onboard (I've read that they only release 25% of reservations for prebooking) but the prime times will go first.

1 hour ago, Kat915 said:

Thanks

Excursions can only be canceled by calling NCL, or waiting until you are on board and going by the excursion desk. 

Speciality dining for people without status can be booked 120 days prior to sailing, unless you are in the Haven (130 days). 

Thanks.  I will call to cancel excursion since I don't want to wait until I get on board and possibly get a check refund. 

I am only about 25 days out for the cruise,  so where on the website can I book the specialty restaurant.  Or do I have to call?

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, Kat915 said:

Thanks.  I will call to cancel excursion since I don't want to wait until I get on board and possibly get a check refund. 

I am only about 25 days out for the cruise,  so where on the website can I book the specialty restaurant.  Or do I have to call?

Under the "Explore & Plan" tab of the NCL website there will be an item on the left for "Dining" and you can see all of the specialty restaurants on your ship. If you click on one of the "select" buttons it will take you to another page where you can choose the time. If the time that you want is not available (somewhat likely at just 25 days out), make a beeline for the restaurant reservations once you're on board, and they'll take care of you. Typically it's held in a restaurant on the ship (on the Joy, it's in Teppanyaki, for example)

image.thumb.png.06424f866f93d8e0aa2ed8ff98110f83.png

Edited by jds2001
add a bit more detail

And if you can't find a time you like you can also call NCL and they will try to help you, if not as soon as you board the ship ask "where do I go to make dinner reservations" and they will direct you.

Yes they do save a certain amount of times for people once they board, plus check daily as people often cancel or change their reservations.

Enjoy your cruise!

18 minutes ago, Kat915 said:

Thanks. I was able to get a decent dinner time at Moderno Churrascaria.

That's good. Many popular restaurants were sold out for popular dates/times a while back. 

Your next date is 21 days prior to departure when you need to log on and do your online check-in. You will need your passport information, emergency contact information (someone at home), credit card information, and a high resolution photo. 

Photos need to be like a mug shot. Facing straight at the camera. Blank/solid light color background. No head covering. No glasses. Small smile is o.k. Think about taking your passport photo. 

Check in at 12 midnight eastern time, 21 days prior to departure for the best port arrival times (selected during the check-in). If you are on a big ship, you can also make entertainment reservations at the 21 day point. 

4 hours ago, zqvol said:

Excursions can only be canceled by calling NCL, or waiting until you are on board and going by the excursion desk. 

Speciality dining for people without status can be booked 120 days prior to sailing, unless you are in the Haven (130 days). 

Or a Club Balcony (125 days).