cabin numbers on the Vista w/noise issues

redshine

I have just been reading about the different decks that have problems, but could somebody please tell us what individual cabins are experiencing the noise issues?

• Like 1

You will find the same cabins discussed as noisy and quiet - it depends upon neighbors, how much time you spend in your cabin and your level of tolerance for noise.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, redshine said:

could somebody please tell us what individual cabins are experiencing the noise issues

You could use the forum's search facility to find that out. Just enter "noise" as the search term and you should find most of the mentions.  You'll have got your answer in a couple of hours - much quicker than waiting for folk who may have info to see this thread and possibly respond. I'm not sure how helpful it will prove to be for the reasons basor mentions and, of course, the fact that CC contributors are only going to have mentioned a small number of Vista's 600+ cabins

The reports indicated that the noise problem is ship wide and not just being attributed to the particular cabins. So it was mentioned that the same cabin can be reported as being noisy or quiet, it depends…

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KingJamesFL said:

Prob very subjective. 

Not true. It is absolutely pervasive throughout the ship! Makes zero difference where your cabin is located. What makes a difference is whether you have neighbors who speak in tones that are not very quiet and whether they turn on their tv, even at low volumes. Vista GM, Concierge and Concierge have confirmed to me that lack of proper sound insulation is equally a problem for every cabin on Vista. I have had crew tell me that crew cabins have same problem and crew often has trouble sleeping. I have spent 28 nights on Vista in two different cabins on different decks. Same problem. One of my neighbors had TV on at all times he was awake in the room. He showed me his volume was only at 7%. He turned it off only between 11:00 p.m. and 7:30 a.m. and only then could I sleep. Will never travel on Vista again unless they remedy the problem.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, MisterBill99 said:

How do you propose that they fix it?

I assume they will have to better insulate the walls. Someone posted that Vista senior crew told him they would be working on it "soon," but I would guess it would have to wait until a major drydock which could be years away. NCLH really has a two ship problem with this issue. Regent Grandeur, bult soon after Vista in the same ship yard is reported to have the same problem with lack of soundproofing between cabins.

16 minutes ago, edgee said:

I assume they will have to better insulate the walls. Someone posted that Vista senior crew told him they would be working on it "soon," but I would guess it would have to wait until a major drydock which could be years away. 

Maybe the fix will be putting earplugs in cabins or having them available at guest services.

For a new ship there is a noticeable issue located in the mid back part of the ship.  We sailed in January 2024 in stateroom 8047 which was near the steps and elevator and expected noise issues but we had none.  However as we walked to the back on the ship on our side we sensed a NOTICEABLE VIBRATION THAT WAS CONSTANT--DAY AND NIGHT.  We even commented that we would be VERY ANGRY if we had a stateroom in that location.  The problem remained on lower decks and higher decks.  Since we had no issue and liked the ship, we booked another cruise for May/June 2025 Lisbon to Southampton.  We thoroughly walked the decks to isolate the problem and it appeared to be centered on the staterooms between 8085 and 8111 as well as the decks above and below in that area.  We only checked the Starboard side.

I really get the comments about noisy fellow cruises in a room next to yours and I dont want to dismiss them BUT this is a brand new ship with a poorly designed construction flaw.

On 8/24/2024 at 11:25 PM, Harters said:

You could use the forum's search facility to find that out

I had half an hour to kill this morning, so took my own advice. I'm not sure it's really any help to anyone but these are the cabins mentioned by folk on "noise" threads and whether they experienced any issues (N/Y). 

7017 – N

7077 – N

7107 - N

8015 – N

8048 – Y & N

8099 – N

8121 - Y

8130 – N

9009 - N

9018 - Y

9019 – Y

9029 – Y

9034 – N

9063 – N

9114 – N

9123 – N

10018 – Y

10028 – N

10029 – N

10055 – N

10060 – Y

10087 – N

11037 – N

11044 – N

11073 - Y

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, raleighschwinn said:

For a new ship there is a noticeable issue located in the mid back part of the ship.  We sailed in January 2024 in stateroom 8047 which was near the steps and elevator and expected noise issues but we had none.  However as we walked to the back on the ship on our side we sensed a NOTICEABLE VIBRATION THAT WAS CONSTANT--DAY AND NIGHT.  We even commented that we would be VERY ANGRY if we had a stateroom in that location.  ..... appeared to be centered on the staterooms between 8085 and 8111 as well as the decks above and below in that area.  We only checked the Starboard side.

I really get the comments about noisy fellow cruises in a room next to yours and I dont want to dismiss them BUT this is a brand new ship with a poorly designed construction flaw.

We were in 8093 in June this year and had no issues with vibration of any kind.. and no noise from cabins either side at all.

Edited by daydreamer62

Definitely 8121.  Opposite the crew pantry and you can hear everything from morning till night.  We rarely had a break from the noise when in our cabin.

Just wanted to comment that the identical Vista sister ship Allura has been delayed.  Perhaps they are correcting the same problem on that ship before its maiden voyage.  Supposed to sail on June 8, 2025 and now rescheduled for July 18, 2025.  Oceania is not new to the cruise industry and knows the timeline for building a ship.  This almost 2-month delay is a red flag that they are addressing a major issue.

• Thanks 1

These two new “A” ships different from earlier O ships in one important category. As opposed to being “stick “ built aboard, all the cabins are prebuilt modules which are lifted aboard, slid into place, and then utilities are connected up. Adding insulation to those not yet installed modules shouldn’t be a problem, only costs. If any of those cabins are already installed, then that’s a different issue.

In that production delays are common, much like the Vista, we chose not to book a cruise aboard the Allura until 3 months after its original scheduled launch.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Harters said:

I had half an hour to kill this morning, so took my own advice. I'm not sure it's really any help to anyone but these are the cabins mentioned by folk on "noise" threads and whether they experienced any issues (N/Y). 

7017 – N

7077 – N

7107 - N

8015 – N

8048 – Y & N

8099 – N

8121 - Y

8130 – N

9009 - N

9018 - Y

9019 – Y

9029 – Y

9034 – N

9063 – N

9114 – N

9123 – N

10018 – Y

10028 – N

10029 – N

10055 – N

10060 – Y

10087 – N

11037 – N

11044 – N

11073 - Y

According to senior officers I spoke with on the ship, soundproofing is equally problematic among all cabins. IME and from talking to both senior officers, reception staff, concierge and other staff, they get complaints from all over the ship. It matters who your neighbors are, not which cabin you are in. 

Edited by edgee
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, edgee said:

It matters who your neighbors are, not which cabin you are in. 

It would seem, from the very small sample above, that most have been fortunate to have had very quiet neighbours. Neighbours who must pretty much whisper all the time and not have the TV on at even a minimal audible level. If that's an accurate assessment, then I wonder how common is the knowledge of the problem, amongst O's customer base the vast majority of whom do not follow cruise forums or Facebook groups. Presumably it must be a high level of awareness of the issue, otherwise folk would be speaking normally and having their TV on at a normal level. 

Edited by Harters

11 minutes ago, Harters said:

It would seem, from the very small sample above, that most have been fortunate to have had very quiet neighbours. Neighbours who must pretty much whisper all the time and not have the TV on at even a minimal audible level. If that's an accurate assessment, then I wonder how common is the knowledge of the problem, amongst O's customer base the vast majority of whom do not follow cruise forums or Facebook groups. Presumably it must be a high level of awareness of the issue, otherwise folk would be speaking normally and having their TV on at a normal level. 

I respect your viewpoint. GM told me all insulation is same throughout the ship and that they get complaints from all locations. I disembarked Marina last week and was told by the concierge that he and many crew members who have been on Vista also have noise problems with poor sound insulation between crew cabins. He reiterated that when he was on Vista he dealt with complaints and occasional arguments between neighboring guests on Vista due to the noise issue and they came from locations all over the ship.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, edgee said:

GM told me all insulation is same throughout the ship

Yes, you've mentioned that on a number of occasions and it is not in doubt. My point, at #19, is that, from the small sample mentioned on CC,  there must be a lot of guests who are being exceptionally considerate so as to give their neighbours absolutely no cause for complaint. I have been the beneficiary of that as never heard a peep from either neighbour during our 15 day cruise (and both adjacent cabins were definitely occupied). I'm amazed at that consideration from my neighbours - perhaps they follow CC or FB and knew of the issue. 

Posted (edited)
On 8/24/2024 at 6:40 PM, osandomir said:

The reports indicated that the noise problem is ship wide and not just being attributed to the particular cabins. So it was mentioned that the same cabin can be reported as being noisy or quiet, it depends…

Yes, I was surprised that the list above didn't have at least one cabin with both Y and N responses. It's likely subjective and the result of having quiet or noisy neighbors.

I do wonder if there's any correlation to being in a connecting cabin, although I would have expected that to be mentioned. In other discussions unrelated to Vista, I've seen many people warn against being in a connecting cabin because of noise, although I've never experienced that myself.

Anyway, I just booked 9101 today and at least I don't see it on the list.

Edited by MisterBill99

6 hours ago, MisterBill99 said:

I was surprised that the list above didn't have at least one cabin with both Y and N responses

It did - 8048.

And the Y & N was from the same poster. S/he was on a two leg cruise. Had noise issues on one leg and nothing on the other so clearly down to the different neighbours. 

• Like 1

no noise except  when neighbors were arguing, we could hear her voice on two occasions. 
Otherwise no noise, but someone else on another board commented it was a noisy cabin. Ultimately, I think it depends on your neighbours, 

• Like 3

This is really shocking about the noise problems on Vista.  We have never had a problem on any ship we have ever cruised.  Can anybody let me know if they personally experienced or read about a noise problem in the named suites (OS, VS, OC) on Vista?  I have not read about it, but I have been only casually following this topic.  I would hope, that they spent more money in the design and sound proofing of the expensive suites.