Music at the pools?

joseph123

I presume there is no live poolside entertainment on Explora I, but just wondering if there is any piped in music playing poolside and if so, what type of music is played and at what pools? Thanks much!

On my Caribbean cruise there was a DJ playing nice Chill Out/ Ibiza tunes at the Astern Pool late afternoon around 17/18:00h. They created  a very pleasant sundowner type atmosphere in my opinion. 
There might have been some music during the day at this pool as well, but I do not remember as it was not the place I was hanging out and sunbathing during the day.
I do not recall any music piped in elsewhere and I sincerely hope they keep it that way! I personally cannot stand the constant noise you find at beach clubs, pools and in almost all places around most of the bigger ships these days. 

• Like 3

Piped in music can be very obnoxious.  Nothing wrong with no music at the pools unless a band sets up.

So are you saying from past experience there is no music or just stating your preference for none? Looking for feedback from anyone who might know first hand.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mike@sea said:

On my Caribbean cruise there was a DJ playing nice Chill Out/ Ibiza tunes at the Astern Pool late afternoon around 17/18:00h. They created  a very pleasant sundowner type atmosphere in my opinion. 

I am hoping for a chill kind of vibe such as this, so good to hear you did not experience much loud music.

29 minutes ago, mike@sea said:

There might have been some music during the day at this pool as well, but I do not remember as it was not the place I was hanging out and sunbathing during the day.
I do not recall any music piped in elsewhere and I sincerely hope they keep it that way! I personally cannot stand the constant noise you find at beach clubs, pools and in almost all places around most of the bigger ships these days. 

25 minutes ago, joseph123 said:

I am hoping for a chill kind of vibe such as this, so good to hear you did not experience much loud music.

OK, I checked my phone for videos I took and I would have lost a bet against myself - there was music playing on the decks.

It varies between "spa" music and soft rock.

Again, it would have been so innocuous that neither Mike nor I (and we chatted extensively, well, everywhere!) remembered it!

• Haha 2

Sorry if I was not clear in my answer. Yes there was music at sundowner at one pool as stated above. It created a nice vibe and fit both the atmosphere as well as the location. I quite liked it! 
Besides that I do not recall any other music piped in for which I was and will remain grateful. 

I am pretty sure though that there was no music at Helios Pool. And I honestly do not recall music elsewhere, probably because I only passed by and being so concentrated on what to eat or drink next. And when chatting with Dr Cocktail, one tends to block out everything else… 😉

Either way, what we are trying to say is, it never felt obnoxious and wasn’t apparently even noticed in my case, except for the sundowner at Astern Pool which was indeed very pleasant. 

Hope this helps somehow. 

38 minutes ago, mike@sea said:

And when chatting with Dr Cocktail, one tends to block out everything else… 😉

Thank you .... it's the sheer force of my personality.

Let's just say I'm going to take it as a compliment!

• Like 1

I hated the psychedelic "spa music" that MSC pipes in on their YC pool deck.  I am definitely planning to use my earbuds if Explora has the same music.

2 hours ago, momofmab said:

I hated the psychedelic "spa music" that MSC pipes in on their YC pool deck.  I am definitely planning to use my earbuds if Explora has the same music.

My recollection is that Explora 1 did have the European obnoxious ‘spa’ music at the Helios pool at least, my preferred sunbathing area. Unfortunately, I haven’t lost all my hearing. I may actually bring my earbuds on a Med cruise next month. 

• Like 1

Oh dear. This thread has made my heart sink.  I thought Explora was aiming at "luxury".  To me, piped music everywhere equates to down-market.  I have learnt to accept someone else's choice of music by the main pool - and sometimes I even like their choice! - but I expect to be able to escape it somewhere on a boat.  And there are times when the music can create an appropriate 'vibe'.  But not all day, every day, everywhere.  Despite previous suggestions, I don't want to use earbuds as I want to hear the sea, the wind and the sound of birds.  I use earbuds to listen to my choice of music.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rosie1066 said:

Thanks Dr.C.  I love it.  

I couldn't hear any piped music 😂  

Full disclosure: there is music in different areas but it’s really not “in your face”!

And while we’re not on the subject, those decks and loungers?  

IMG_0852.gif

• Like 2