Premier-Unlimited Specialty dining?

phabric

2 minutes ago, memoak said:

Just like if I don’t get free laundry or free mini bar or free shoe shining etc. The are things I paid for. If you check suite perks none say may not be approved. Last time we couldn’t get decent a/c yes we got more than a thousand in OBC

I can see being upset but don’t understand the lawsuit part. If not getting a free shoe shine was the worst thing that ever happened to me I would consider myself lucky. But then I’ve never had a shoeshine 🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I can see being upset but don’t understand the lawsuit part. If not getting a free shoe shine was the worst thing that ever happened to me I would consider myself lucky. But then I’ve never had a shoeshine 🤣

You should get the perks you pay for   If you don’t then something has to give. If you take premier and can’t eat at a SD whenever type want don’t you think you are entitled to money back ?

12 minutes ago, memoak said:

You should get the perks you pay for   If you don’t then something has to give. If you take premier and can’t eat at a SD whenever type want don’t you think you are entitled to money back ?

Is there some small print somewhere saying "when available" or the like?  Princess likes to cover its hind quarters with language like that.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Kay S said:

Is there some small print somewhere saying "when available" or the like?  Princess likes to cover its hind quarters with language like that.

Yes, there were words to that effect in the verbiage for this that someone posted on another thread.

And it makes sense, I don't believe any cruise line could guarantee to a customer that they could eat what they wanted in the restaurant they wanted on the date and time they wanted or that it would be reasonable to expect that - the way to guarantee you can eat what you want when you want it is to hire a private yacht and take your personal chef along with you. 

I would not be surprised if Princess' small print will allow them to dictate the restaurant, the date and the time, so that they can deliver 'unlimited' SD but allocated against resource and capacity, i.e. one meal per night of the cruise in SD, but not necessarily at a location or time of the each individual customer's choosing..  

6 hours ago, memoak said:

Just like if I don’t get free laundry or free mini bar or free shoe shining etc. The are things I paid for. If you check suite perks none say may not be approved. Last time we couldn’t get decent a/c yes we got more than a thousand in OBC

well, consider yourself lucky!

There was no air conditioning on my Royal Princess cruise to Oahu last year.

Guest Services said sorry, we do not turn it on for this cruise. You can open balcony door.

no compensation offered or expected.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, memoak said:

Wanting my money back and filing a lawsuit are two different things. I guess we can just agree to disagree. Enjoy your cruises. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Kay S said:

No such disclaimer on the suite perk

9 hours ago, cruising.mark.uk said:

Yes, there were words to that effect in the verbiage for this that someone posted on another thread.

And it makes sense, I don't believe any cruise line could guarantee to a customer that they could eat what they wanted in the restaurant they wanted on the date and time they wanted or that it would be reasonable to expect that - the way to guarantee you can eat what you want when you want it is to hire a private yacht and take your personal chef along with you. 

I would not be surprised if Princess' small print will allow them to dictate the restaurant, the date and the time, so that they can deliver 'unlimited' SD but allocated against resource and capacity, i.e. one meal per night of the cruise in SD, but not necessarily at a location or time of the each individual customer's choosing..  

even if they did that they would have to limit the amount of premier packages there are only so many tables and chairs. Also I can just imagine the lines of people who will claim they have to eat before 6:00 because of medical issues when they get assigned to dinner at 8:00

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, memoak said:

even if they did that they would have to limit the amount of premier packages there are only so many tables and chairs. Also I can just imagine the lines of people who will claim they have to eat before 6:00 because of medical issues when they get assigned to dinner at 8:00

I agree - they are almost certainly going to have to put a cap on the number of Premier 90 packages they sell and that will depend both on demand and on other variables such as the length of the cruise, demographic, how many SD restaurants there are on the ship etc.  I suspect it will take a while for them to refine the algorithms that will help them to get those calculations right so there will most probably be teething problems in the early weeks / months.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

I'm just curious what "new" funding mechanism is going to offset the loss of the SD gratuities since it appears they are "included" in the complimentary Unlimited Specialty Dining option of the Premier Package.

If they sell more packages, they'll have more guaranteed crew appreciation which cannot be removed.  That could offset some of the lost gratuities.

Edited by cruising.mark.uk
correct typo
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, cruising.mark.uk said:

If they sell more packages, they'll have more guaranteed crew appreciation which cannot be removed.  That could offset some of the lost gratuities.

I'm also thinking from over here in the peanut gallery that the new $1 increase in the crew appreciation rate may also help offset the loss.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, voljeep said:

does the suite perk then state 'guarenteed'? in writing?

Stateroom Amenities
  • Approx. 304 to 1507 sq. ft., including balcony
  • Luxury balcony furniture including 2 loungers, 4 chairs, table and ottomanfootnote7
  • 2 floor-to-ceiling sliding glass doorsfootnote7
  • Separate sitting area with sofa bed, chair and 2 tablesfootnote7
  • One complimentary mini-bar setup
    To coincide with Reserve Collection roll-out suites will get free daily bottled water.
  • Spacious closet
  • Complimentary use of the Lotus Spa® Thermal Suitefootnote2
  • Complimentary laundry and professional cleaning services
  • Complimentary dinner in a specialty restaurant on embarkation dayfootnote3
  • Priority specialty dining and shore excursion reservation
  • Priority disembarkation at tender ports
  • Comfortable queen or two twin bedsfootnote4
  • Refrigerator
  • Flat-panel television
  • Private bathroom with shower
  • 100% cotton, high-thread count linens
  • 24-hour room servicefootnote5
  • Spacious closet
  • Desk with chair
  • Hair dryer & bathroom amenities
  • Digital security safe
footnote2Only available on Caribbean, Crown, Emerald, Ruby, Diamond, Sapphire, Coral & Island.
footnote3Applicable on cruises six days or longer
footnote43rd/4th berths available in select cabins
footnote5Charges may apply. 
footnote7Excluding Signature Suite on Sun Princess. Subject to change
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, voljeep said:
Stateroom Amenities
  • Approx. 304 to 1507 sq. ft., including balcony
  • Luxury balcony furniture including 2 loungers, 4 chairs, table and ottomanfootnote7
  • 2 floor-to-ceiling sliding glass doorsfootnote7
  • Separate sitting area with sofa bed, chair and 2 tablesfootnote7
  • One complimentary mini-bar setup
    To coincide with Reserve Collection roll-out suites will get free daily bottled water.
  • Spacious closet
  • Complimentary use of the Lotus Spa® Thermal Suitefootnote2
  • Complimentary laundry and professional cleaning services
  • Complimentary dinner in a specialty restaurant on embarkation dayfootnote3
  • Priority specialty dining and shore excursion reservation
  • Priority disembarkation at tender ports
  • Comfortable queen or two twin bedsfootnote4
  • Refrigerator
  • Flat-panel television
  • Private bathroom with shower
  • 100% cotton, high-thread count linens
  • 24-hour room servicefootnote5
  • Spacious closet
  • Desk with chair
  • Hair dryer & bathroom amenities
  • Digital security safe
footnote2Only available on Caribbean, Crown, Emerald, Ruby, Diamond, Sapphire, Coral & Island.
footnote3Applicable on cruises six days or longer
footnote43rd/4th berths available in select cabins
footnote5Charges may apply. 
footnote7Excluding Signature Suite on Sun Princess. Subject to change

You got there faster than I did  To note there are no disclaimer about availability or need to make advanced reservations. That makes it as much a

of a guarantee as refrigerator 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, memoak said:

You got there faster than I did  To note there are no disclaimer about availability or need to make advanced reservations. That makes it as much a

of a guarantee as refrigerator 

Unlimited Specialty Dining meals: It is recommended that guests make  Specialty Dining reservations pre-cruise using the Princess® App. Princess Cruises reserves the right to pre-assign Specialty Dining times and location. The Specialty Dining included in a Package is for restaurant cover changes only and does not include menu items subject to supplementary charges. Availability of Specialty Dining reservations may be limited on certain cruises

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, voljeep said:

Unlimited Specialty Dining meals: It is recommended that guests make  Specialty Dining reservations pre-cruise using the Princess® App. Princess Cruises reserves the right to pre-assign Specialty Dining times and location. The Specialty Dining included in a Package is for restaurant cover changes only and does not include menu items subject to supplementary charges. Availability of Specialty Dining reservations may be limited on certain cruises

That reference pertains to packages not suite benefits. They do sometimes pre reserve you but usually put us at 5:00 easy to call and get a later time. I am boarding the Majestic in 4 weeks and if I have any issues I will go directly to the suite concierge 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, memoak said:

That reference pertains to packages not suite benefits. They do sometimes pre reserve you but usually put us at 5:00 easy to call and get a later time. I am boarding the Majestic in 4 weeks and if I have any issues I will go directly to the suite concierge 

yes, that is what this thread is about - nothing to do with first night suite specialty dining🙄

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, voljeep said:

yes, that is what this thread is about - nothing to do with first night suite specialty dining🙄

I was referring to your earlier question pertaining specifically to suite first night dining

On 8/27/2024 at 12:35 PM, phabric said:

I was on a Holland cruise, with a perk that everyone on the ship got a specialty dinner.  Holland choose the time for you, there was no changing time as there was no tables available  

Good to know. We have two of those coming up. If they assign us to late seatings, my DH isn't going to want to go. He's a stickler about eating early.

12 hours ago, Kay S said:

Reminds me of a comedian I heard recently. In the UK especially travelling at weekends many train services are replaced by buses. The comedian said there was an announcement via the station tannoy system stating the train he should have been on had a replacement bus service. So he gave the ticket issuer a tin of pineapple. When asked what this was for he replied " That's my replacement money" 

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, voljeep said:

On my Discovery cruise in a suite less then 6 days they gave us free specialty dining in first night. I was able to book it precruise online.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, memoak said:

I sail in one month in a suite if I do not get a specialty dining experience on embarkation day. I will point out the perk and if I can’t eat that day as I am guaranteed I fell a law suite or a freer cruise coming up. When you have a few thousand days with Princess things do happen and I would not go near the Sun

Best of luck with that law suite or freer cruise. LOL. Glad to see I'll never run into you on the Sun or the Star.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

15 hours ago, memoak said:

I sail in one month in a suite if I do not get a specialty dining experience on embarkation day. I will point out the perk and if I can’t eat that day as I am guaranteed I fell a law suite or a freer cruise coming up. When you have a few thousand days with Princess things do happen and I would not go near the Sun

no I don't have a 'few thousand days on Princess'

do you?

a thousand

a couple of thousand - 2000+

a few thousand - 3000+

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, cruising.mark.uk said:

there will most probably be teething problems in the early weeks / months.

That's pretty much a guarantee.  How long has the Medallion (and its app) been teething?

• Like 2