New Medallion for each cruise?

peety3

48 minutes ago, Need-a-vacation said:

Are they magnetic or do you add one? 

This might actually work for me - a magnet is my go-to souvenir and I have a board hanging on the wall specifically for travel magnets that is now out of space.  I'd like to get a bigger board, or find a logical way to break them up into smaller boards.

Yes, they’re magnetic.  They Stick to the walls of the cabin.

2 hours ago, Ombud said:

Tic Tac Toe? Only 4 white so far but getting another next month, lost a few black. (Solo)20240828_133628.thumb.jpg.9768cd3fcbdfc80a15686b65d7c7235b.jpg

maybe I'll put a white circle over a few black ones to even the game out

Only have the one so far from last cruise it's platinum, this next one will be the same and next year black for elite. But what is white?

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, latebloomer56 said:

Only have the one so far from last cruise it's platinum, this next one will be the same and next year black for elite. But what is white?

Inaugural year cruise medallions are white: these are Discovery & Enchanted. I'm adding Sun next month. But now I'm thinking Tic Tac Toe is only 5 white / 5 black. 

I want to get a nice block of wood (rosewood, zebra, walnut) inset scored metal .... should be a nice conversation piece that the grandkids can play a game on

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Inaugural year cruise medallions are white: these are Discovery & Enchanted. I'm adding Sun next month. But now I'm thinking Tic Tac Toe is only 5 white / 5 black. 

I want to get a nice block of wood (rosewood, zebra, walnut) inset scored metal .... should be a nice conversation piece that the grandkids can play a game on

Thanks

4 hours ago, Clek said:

I had trouble locating my husband and say he was in the cabin when he wasn't.  Easy and quick fix to get a new battery. 

Maybe the fix would have been to get a new husband! 😎

• Haha 6

14 hours ago, latebloomer56 said:

We are on the Grand but only 16 days do you think these will stop working on us a day or two before we get back? We had no issue with the last 14 day cruise.

Thanks as always for your input.

Ours lasted about 40 - 45 days or so before we had to get replacements. My wife's replacement worked great. Mine didn't seem much better (at all) than the one I turned in. (When we asked for replacements my wife's Medallion was pretty much a total fail. Mine was a bit "will it work this time or will it fail this time". I was never certain that they actually gave me a replacement.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thrak said:

Ours lasted about 40 - 45 days or so before we had to get replacements. My wife's replacement worked great. Mine didn't seem much better (at all) than the one I turned in. (When we asked for replacements my wife's Medallion was pretty much a total fail. Mine was a bit "will it work this time or will it fail this time". I was never certain that they actually gave me a replacement.

Thanks

19 hours ago, Clek said:

On our 2024 World Cruise we had to have our medallions replaced 4 times. I had trouble locating my husband and say he was in the cabin when he wasn't.  Easy and quick fix to get a new battery. 

You get a whole new medallion as they can't replace the battery.

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Ombud said:

I want to get a nice block of wood (rosewood, zebra, walnut)

I recommend MacBeath in Berkeley. If you're cheap, you can even get amazing finds rummaging through their dumpster scrap.

Edited by mahasamatman

23 minutes ago, mahasamatman said:

I recommend MacBeath in Berkeley. If you're cheap, you can even get amazing finds rummaging through their dumpster scrap.

I LOVE MaxBeath but I've never gone thru their dumpster. Only need less than a sq ft so will dumpster dive 😁

23 hours ago, Need-a-vacation said:

Are they magnetic or do you add one? 

This might actually work for me - a magnet is my go-to souvenir and I have a board hanging on the wall specifically for travel magnets that is now out of space.  I'd like to get a bigger board, or find a logical way to break them up into smaller boards.

I too am a “magnetaholic” and along with *too* many on the fridge (!), I have them on the metal door between my laundry room and garage. At least looking at them makes folding laundry a LITTLE more tolerable!

• Like 1