Planning an NCL cruise in 2024? Check your NCL account before booking!

Hi all..

I figured you could benefit from my oversight.  I booked an NCL cruise with my TA yesterday for November (paid in full).  Today I logged into my NCL account and saw that there was a coupon to save 15% on cruises before the end of the year.    But, since I've already paid in full, the coupon can't be applied, so I missed out on the discount.

So -- if you're planning a cruise, check your account first to see if you have an offer that you can apply!

(I'm not a cruise newbie, but since I get SO MANY emails every day from cruise lines I figured those would cover all the offers that were out there.. apparently not!)

Happy cruising,

Lisa

• Thanks 1

I received an email referencing a 10% any-cruise discount, which didn't appear in my online account, so I asked to apply it to the first of 2 cruises I bought (the more expensive of the two.) But then when booking the 2nd cruise NCL found another 15% discount in my account (which I also couldn't see.) I guess I could have complained about not applying the better offer to the more expensive cruise that I'd just bought, but I decided to be happy to have the second discount and eat the $7 or so difference.

My point is that although in the past I've seen discounts in my account (and could see one this time that didn't apply), apparently they aren't always visible.

Call the TA to see if it can be applied. My DH had a 25% off a TA or TP in his account. We contacted our TA and it was applied although it indicated it was for new bookings only. It might have been before final payment though. It is worth a try.

Two things…

-Always check your Latitudes account before cruise shopping.  NCL has a habit of dropping discount coupons into your account randomly without telling us.

-Your TA should be diligent enough to see those coupons when booking via your Latitudes #.  Those coupons are right there in your Latitudes account…pretty obvious!

Your TA should be able to fix this, if they’re any good at their job!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is all new to me.   I was not aware of these discounts in our latitudes account.  Thanks for posting this information.   It could save some of us a lot of money!

Posted (edited)

Posted this elsewhere, but here's currently what's in my account.  I have already used a 15% off coupon that's not shown here for a cruise I've booked in December...in addition, if you're active or former Military, you get an additional 10% off.

Then there are the "Cruise First" and "Cruise Next" coupons you can purchase that will affect fares.

In short, you can save yourself hundreds of dollars off your cruise fare with the discounts.

That's why it's important that your PCC or TA check your Latitudes account.  These coupons should show up when booking.  

A word of caution, NCL doesn't send out coupons to everyone.  They seem to be targeting specific groups.  None of us have been able to find out why, who or how they do it, though.

Coupon          
Your Exclusive 10% Off Coupon – Latitudes Cruise, Norwegian Bliss, September 28th, 2024 xxxxxxxxx 10% Off
Expires On9/25/2024
Sail by10/5/2024

10% Off Discount Future Cruise Credit xxxxxxxxxx 10% Off
Expires On8/31/2024
Sail by12/31/2025

Edited by graphicguy

I currently have 2 10% discounts off the Latitudes Cruise.  They REALLY want me on that cruise.  Too bad I'll be on the Jade at that time. While these 2 coupons are worthless for me, I have found some goodies randomly in the past.  It's always good to check your account through the website now and again.  Don't use the app. as they don't show up there. 

12 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Certainly, it happens often prior to the final payment date.  After that, it's usually at best FCC.

Maybe that TA was better than I thought. They said that they do it often. I got a refund on my credit card after paying in full, and we had booked the cruise about 45 days before the trip.

And in case you and your mate have NCL e-mail you at the same e-mail address, check both Latitudes accounts.

I was wondering where my coupon was until I go the idea to check her account.

• Like 1

I think this Alaska cruise on Bliss is not selling well. I saw quite a few people receiving this coupon. Although 10% off is not enticing me enough to book this late-season Alaska cruise. 50% off coupon then I might be considering. 

IMG_7733.thumb.jpeg.60dfd41ca63e1e8d666cff5cbf872c69.jpeg

10 hours ago, Andy0215 said:

I hate to ask this but where specifically in my latitudes account would I see any coupons? 

I found the one my DW received right at the top of the page.

12 hours ago, Andy0215 said:

I hate to ask this but where specifically in my latitudes account would I see any coupons? 

You'll find any available discounts on your "My Account" page.  Scroll downward for "My Coupons and Credits."  (I only look at my account on computer.  NCL App might be different?!)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, dhanakorn said:

I think this Alaska cruise on Bliss is not selling well. I saw quite a few people receiving this coupon. Although 10% off is not enticing me enough to book this late-season Alaska cruise. 50% off coupon then I might be considering. 

IMG_7733.thumb.jpeg.60dfd41ca63e1e8d666cff5cbf872c69.jpeg

NCl has been hawking that one for a while.  Kind of surprising, given that's a really nice ship and Alaska is a good itinerary, albeit, this would be at the end of the season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, graphicguy said:

NCl has been hawking that one for a while.  Kind of surprising, given that's a really nice ship and Alaska is a good itinerary, albeit, this would be at the end of the season.

That has been there since the first of the year, if not longer.  

• Like 1

Taking train or bus from Montreal to Quebec City is not an option?

When I was looking at New England cruise, flights to Quebec City airport (from US) are very limited and very expensive, compared to flights to Montreal. And I read from this board that many people opt to fly to Montreal for better price and schedule, spend a day or two in Montreal, then take bus or train to Quebec City without much problem. I’d probably fly to Montreal if I take a cruise from Quebec City.