Tampa Port: Insignia to sail the Caribbean + Panama Canal March 2026

WESTEAST

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, jonthomas said:

Good for those on Florida's west coast.

No interest in it for us.

Consider all we O passengers that live North of Florida and South of the Mason Dixie Line. Going out of Tampa changes the economics of flying to Miami, takes multiple hours out of the driving and traffic issues, and opens up multiple lower costs hotels for pre cruise overnights.

My brother worked at NASA and retired there in Titusville. Have you for even an instance considered how convenient, for all those Orlando, Titusville, and even N. Florida retirees, Tampa is? That doesn’t include those of us living farther north. His area is full of Canadian Snowbirds. Tampa is sweetness compared to going to Miami and back!

Edited by pinotlover
  • Like 3

This Canadian would much rather cruise from Tampa. We’d fly in a few days early (of course) and visit Snowbird friends in the area. Jon Thomas should also check flights with Canadian airlines Westjet and Airtransat when doing his analysis of flight availability from Canada. 

• Like 2

I can take Allegiant airlines to Tampa and pay about a third of what AA or Delta would charge me to get to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale. And that’s with the added baggage charges. Just have to work out the logistics with their schedule and the cruise schedule. The only fly a couple days a week. 

Allegiant flies into PIE, which is in St. Petersburg, just to clarify. 

There are expansions happening at the Port of Tampa and I would SO MUCH love to see more small ships sailing from there.  It's such a more manageable port than Miami, and I much prefer it to Ports Canaveral and Everglades.  Small is nice, and TPA is such a great airport,  Plug done.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ronrick1943 said:

People will be flying in, after all how many times would you want to sail that area living in Florida.

Don’t forget that small 😂 airport nearby in a town called Orlando!! How many flights/day does Air Canada make there? Cruisers already fly into there by the drives for cruises out of Cape Canaveral .

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mlmdaisy said:

Allegiant flies into PIE, which is in St. Petersburg, just to clarify. 

Yes I’m aware of that. And that’s how far from Tampa? About 20 miles and a $40 Uber ride plus tip. That works for me. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, mlmdaisy said:

It could take an hour with traffic, maybe more.   

In that the vast majority of we seasoned cruisers fly in at least a day, or more, pre cruise, whether 30 minutes or an hour isn’t a big deal. I can get really inexpensive nonstop flights , from my home airport , directly into Orlando. Easy to burn a day or two there or in Tampa on either/both ends of a cruise. 

Edited by pinotlover
  • Like 2

I was merely answering a question about PIE.  Flying with Allegiant has both advantages and disadvantages; I know because I've flown with them many times.  This has nothing to do with getting to the ship on time.