Specialty Dining Deals Embarkation Day?

We are cruising in December on the Reflection.  I used to hear that on arrival day they would offer specialty dining at reduced prices, sometimes a deep discount.  Has anyone experienced that recently?  The 5% discount currently online isn't worth it for me.  Hoping to get a couple ressies onboard at reduced rate!  Thx in advance for your response...

Posted (edited)

On our June Eclipse sailing we didn't see anything offered on the first night, but we already had a 3-night SR package so in fairness we weren't really looking for any offers. (And likely as a result none may have been presented).

However they were offering a reduced rate (I think 20% off) for Tuscan later in the week.  We were thinking about repeating Murano, so we asked if there was anything being offered at Murano (or at le Petit Chef) and the answer was no, only Tuscan.  We weren't interested in a second night at Tuscan, so we didn't take the offer.  Not sure if this was related to already having a SR package or not. 

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

We had a 30% off coupon in our key card envelope, valid first night only 

At any specialty restaurant?  If so, IMO that's a good offer.  As just related in my other response when the offer was presented on Eclipse, while good any night, it was limited to Tuscan and was being offered later in the cruise.

• Like 1

They have offered 1st night discounts of 30% on some restaurants in the Cruise Planner.  Those seemed to be popular and, in our experience, 1st night discounts weren’t offered.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Googoobabydoll said:

We are cruising in December on the Reflection.  I used to hear that on arrival day they would offer specialty dining at reduced prices, sometimes a deep discount.  Has anyone experienced that recently?  The 5% discount currently online isn't worth it for me.  Hoping to get a couple ressies onboard at reduced rate!  Thx in advance for your response...

In the old days, before covid, it was like let's make a deal...Each entrance to the Oceanview would have restaurant staff trying to get you to purchase a night, or a package...Deals could be had. Not so much now.  You need to keep going on your reservation, and watch for deals...Black Friday sales are usually very good....We don't cruise again until April 2025...Right now I'm seeing only a 5% off on a 3nt package also like you..

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Googoobabydoll said:

The 5% discount currently online isn't worth it for me.  

That 5% is a joke and I never see any larger discounts online. I am hoping for a discount on board as well. If not, the included food is just fine.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

That 5% is a joke and I never see any larger discounts online. I am hoping for a discount on board as well. If not, the included food is just fine.

In the past the SR package offers were quite a bit better, even as recently as for our June Eclipse cruise, as we typically dine primarily in the SR's and frequently book packages.  But the current offers for our upcoming November cruise are around that 5% you reference, and for packages that isn't attractive.  Certain SR's individual offers are better and we've booked a few of them. Others we may just wait and book on board with our remaining OBC, but we clearly don't expect any significant on board offers either, other than perhaps a Day 1 promo such as indicated by @cruisestitch.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

On our June Eclipse sailing we didn't see anything offered on the first night, but we already had a 3-night SR package so in fairness we weren't really looking for any offers. (And likely as a result none may have been presented).

However they were offering a reduced rate (I think 20% off) for Tuscan later in the week.  We were thinking about repeating Murano, so we asked if there was anything being offered at Murano (or at le Petit Chef) and the answer was no, only Tuscan.  We weren't interested in a second night at Tuscan, so we didn't take the offer.  Not sure if this was related to already having a SR package or not. 

Fly E A G L E AS Fly!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

4 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

In the past the SR package offers were quite a bit better, even as recently as for our June Eclipse cruise, as we typically dine primarily in the SR's and frequently book packages.  But the current offers for our upcoming November cruise are around that 5% you reference, and for packages that isn't attractive.  Certain SR's individual offers are better and we've booked a few of them. Others we may just wait and book on board with our remaining OBC, but we clearly don't expect any significant on board offers either, other than perhaps a Day 1 promo such as indicated by @cruisestitch.

My December cruise has both the 3 night package and Unlimited Dining Package 20% off right now. I’ve seen that quite often. I suppose they’d need to limit the number of packages they sell though, due to available dining slots.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Googoobabydoll said:

Hoping for something for Black Friday maybe!  We have only ever eaten at SR Sushi on 5 so it would be nice to try some others.  If anyone sees anything feel free to post!!!

Edit to add I see the 20% off offer on my cruise planning page!  I'm tempted - it IS better than 5% lol

1 minute ago, Googoobabydoll said:

Edit to add I see the 20% off offer on my cruise planning page!  I'm tempted - it IS better than 5% lol

Scratch that - it says 20% on the dining deals page but when I click on the 3 nights of SR it shows 15% - weird and not good enough 😕

9 hours ago, Googoobabydoll said:

Scratch that - it says 20% on the dining deals page but when I click on the 3 nights of SR it shows 15% - weird and not good enough 😕

Had the same issue with excursions yesterday... keep putting it in your cart and then remove it and repeat until you get the price you want.  Seemed to work for me. 😃

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sussex Cruiser said:

Had the same issue with excursions yesterday... keep putting it in your cart and then remove it and repeat until you get the price you want.  Seemed to work for me. 😃

Persistence paid off! 

• Like 2