Day 1 of the new Premier Package has arrived

2 minutes ago, Robkat said:

Could you say whether you used an iPhone or an Android to make your SD reservations?

We're interested because we made a reservation last week for the Regal in April, including the new Premier, and we have not been able to make SD reservations in the App, without being asked to pay.

We have also had Premier previously many times, and have never had an issue, as we've always been able to see it noted that we have "dining credits".  

We've had several conversations with CSR agents at PCL, who finally tell us that there's some sort of glitch that the IT dept (horrors!) has to fix.  But in the meantime, we're reading all these accounts of people getting the new Premier, and having no issues making their SD reservations!  So frustrating, so we're now wondering if doing this on an Android might be any part of the issue.

We are flummoxed!

I'm using an Android.  It does appear when making a reservation that you will have to pay with card, but it shows a zero balance being processed.

The app is super glitch right now.. it just took me 6 tries to log in, and then told me I was unable to book reservations.. it took me 3 tries just to get a screen shot.  I'd just keep trying..and be sure to check the Premier Dining box.

Screenshot_20240903_093206_Princess.thumb.jpg.aabeee91ab8e23b06df117d50e281d7b.jpg

11 minutes ago, iamaqt2 said:

I'm using an Android.  It does appear when making a reservation that you will have to pay with card, but it shows a zero balance being processed.

The app is super glitch right now.. it just took me 6 tries to log in, and then told me I was unable to book reservations.. it took me 3 tries just to get a screen shot.  I'd just keep trying..and be sure to check the Premier Dining box.

Screenshot_20240903_093206_Princess.thumb.jpg.aabeee91ab8e23b06df117d50e281d7b.jpg

@iamaqt2 ... thanks for your reply.

Our screen does NOT show the cost zeroing out. 

And it also shows our default credit card # (at least the last 4 digits), indicating that we are about to be charged.

What you showed is what were used to seeing, and, in the process, there'd also be a notation advising us that we had dining credits due to our package.

We've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the App, but we still see the exact same.  SMH.

2 minutes ago, Robkat said:

@iamaqt2 ... thanks for your reply.

Our screen does NOT show the cost zeroing out. 

And it also shows our default credit card # (at least the last 4 digits), indicating that we are about to be charged.

What you showed is what were used to seeing, and, in the process, there'd also be a notation advising us that we had dining credits due to our package.

We've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the App, but we still see the exact same.  SMH.

I didn't get a notation about dining credits.. but there is a new box to check when first entering in to the reservation screen. Select date you want to make reservation for and this screen pops up. Then check the Princess Premier Included box. Good luck on the glitchy app! 🤞🤞Screenshot_20240903_095809_Princess.thumb.jpg.a9a4434c15f33e9e4f055bbf65a560ee.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robkat said:

Could you say whether you used an iPhone or an Android to make your SD reservations?

We're interested because we made a reservation last week for the Regal in April, including the new Premier, and we have not been able to make SD reservations in the App, without being asked to pay.

We have also had Premier previously many times, and have never had an issue, as we've always been able to see it noted that we have "dining credits".  

We've had several conversations with CSR agents at PCL, who finally tell us that there's some sort of glitch that the IT dept (horrors!) has to fix.  But in the meantime, we're reading all these accounts of people getting the new Premier, and having no issues making their SD reservations!  So frustrating, so we're now wondering if doing this on an Android might be any part of the issue.

We are flummoxed!

Last week I made 13/14 reservations on my Android for a January sailing on the Sun with no problems and a zero balance through the app.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Retired-N-Happy said:

Last week I made 13/14 reservations on my Android for a January sailing on the Sun with no problems and a zero balance through the app.

And I've been trying since Feb and can't even make reservations in the main DR.

I take it that you have a Premier package. 

20 minutes ago, Retired-N-Happy said:

that's all well and good - but I want to know why you couldn't make that other reservation?? 😈

23 minutes ago, Retired-N-Happy said:

Do you log in with your password or booking number? It keeps trying to charge me, too. Wah!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iamaqt2 said:

I didn't get a notation about dining credits.. but there is a new box to check when first entering in to the reservation screen. Select date you want to make reservation for and this screen pops up. Then check the Princess Premier Included box. Good luck on the glitchy app! 🤞🤞Screenshot_20240903_095809_Princess.thumb.jpg.a9a4434c15f33e9e4f055bbf65a560ee.jpg

Yep ... we see this exactly.  We show that we have Premier, we click on that, and then on Save.  Then the next screen tells us that we have Premier with "2 included complimentary dining".  And that's when DH's head starts to explode! 

The kicker is that it won't even let us reserve 2 SD!  It just immediately shows that $90 balance, with our cc below!  

So, we've obviously got a unique and 'glitchy' situation.

But thanks for trying to help ...  onwards we go. 🙄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Retired-N-Happy said:

Thanks for your reply.

I think at this point we've determined that our issue isn't because of using an Android.  

It's good to hear from others to help us eliminate THAT particular factor.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Retired-N-Happy said:

They wouldn't force you to order a dessert.  You could just enjoy a cup of coffee if you wanted and then leave.

That's what I do.  Never an issue.

2 hours ago, Robkat said:

Yep ... we see this exactly.  We show that we have Premier, we click on that, and then on Save.  Then the next screen tells us that we have Premier with "2 included complimentary dining".  And that's when DH's head starts to explode! 

The kicker is that it won't even let us reserve 2 SD!  It just immediately shows that $90 balance, with our cc below!  

So, we've obviously got a unique and 'glitchy' situation.

But thanks for trying to help ...  onwards we go. 🙄

Just to reassure you… it’s not unique.  I have the same problem. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 555 said:

And I've been trying since Feb and can't even make reservations in the main DR.

I take it that you have a Premier package. 

Yes, originally made MDR reservations a few months ago when the 2025 reservations opened up.  Had Plus, made final payment early since I'm not Platinum yet.  Recently upgraded to Premier for our January sailing and immediately went on the app and got SD reservations for 13/14 nights.  The most difficult to get was Teppanyaki.  1/11-1/18 it wasn't available at all.

3 hours ago, voljeep said:

that's all well and good - but I want to know why you couldn't make that other reservation?? 😈

Teppanyaki was not available at all over the last 7 nights of our B2B.  I'll attempt to get in on embarkation day. We currently have 4 nights in Crown, 4 nights in Sabatini's, 3 at Teppanyaki, 2 at Rudi's.

3 hours ago, Robkat said:

Thanks for your reply.

I think at this point we've determined that our issue isn't because of using an Android.  

It's good to hear from others to help us eliminate THAT particular factor.

I feel your pain.  We are also sailing in October.  SD choices are slim.  We'll wait until embarkation day before making reservations and of course start on day two in case we need to cancel.  If we have difficulty, we'll just stick with Plus, eat in the MDR, which we have zero reservations in, and use our OBC elsewhere.

6 minutes ago, Retired-N-Happy said:

On my Android with the app using my password.  Got the zero balance exactly like post #130.

Thank you. Okay, that may have something to do with it. I can't log in with a password, even though I'm using the correct password and even have changed it. I can log in fine via a browser but not with the app on android or iphone. Even deleted and reinstalled the app. I'll keep trying.

1 minute ago, BlerkOne said:

Thank you. Okay, that may have something to do with it. I can't log in with a password, even though I'm using the correct password and even have changed it. I can log in fine via a browser but not with the app on android or iphone. Even deleted and reinstalled the app. I'll keep trying.

Glitchy IT department.  The backdoor way through the browser and website worked when I made the MDR reservations, but the app worked with the SD reservations and of course the system automatically wiped out our MDR reservations.

The app and website version are crazy.  I booked Princess Premier Unlimited on a cruise booked last week.  Trying to book SD dining and I get an error that says only Platinum and Elite can book prior to final payment.  I am Platinum.  I try to do check in and I get a message that I can't because I am a minor <18 and covered under the passage contract of an adult.  I'm 72.  

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Make sure to sign out of the website first, then try signing back in on the downloaded App.

16 minutes ago, cruisinsince75 said:

I try to do check in and I get a message that I can't because I am a minor <18 and covered under the passage contract of an adult.  I'm 72.  

The problem is you're 10+ in dog years, so you're technically still a minor.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I can now login with a password, but still no difference. I created a new account with the same username password via the app. So stupid, but it seems to work. I have made, paid for, and canceled several reservations so now I need to document all of those to make sure I get refunded.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisinsince75 said:

The app and website version are crazy.  I booked Princess Premier Unlimited on a cruise booked last week.  Trying to book SD dining and I get an error that says only Platinum and Elite can book prior to final payment.  I am Platinum.  I try to do check in and I get a message that I can't because I am a minor <18 and covered under the passage contract of an adult.  I'm 72.  

Does your status show correctly in the app? Mine didn't. It showed blue, new cruiser. Should have been black, elite. I had to call in and get it fixed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sea Hag said:

Does your status show correctly in the app? Mine didn't. It showed blue, new cruiser. Should have been black, elite. I had to call in and get it fixed.

That error happened several months ago, during one of the many updates and changes.  I waited for it to correct itself.  😆 

It didn’t!  So, Ocean Ready, on the phone tree was able to fix it.  I was impressed.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

That error happened several months ago, during one of the many updates and changes.  I waited for it to correct itself.  😆 

It didn’t!  So, Ocean Ready, on the phone tree was able to fix it.  I was impressed.

I was also surprised that they were able to fix mine! Will wonders never cease?

• Haha 2