Switching occupants in Cabins once onboard

For an upcoming cruise, I have two BCC rooms booked, one Veranda and one Sky Suite.  One with DH upgraded comp with a family member and one with my upgraded comp with another family member.  Once on board we plan adjust who is in what room.  Has anyone done this and ran into issues.  Since the drink and internet package is currently wtih one guest who I currently have in the Sky, when I move them, will they keep those perks or will be be reassined to the new occupant .  

I've done similar situation before, 3 adults 1 minor.  Put the 2 drinking adults (brother/sister) in on cabin with perks. Had another inside cabin with no perks the father and minor were booked for. Drinking adult moved into the inside with non drinking husband and minor moved to other cabin.  The perks were kept with original bookies, but switched cabins....

As long as one of the original occupants remains, X is OK with switching out the second.  If I understand what you're wanting to do, make the swap official through Celebrity if you have a preference for which 2 people get the SS perks.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Illsticktocrusing said:

For an upcoming cruise, I have two BCC rooms booked, one Veranda and one Sky Suite.  One with DH upgraded comp with a family member and one with my upgraded comp with another family member.  Once on board we plan adjust who is in what room.  Has anyone done this and ran into issues.  Since the drink and internet package is currently wtih one guest who I currently have in the Sky, when I move them, will they keep those perks or will be be reassined to the new occupant .  

Package can't be moved.  You can get extra keys that just open the doors.  You will have to sort out room charges yourself because all charges will be reflected on the bill with people in their original cabin.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, canderson said:

As long as one of the original occupants remains, X is OK with switching out the second.  If I understand what you're wanting to do, make the swap official through Celebrity if you have a preference for which 2 people get the SS perks.

I think the issue is that the 2 people who want to be in the same room each are providing a comp room in which they have to be booked.  No matter how they swap the official booking second passengers the DH and DW can't be in the same room.  One being a suite and the other not will probably cause a lot of issues if trying to use retreat amenities.

• Like 2

As others have mentioned, the benefits are linked to the individual based on their room key card. So whomever is listed on the booking for each stateroom will receive the benefits provided by that category, and that will not change. You will need to go to guest services and request extra room keys for your traveling members so that they can access the necessary staterooms.  Those cards will only act as keys for the door with no charging, benefits, or ID abilities. 

So those who are moving to the different staterooms will end up with two keys - one for use as the typical ship card and the other to unlock their different stateroom.  Basically all that changes is where each individual is sleeping.  You just need to notify who is in each stateroom with the stateroom attendant so he is aware for his services.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Illsticktocrusing said:

Thanks everyone.  I will see what happens once on board but I want to make sure I set expectations with the rest of the traveling party.

Just to clarify, what will happen is what was posted would happen - extra keys for the people in the different staterooms from GS, and any benefits associated with the stateroom category remain with the names on the original booking.  It is not speculation, it is based on direct experience.

Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by leaveitallbehind