Question? Suite Concierge dining reservations before boarding

Question? Does the suite Concierge still make dining reservations before you board? We are purchasing the Ultimate Dining Package, which cannot be reserved on the app or the cruise planner. The reason for my question is that the JOS concierge sent me an email stating, "We also recommend that you plan ahead and make reservations for your dining, onboard activities, shore excursions, and Vitality Spa services. You may do so using your Cruise planner or Royal App." In the past, the suite concierge made our dining reservations before we boarded. 

Any advice? Thank you

I would just reply to the welcome email and ask for assistance.  I've never had the UDP but I have had the concierge modify Chops times for me before boarding the ship.  It won't hurt to ask. 

• Like 1

We always respond to the concierge with a general preference for dining all week....and they send back a confirmation that reservations have been made. After we get on board we can make adjustments if needed.

• Like 1

On 8/31/2024 at 4:01 PM, JColquhoun said:

Does the suite Concierge still make dining reservations before you board? We are purchasing the Ultimate Dining Package, which cannot be reserved on the app or the cruise planner. The reason for my question is that the JOS concierge sent me an email

I presume this is the Jewel of the Seas? The Suite Concierge gains access to the reservation booking system about two days before your sailing, so he/she won't be able to actually make any reservations before that, but if you let them know what your preferences are when you respond to their email, they can usually make the reservations for you.

Also, on the off chance you can't make a suitable reservation yourself once on board, they seem to be able to work miracles in finding dining times/dates that the Maitre D' tells you don't exist.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

By all means reply to the email and ask.

The last sailing we went on, when we did this the Suite Concierge let us know how to use the app and website to make our own reservation.  I don't know if that's becoming the practice or we just got a concierge looking to 'phone it in'.  We are not demanding guests but I figured if I was the one making our reservations, I was the one who deserved the tip.

1 minute ago, MichaelCMTX said:

The last sailing we went on, when we did this the Suite Concierge let us know how to use the app and website to make our own reservation.  I don't know if that's becoming the practice or we just got a concierge looking to 'phone it in'.  We are not demanding guests but I figured if I was the one making our reservations, I was the one who deserved the tip.

Sure anything you can do yourself on the website/app you should. But if it's something you couldn't do ahead of time, like set your UDP selections, the concierge should help with this before you board.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MichaelCMTX said:

I don't think that is normal behavior for the Suite Concierge.  In all of my cruises in a suite, I've only had one Concierge that was either overwhelmed or didn't want to bother.  I prefer to set things up myself if I can, but sometimes it is nice to have them work their magic for you.  That is what they are there for.       

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/2/2024 at 12:44 PM, RoperDK said:

I don't think that is normal behavior for the Suite Concierge.  In all of my cruises in a suite, I've only had one Concierge that was either overwhelmed or didn't want to bother.  I prefer to set things up myself if I can, but sometimes it is nice to have them work their magic for you.  That is what they are there for.       

And sure enough, the cruise we were just on this week the Suite Concierge took care of business.

• Like 2