Murano Tasting vs. just dining at Murano

LadyBerard

I just booked this for our Oct. Eclipse repo cruise.  The reason was it was available at 6:30 p.m. and the regular dining at Murano only had late times available.  The ncost was higher for the tasting, and I want to know what the difference is in menu

The tasting menu is fixed in that you choose from two options and it involves several courses.  You can also add a wine pairing for an additional cost.

Here's the menu.  You are signed up for the 5 Senses experience.  Personally, I would cancel and book the a la carte.  I know you want an earlier dining time and often you can change the time once you board.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/content/dam/celebrity/new-images/Murano-Dinner-Menu-2024.pdf

Edited by Georgia_Peaches
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, LadyBerard said:

Why do they charge more for the Tasting menu if there are less items to choose from?

Exactly!!  So there's space in the dining room for the 5 senses diners but not a la carte diners at your preferred time?  Hardly! It's all the same room with the exception of a more private area reserved for the Chef's table or parties who have reserved the space.  They market this as an 'experience' of the senses.  IMO it's a gimmick.  I'm sure many have enjoyed this, especially with the wine pairing but I can do that myself from the other menu.  Murano itself, is an experience...you don't need to add the 5 senses upcharge for that.  Again, just my opinion.

Edited by Georgia_Peaches

22 minutes ago, LadyBerard said:

Why do they charge more for the Tasting menu if there are less items to choose from?

I believe the Five Senses Tasting menu pricing includes the wine pairing.  I am not aware of it having a separate charge for the wine. The menu is designed as two options of courses based on being coupled with the selected wines for each course.  The total dining experience is longer than the a la carte service would be.

If I am incorrect regarding the wine inclusion perhaps someone who has recently experienced it can correct me.

Although we have not experienced the tasting menu we know those who have and they enjoyed it.  We prefer the a la carte menu as we are not wine drinkers, and Murano is one of our favorite SR's at which we dine on every cruise.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

2 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Ah yes, you are correct!  Still working on my first cup of coffee. 🤦🏻‍♀️Thank you!

As you are likely aware from other posts of mine, that coffee issue is not uncommon...LOL.  But to the OP's question the included wines (along with the presentation of the multiple courses) is what drives the premium price. 

May indeed be a bit gimmicky but there are those who like the pairing concept.  We will just stick with the a la carte menu.....

• Like 2

On 9/2/2024 at 8:35 AM, Georgia_Peaches said:

The tasting menu is fixed in that you choose from two options and it involves several courses.  You can also add a wine pairing for an additional cost.

Here's the menu.  You are signed up for the 5 Senses experience.  Personally, I would cancel and book the a la carte.  I know you want an earlier dining time and often you can change the time once you board.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/content/dam/celebrity/new-images/Murano-Dinner-Menu-2024.pdf

Thanks Georgia_Peaches.  Very informative😃.

On 9/2/2024 at 2:46 PM, Georgia_Peaches said:

Exactly!!  So there's space in the dining room for the 5 senses diners but not a la carte diners at your preferred time?  Hardly! It's all the same room with the exception of a more private area reserved for the Chef's table or parties who have reserved the space.  They market this as an 'experience' of the senses.  IMO it's a gimmick.  I'm sure many have enjoyed this, especially with the wine pairing but I can do that myself from the other menu.  Murano itself, is an experience...you don't need to add the 5 senses upcharge for that.  Again, just my opinion.

The tasting menu with wine takes a long time. Depending on your pace you’re probably in the restaurant twice as long as dinner. It makes sense they hold back a few spaces for tables that want to do the tasting menu.