No more Simply More

Jancruz

12 minutes ago, Woofa said:

Thanks Jan, interested to see the entire details when they come out 

Yes, the devil is always in the details.

Just assuming this means for any new cruises sold after 10/1. On a different thread, There is a rumored new cruise Release for late 2026 cruises coming out later this month. 😂. Highly illogical to sell SM cruises now, to then change the program 10/1! Anyone want to place bets on a late September release happening? 🙄

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Jancruz said:

you get Gratuities on every cruise

As a European customer, I already get gratuities included in the cruise price. 

So, if prices are staying the same but the SM benefits, such as excursion credit and included drinks, are being removed then I'm losing out significantly.  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for posting.  Simply More certainly had a very short life - "a lot more info.." is quite the teaser.  Hope for those that have O Club level with current included gratuities will receive comparable benefit (perhaps O Club benefits are also changing). With prices not impacted, look forward to how the Ultimate Value tag which now includes the SM statement, "virtually everything you’ve ever wanted is now included'' remains.  Must have been significant negative Corporate impact to make such a reversal.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Harters said:

As a European customer, I already get gratuities included in the cruise price. 

So, if prices are staying the same but the SM benefits, such as excursion credit and included drinks, are being removed then I'm losing out significantly.  

In the states you will get $250 OBC not sure about Europe

Jancruz1

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

16 minutes ago, WESTEAST said:

Thank you for posting.  Simply More certainly had a very short life - "a lot more info.." is quite the teaser.  Hope for those that have O Club level with current included gratuities will receive comparable benefit (perhaps O Club benefits are also changing). With prices not impacted, look forward to how the Ultimate Value tag which now includes the SM statement, "virtually everything you’ve ever wanted is now included'' remains.  Must have been significant negative Corporate impact to make such a reversal.

Its just info,  not amenities..October 16 is the date new itins come out

Jancruz1

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, Jancruz said:

In the states you will get $250 OBC not sure about Europe

If that proves to be the case, it seems as though it will be significantly more expensive to cruise under the new arrangements than it is under SM. I'd be pretty confident in saying that our 2025 cruise would be our last with O. It will be poor value for money with Simply Less. 

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Harters said:

Is there a definition of Oceania's "core values" in this respect?

Free coffees, specialty dining, ,sodas, water etc. all the things included when we opened 20 years ago .

Jancruz1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, edgee said:

So does it look like wine and beer with meals is going back to a purchased package or will that remain included?

Purchased package

Jancruz1

• Thanks 4

Ok, everyone get out your calculator.  We have a 14 day cruise booked for next year under SM…..we get $400pp for Excursions and the House Select Package ($560pp perk at $40 per day for package x 14 days). So under SM the ‘perk’ totals $960pp.  IF the changes indicated above are a go at $250pp in OBC and PP Gratuities….($18 per day for a non suite room x 14 days equals a perk of $252). So under the changes IF as noted, the ‘perk’ works out to $502pp.  Quite a bit of a change unless they make some changes to the purchased drink package and cost. Basically the change would now cater to those that don’t drink or do ship excursions. So at least that group will be happy. Maybe…😉

Edited by EJL2023
  • Like 7

This change makes sense.

Some people don’t drink and I am sure they complain that they are ‘paying’ for an unwanted amenity.

Some people don’t do O excursions and prefer to make their own arrangements. I am sure they complain that they are ‘paying’ for an unwanted amenity.

Everybody pays, or should pay, gratuities.

Now we know when we do get out the calculator, this change will financially benefit O but maybe it will disguise a fare increase.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

I’m doubtful this affects already booked cruises under SM. There is a thing called a contract. Guessing it will apply to new bookings.

I’ll wait for the details.

I read the OP’s information as bookings after October 1st. Pretty sure any of us booked under Simply More have no changes. 

26 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

Thank you Jan for sharing.

Just as we are reaching meaningful loyalty levels, included gratuities, O will be including the gratuities. So that means devaluing the loyal loyalty program?

your 2nd gratuites will be $250 obc

Jancruz1

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1