Does Platinum 50% discount on Medallion Net apply to Plus or Platinum packages?

edgeman61

I recently became Platinum, on my next cruise I booked the Plus Package.

I was wondering, does the 50% discount on Medallion Net get factored into the final price for the Plus Package?

I'm not a big drinker, would I be better off getting Medallion Net, my soft drinks/water and daily service charge ala carte?

Thanks

1 minute ago, edgeman61 said:

I was wondering, does the 50% discount on Medallion Net get factored into the final price for the Plus Package?

I'm not a big drinker, would I be better off getting Medallion Net, my soft drinks/water and daily service charge ala carte?

Thanks

The plus package is the same price regardless of loyalty level. You need to price out your options to know what is best for you

• Like 2

1 hour ago, edgeman61 said:

Thanks

No, plus is the same price regardless of status and in doing so Princess chose to devalue the Platinum and Elite member benefits. 

However, if you get Plus and want to upgrade to a 4 device package, the upgrade cost will be discounted.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rjack22 said:

I didn't think Platinum got that discount???   I thought it was only Elite.

We have gotten the discount as Platinum. @edgeman61, as was said above, price out what you think you'd spend without the package and decide accordingly. It works better for us (especially with a lot of OBC) to not get the package but YMMV.

We used the platinum discount for 50% off 24 hour wifi a few days on the cruise. You can easily switch devices from cell to laptop to other phones, so spouse and I just traded off and found 1device at a time was fine for our needs. So, we skipped the package and just paid a la carte drinks (we also had 2 bottles of wine we brought onboard). 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, elaine5 said:

We used the platinum discount for 50% off 24 hour wifi a few days on the cruise. You can easily switch devices from cell to laptop to other phones, so spouse and I just traded off and found 1device at a time was fine for our needs. So, we skipped the package and just paid a la carte drinks (we also had 2 bottles of wine we brought onboard). 

24 hour wifi - was that a full 24 hours from the time you logged in to the same time the next day?

24 hours--so 4pm day 1 is until 3:59 day 2. It was easy to do every other day and keep up with emails, Facetime elderly parents, get detailed walking maps of destinations, etc. PS-you can use IT center desktops with wifi pass and print for free. I did this for walking maps and train schedules. 

33 minutes ago, planefring1 said:

It is my understanding that the 50% Platinum & Elite Internet package is that you pay full price. However, you get half back in the form of SBC. 

When I bought it in January through the app, was only charged the 50% rate. Don't know if that's changed since then?

21 hours ago, edgeman61 said:

Doing a little math between what you'd pay out of pocket for wifi at 50% off and daily gratuities you'd be utilizing about $30/day of the $60/day cost right off the top.

You'd need to cover the remaining $30/day with adult beverages, soft drinks/water, premium coffees, desserts, casual dining, etc. 

The exact definition of "not a big drinker" probably makes a lot of difference here.  Some people would use this same verbiage about having 1-2 per day, others would mean 1-2 per week. Considering most adult beverages are somewhere in the $8-12 range, if you're talking per day then you're probably a strong candidate for the package...not so much if you're in the "per week" club.  Do the math on what's realistic for you.