Getting boarding time slots via PC.

CelticEyes

Do you need passport info when selecting boarding times via the Celebrity website. I'm hoping you can add your passport info later when finishing check-in on the Celebrity App. (If it's working)

If cruisers have their booking numbers linked with Celebrity can one person check in for the entire group? Our hopes is that one person can get the boarding slots for the entire group since some are not computer savvy.

Does the 45 day check-in begin around midnight in the time zone from where the cruise departs? Thanks for any information provided. I had no luck finding the info on Celebrity's website. 

Thanks and Happy Cruising.

1 hour ago, CelticEyes said:

Do you need passport info when selecting boarding times via the Celebrity website. I'm hoping you can add your passport info later when finishing check-in on the Celebrity App. (If it's working)

If cruisers have their booking numbers linked with Celebrity can one person check in for the entire group? Our hopes is that one person can get the boarding slots for the entire group since some are not computer savvy.

Does the 45 day check-in begin around midnight in the time zone from where the cruise departs? Thanks for any information provided. I had no luck finding the info on Celebrity's website. 

I think you need your passport to complete the check-in process which allows you to select your boarding time.  I know that you don't have to have your photo loaded to complete the check in but I don't know for sure if that is the only thing that you can skip (and do later).

I don't know the answer to the second question.

45 day check in begins at midnight for the time zone where you will be embarking.  The last time I checked in, the app opened up check-in faster than my PC by a few minutes (or vice versa)--keep both platforms ready to go if you are determined to check in as early as possible.

3 hours ago, CelticEyes said:

You aren't selecting a boarding time, you are selecting a check in time. You do not need your passport info to select your check in time. Website or app. You can add it later on the website or the app. 

• Like 2

You don’t need anything to select a time slot. Just go in the app, pick one, then finish later. There will be a green check next to that section of check in. Having done a few cruises recently I can pretty confidently say no one pays a bit of attention to their time anyway. 

15 hours ago, CelticEyes said:

As others have stated, you do not need passport info to select boarding time.

You can check in for the group. Just need to do each reservation separately so be sure to have their reservation numbers. This is what we had to do.

Check in time begins in the time zone you are in, not from where the cruise departs. E.G., we are in Central and cruise often out of Ft. Lauderdale, which is Eastern. We cannot check in until midnight Central, which is 1am Eastern.

Happy sails!

What we had done: I go into everyone's reservation and select the boarding time. Then each of them can complete their check-in at their leisure. Completing passport info and photos for others are difficult if you don't have them handy.

Edited by Tudy
spelling

On 9/4/2024 at 2:08 PM, CelticEyes said:

You do not need to fill in Passport information to get to the time slot you will have to go through a couple screens though.   With the app you can just select the CheckIn time and then can come back at any time to complete.

The CheckIn time (date) will show on both the App and on the WebPage showing the exact date it will open.    It is based on 12:01 AM departure Port time zone  

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Thanks 1

Thank you everyone for the information. This was my experience. The Celebrity website check in opened at 12:01 am San Juan time which is the port of departure. I attempted to use the finish booking later option but was unable to proceed until I filled out our passport information. We were able to get the earliest check in time of 12-12:30. The site froze for a few minutes so I had to restart the process but all the information I had filled out was retained so it was quickly fixed.