Elite+ Laundry

charlielinda

3 hours ago, the penguins said:

good luck. We loved our transpacific cruise - part of 5 x B2B to celebrate our retirement - 90 day total trip including 60 days on Solstice.

Oh, I am so jealous.  I could definitely do something like that but I think I am pushing my DW's limit with this 17 day one.  She did enjoy the 15-day Panama Canal transit but I could not even talk her into extending our TP to include the Honolulu to Vancouver leg. 

5 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

Oh, I am so jealous.  I could definitely do something like that but I think I am pushing my DW's limit with this 17 day one.  She did enjoy the 15-day Panama Canal transit but I could not even talk her into extending our TP to include the Honolulu to Vancouver leg. 

You could try not telling her until you are on the ship. 🤣😅🤣😅

On 9/5/2024 at 11:17 PM, the penguins said:

30 items per bag(pair of socks 1 item) unless water restrictions are in place when it's 20 items.

Where does the 30 item/20 item when water restrictions rule come from?  The laundry flyers I've seen say "Pack as much laundry as you can fit into one Celebrity Laundry bag, as long as it closes for wash, dry and fold."

Laundry Packages - Shipboard prices.jpeg

1 hour ago, dreamer321 said:

Where does the 30 item/20 item when water restrictions rule come from?  The laundry flyers I've seen say "Pack as much laundry as you can fit into one Celebrity Laundry bag, as long as it closes for wash, dry and fold."

the 30/20 is the limit for Elite and elite plus free laundry bags

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, the penguins said:

You could try not telling her until you are on the ship. 🤣😅🤣😅

Sorry but I value my life more than that.  If I told her were were not staying a week in Hawaii, I'd not sure when or if I would ever leave the hospital.  

2 hours ago, dreamer321 said:

The laundry flyers I've seen say "Pack as much laundry as you can fit into one Celebrity Laundry bag, as long as it closes for wash, dry and fold."

Those are packages you pay for . . we are talking about the free bag of laundry for Elite and Elite + passengers.  It's different. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, dreamer321 said:

that's a different promotion. We were/are talking about the Elite/Elite+ which is different and Free.

30 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Sorry but I value my life more than that.  If I told her were were not staying a week in Hawaii, I'd not sure when or if I would ever leave the hospital.  

oh well tell her loved every one of our 90 days  (ok not so much days 3 to 5 when we were both hospitalised in LA with food poisoning) and would do it all again.

4 hours ago, the penguins said:

oh well tell her loved every one of our 90 days  (ok not so much days 3 to 5 when we were both hospitalised in LA with food poisoning) and would do it all again.

I hope it was not something you caught on the ship.  That would definitely be bad. 

6 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

I hope it was not something you caught on the ship.  That would definitely be bad. 

Whoops, sorry should have been clearer.

We flew London to Auckland with a 2 night stop in LA to break the journey and the jet lag.

We had a day touring LA got back late to the hotel and ate at the local Sizzlers (it didn't look to good so we settled for, no water, no salad and a well done burger - what could possible go wrong?). After we got back to the hotel my wife felt unwell and collapsed. The First Attenders (Fire Brigade) arrived and called for an ambulance. Apparently I had just finished getting our documents out of the safe when I too collapsed. The next I remember we were in 2 separate ambulances heading for hopefully the same hospital  - thankfully it was

On discharge we flew on to Auckland, did a 14 day self drive tour of the New Zealand's North Island. Then the 5 X B2B on Solstice Auckland to Seattle. From Seattle flew to Dallas to visit our grandson and finally back to London.

9 hours ago, the penguins said:

Whoops, sorry should have been clearer.

Ah, okay that makes more sense.  

I would have thought dehydration if I read the above before reading you saying you had food poisoning.  Am happy to hear that it did not adversely affect your vacation. 

On our recent Apex cruise, the clothes that we needed (polos and "wrinkle free" chinos) arrived back so wrinkled as to be unwearable .... even where no one knows us.

Then sent it back and used my pressing credit ....🙄 

Edited by Dr. Cocktail

4 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

Ah, okay that makes more sense.  

I would have thought dehydration if I read the above before reading you saying you had food poisoning.  Am happy to hear that it did not adversely affect your vacation. 

For the first few days in NZ we were very careful. But yes the rest of the trip was fantastic.

• Like 1