Additional Deposit Required To Reprice A Cruise?

nafss

Sorry if this has already been asked in a prior thread, didn't see it on the boards.😕

Booked online with Princess and I have a Cruisewatch price drop set.  Received an email today that the price had dropped a good amount.  Called Princess to reprice, as I have done multiple times on previous cruises with no problem.  Was informed by 2 separate Customer Service reps that I would need to pay an additional $800 to get the new price.

Has anyone else had this happen?

(2025 cruise)

Sometimes the new lower fare requires a different amount of deposit. Always be careful to read the fine print as it may be different from the current booking. Deposits can vary in amount and whether they are refundable or not.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, nafss said:

Sorry if this has already been asked in a prior thread, didn't see it on the boards.😕

Booked online with Princess and I have a Cruisewatch price drop set.  Received an email today that the price had dropped a good amount.  Called Princess to reprice, as I have done multiple times on previous cruises with no problem.  Was informed by 2 separate Customer Service reps that I would need to pay an additional $800 to get the new price.

Has anyone else had this happen?

(2025 cruise)

Tell them you'll cancel. 

Do you have a FCD to use?

• Haha 2

Yes, they will cancel and rebook at the lower price.  Probably what we'll do, but do I want to do this for every price drop?  Nope!  The cruise is far enough out that the price could drop another couple of times.  I've already repriced twice since the initial booking.  Guess a couple hundred dollars back is worth it in the long run.

No FCD.

They just keep making it more difficult. 

I will say it's a pleasure to not have to be on hold forever like it used to be.  Someone answers right away.

Princess is starting to make these rates for new bookings only effectively making you cancel and rebook according to the rules of the new fare. I used to , at least, get obc for the difference, but they don’t seem to be allowing that much anymore. 

• Haha 1

If they reprice, they change all of the conditions and perks to the current ones - not just the price. If you booked originally with a $99 deposit promotion and the current price has a $500 deposit, then that would be an additional $401 deposit per person. The current price may also have different OBC or other differences. You have to look at all of the differences.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, nafss said:

I will say it's a pleasure to not have to be on hold forever like it used to be.  Someone answers right away.

I, too, have found wait times to be down on my most recent calls. Still, the questions remain:

• Can I hear the agent?
  • Can I understand the agent?
  • Does the agent actually know enough to be able to answer my questions?

When I get the hat-trick I buy a lotto ticket. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 5