Notes from Queen Anne to the Mediterranean

Host Hattie

17 minutes ago, OneForTheQueens said:

I believe the camera operator had to leave the ship so they're not recording/transmitting the lectures and shows at the moment (overheard in the theatre the other morning). Looks like you have to be in the audience to catch the talk.

That would explain it, oh well never mind.

We spent the afternoon on the balcony and then went back up to Deck 14 at just after 5. It was nice and quiet up there and still very warm. 

It was Masquerade Night, quite a few masks around and lots of lovely dresses. We met up with our table companions in the Commodore Club. They'd been to the Queens Room but it was absolutely packed when we walked through earlier. I tried the Tiramisu Martini as a change from my usual post dinner Brandy Alexander. 

20240912_210950.jpg

20240912_211440.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

We've spent holidays in Barcelona so Mr HH got off to do some shopping but I stayed on board. Had a pleasant float around in the Pavilion pool.

The Captain has threatened us with some bumpy weather overnight.

When I was aboard the Pavilion Pool was not really deep enough, so it was quite difficult to swim without banging the bottom. Is it better now?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

When I was aboard the Pavilion Pool was not really deep enough, so it was quite difficult to swim without banging the bottom. Is it better now?

It's still pretty shallow, much less than the posted depth.

One of our table sharers uses the Panorama Pool for that reason. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MylesS said:

After a busy few weeks and freezing today in my office, I've decided something needs to change! So tomorrow I'll be breaking my nearly 3 year British Airways "boycott" and flying to Rome to join Queen Anne on Sunday.

Good for you. How long a voyage? What grade? How many weeks since your last trip in Annie?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, alc13 said:

Verdict?  Looks delicious. 

How on earth is the a martini, by the way?

Thank you for asking that!

Our friends and cruise buddies were martini aficionados and were appalled at the number of strange drinks that were going by the name "martini." If it doesn't have gin and vermouth it is NOT a martini. Okay, maybe vodka in place of the gin. But that's the only substition before the drink becomes something else. 

• Like 4

Just now, exlondoner said:

Good for you. How long a voyage? What grade? How many weeks since your last trip in Annie?

Just the 7 days this time, will take the ship back to Southampton and then disembark. I won't be with my partner for this cruise, so a week is as much as I'm allowed to do!

Just booked the cheapest inside grade, haven't been assigned a cabin yet.

About to hit 7 weeks since my last trip on Queen Anne

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, MylesS said:

Just the 7 days this time, will take the ship back to Southampton and then disembark. I won't be with my partner for this cruise, so a week is as much as I'm allowed to do!

Just booked the cheapest inside grade, haven't been assigned a cabin yet.

About to hit 7 weeks since my last trip on Queen Anne

Good job you don't like Our Annie!!!!!😁

Lucky you. We have no more bookings this year but have  next year [and '26!]. Already looking forward to it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Victoria2 said:

Good job you don't like Our Annie!!!!!😁

Can't stand her - only going to find more issues to complain about! 😉

1 hour ago, Victoria2 said:

Lucky you. We have no more bookings this year but have  next year [and '26!]. Already looking forward to it.

I wasn't meant to be back on a cruise until next year, but I have a horrible habbit of frequently checking the latest cruises on Cunard. Paired with little to no self-control it's not a good combination!

• Haha 9

11 hours ago, Host Hattie said:

Good morning from Barcelona

Screenshot_20240913_093425_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240913_093434_Chrome.jpg

That's a very attractive long evening for dancers!

Wave Duo play lots that's good to dance to, and there's not much in Dire Straights' or Queen's catalogues that wouldn't have us up for ballroom, latin or disco.

7 hours ago, Host Hattie said:

It was good but I'm not sure I'll be repeating the experience!

Have you tried a "Chocolate Affair"? Make sure they put the chocolate shavings on top. 

Also, wondering if there are any gin or vodka martinis available for $12 or less. We have the complimentary drinks package on an upcoming voyage and I saw a recent posting saying there were none. 

Thanks HH

Jack

7 hours ago, Host Hattie said:

We've spent holidays in Barcelona so Mr HH got off to do some shopping but I stayed on board. Had a pleasant float around in the Pavilion pool.

The Captain has threatened us with some bumpy weather overnight.

Currently enjoying 4-6m waves, some rolling onto the stateroom window on deck one. I hope those higher up are still enjoying it too!