Crown & Anchor D+ amenity selection is a royal nuisance

20 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

We love that vineyard.  We're no wine snobs though.  We buy Ste. Michele all the time at home.  It's a good Washington state grown and produced wine.  I've had some crap from the Loyalty Ambassador so they do have sub par bottles, but never for the amenity.  I'm taking Ecco Domani Pinot Grigio and Todd is taking Robert Mondavi Rum Barrel Merlot, our faves.  

Dug this out… you’re correct, not bad…not bad at all. 🥰

IMG_5856.jpeg

24 minutes ago, rrraydon said:

Dug this out… you’re correct, not bad…not bad at all. 🥰

IMG_5856.jpeg

One year in particular when the Northwest had a really wet season, the wine from that year was outstanding, the Cab,...we and our cruise friends scoured San Antonio for them.  We bought cases!  I think it was 2012.  yummy.  But we happily consume a Walmart wine Liberty Creek and think its a good solid table wine.  Really cheap!  

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BecciBoo said:

One year in particular when the Northwest had a really wet season, the wine from that year was outstanding, the Cab, and our cruise friends scoured San Antonio for them.  I think it was 2012.  yummy.

I've never had it before. I had a little chuckle when I went in to get a bottle of wine and was looking through the bottles and this popped out. I was like hmmmm... this is what BecciBoo was talking about! ☺️ So, I thought I'd give it a try. It is truly pretty good!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

We turn D+ on Icon in November, immediately after that we get on Oasis... Since the system will not have time to update I know we have to go to the LA onboard Oasis to have our status updated.  Would the LA also have access to any of the D+ Amenities right there to give us one when I'm having him/her make the change or are we just out of luck this first cruise?

You have not because you ask not........ASK!  I can't say here the number of requests we have made that were honored by RCCL.

• Like 1

The best I've ever tasted, we had by the glass on Liberty of the Seas, Caymus Cab, We had a BOBO so we ordered it, it was $60 a glass so 2 for that price, our friend Douglas ran all over the ship looking for chocolate to go with it and brought some to us...I couldn't believe how good it was since I didn't believe in those overpriced snob wines, but dang it was good... haven't had it since  YUM  These days, we don't drink a ton of wine, but our favorite is still the Mondavi Rum barrel merlot, you gotta try that. No bite.

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

We turn D+ on Icon in November, immediately after that we get on Oasis... Since the system will not have time to update I know we have to go to the LA onboard Oasis to have our status updated.  Would the LA also have access to any of the D+ Amenities right there to give us one when I'm having him/her make the change or are we just out of luck this first cruise?

Yes, they will update everything for you.  We have never had any issues with changing our amenities or status during the cruise that it was earned for the next one.

BecciBoo... my all time favorite wine is also Robert Mondavi but the Bourbon Barrel Cabernet Sauvignon. I never liked red wine, only drank white. Then one day a friend said to try this red wine and the rest is history. Now everyone knows I'm a Robert girl. 🤣 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, BND said:

We get the Pino Grigio (3 bottles for 6+ day cruises).  I miss the days of being able to select it online.  It's a pain to call and change so we keep it the same.  A couple of years ago I called and changed it but since DH is the primary (first listed) his didn't change so they didn't use my changes.  We had the LA fix it for us, but come one, it would be so much easier to just do it ourselves.   

We only get the one bottle on six days....did that change?  Seven plus days...we get the 3 bottles.  

1 hour ago, island lady said:

We only get the one bottle on six days....did that change?  Seven plus days...we get the 3 bottles.  

I made a mistake. It is 7 and up.  We haven't done 6 days, just 5 and 7+up and I thought I read it was 6+.  On a 7 day cruise, getting 3 bottles, we usually end up bringing one off the ship which works great when we stay somewhere afterwards.  I just don't need any of the other items they have for gifts.  We already have beach towels, coozies and don't need some of the others.

11 hours ago, jjtt said:

Bourbon Barrel Cabernet Sauvignon.

Same here, actually Todd prefers it but since I just love the rum barrel, we get it mostly.  I drink Grigios or Chardonnays predominantly along with a good Prosecco with which I make my Mimosas.  But on a cruise I get into the dark side more, Ha! 😈

13 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

The best I've ever tasted, we had by the glass on Liberty of the Seas, Caymus Cab, We had a BOBO so we ordered it, it was $60 a glass so 2 for that price, our friend Douglas ran all over the ship looking for chocolate to go with it and brought some to us...I couldn't believe how good it was since I didn't believe in those overpriced snob wines, but dang it was good... haven't had it since  YUM  These days, we don't drink a ton of wine, but our favorite is still the Mondavi Rum barrel merlot, you gotta try that. No bite.

I'm on Liberty in about 2 weeks. I'll give it try. I'll use my BOGO so I'll get 2 glasses. 😁

37 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

Same here, actually Todd prefers it but since I just love the rum barrel, we get it mostly.  I drink Grigios or Chardonnays predominantly along with a good Prosecco with which I make my Mimosas.  But on a cruise I get into the dark side more, Ha! 😈

I don't recall ever seeing the rum barrel wine. I will have to keep an eye out for it. 

28 minutes ago, rrraydon said:

I'm on Liberty in about 2 weeks. I'll give it try. I'll use my BOGO so I'll get 2 glasses. 😁

The perk is actually 50% off, not BOGO.  So, the same as BOGO for 2 glasses, but you don't have to get them at the same time.

50% off any glass of wine, beer or soda (2 coupons per sailing)1

• Like 1

On 9/10/2024 at 7:26 AM, BND said:

I made a mistake. It is 7 and up.  We haven't done 6 days, just 5 and 7+up and I thought I read it was 6+.  On a 7 day cruise, getting 3 bottles, we usually end up bringing one off the ship which works great when we stay somewhere afterwards.  I just don't need any of the other items they have for gifts.  We already have beach towels, coozies and don't need some of the others.

I always feel cheated when we do a two week cruise that happens to line up as legs of 6 and 8 night.  The 8 night is like 7 nights...full &7+ night amenities....but the 6 night they treat like a mini cruise.  A lot of things missing.   Coincidence?   Hmmm.....   

6 minutes ago, island lady said:

I always feel cheated when we do a two week cruise that happens to line up as legs of 6 and 8 night.  The 8 night is like 7 nights...full &7+ night amenities....but the 6 night they treat like a mini cruise.  A lot of things missing.   Coincidence?   Hmmm.....   

We're actually doing 6,8,6 b2b2b on AD in Mar/Apr.  But for 20 nights we'll get 5 bottles of wine.  I think that might be enough with our 6 vouchers/day lol (first cruises as P).   I do think it's weird they default to one instead of say 2 for 6 nights.  But, for our upcoming b2b 7 night cruises on Wonder, we'll get 6 bottles so the math is a bit strange.

Edited by BND

38 minutes ago, BND said:

We're actually doing 6,8,6 b2b2b on AD in Mar/Apr.  But for 20 nights we'll get 5 bottles of wine.  I think that might be enough with our 6 vouchers/day lol (first cruises as P).   I do think it's weird they default to one instead of say 2 for 6 nights.  But, for our upcoming b2b 7 night cruises on Wonder, we'll get 6 bottles so the math is a bit strange.

I thought the same thing.   They drop to just one bottle from the 3 if you have a six night...missing the mark by the one night.   Since we are on for the full 14 nights total, as we would for two 7 night cruise....I still think it's something RCI loves to do...finding more ways for cut backs when they do 6/8s.  😉  

Of course no upper tier, and no Pinnie lunch either for those six night legs as I seem to remember.  Been awhile since we did one.  

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, island lady said:

I thought the same thing.   They drop to just one bottle from the 3 if you have a six night...missing the mark by the one night.   Since we are on for the full 14 nights total, as we would for two 7 night cruise....I still think it's something RCI loves to do...finding more ways for cut backs when they do 6/8s.  😉  

Of course no upper tier, and no Pinnie lunch either for those six night legs as I seem to remember.  Been awhile since we did one.  

I understand your point, but there's also the miss on the other end of the scale.

I do 14 night TAs and I only get the amenities once, whereas if it was treated as a 7+7, I'd get them twice.  You actually get more on 6/8 than I do on 14.  

But, I'm not going to complain about free stuff.  😉

• Haha 1

One amenity for fewer than 7 nights, but still  just 3 amenities for more than 7.  We've had a  17 night cruise and just 3 amenities. I guess those on the world cruise segments had the same issue. 

With that said, with all the other C&A beverages, we never seem to run out.  

M

On 9/7/2024 at 6:32 PM, Tatka said:

Those are not benefits, but random gifts. 
This amenity is for a guest to pick.

BTW, don’t forget

- at 340 points you can pick 2 

- at 525 points you can pick 3

what number do i call?

41 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

One amenity for fewer than 7 nights, but still  just 3 amenities for more than 7.  We've had a  17 night cruise and just 3 amenities. I guess those on the world cruise segments had the same issue. 

With that said, with all the other C&A beverages, we never seem to run out.  

M

Actually on the WC...when they broke it down later to mini segments....we received the 3 bottles on each mini segment.  Go figure.  😉    We left 3 bottles in our cabin this last Tuesday.