Football!

On 9/8/2024 at 9:21 PM, BirdTravels said:

Lots of “football” = soccer. 

It’s going to get complicated when yourselves Canada and Mexico host the Football World Cup in 2026 😀

On 9/8/2024 at 9:11 PM, steveru621 said:

On one ship maybe.  We have been on many ships with Playmakers. No Sunday Ticket. We were on Anthem 2 years ago in November. No Sunday ticket. 

That's only one example 

Anthem only has the beer bar in the esplanade with 2 TVs.   If you're on an RCL ship with a Playmakers included, you'll get to see pretty much all NFL games/

44 minutes ago, jerseyjjs said:

Anthem only has the beer bar in the esplanade with 2 TVs.   If you're on an RCL ship with a Playmakers included, you'll get to see pretty much all NFL games/

Pretty much, is not all NFL games.

RCI plays 2 / 1PM and 2 / 4PM, each Sunday afternoon when Sunday Ticket could possibly be used by RCI.

I  strong doubts. I know RCI can be brain dead when it comes to NFL football, but I have never heard or seen any advertising for the Sunday ticket. 

I'm on Harmony right now with 6,500 passengers with OnAir bar and no Sunday ticket.

3 hours ago, steveru621 said:

RCI plays 2 / 1PM and 2 / 4PM, each Sunday afternoon when Sunday Ticket could possibly be used by RCI.

I  strong doubts. I know RCI can be brain dead when it comes to NFL football, but I have never heard or seen any advertising for the Sunday ticket. 

I'm on Harmony right now with 6,500 passengers with OnAir bar and no Sunday ticket.

I've sailed Oasis out of Cape Liberty 5 times over the past 3 Septembers and Octobers, and if there were 7 or 8 1:00 games, they had 6 on at Playmakers, and would show ALL late Sunday afternoon games each sailing.   If you want to watch the most NFL/College football while sailing, sail on n RCI ship with a Playmakers onboard.

2 hours ago, steveru621 said:

I am currently on Wonder and every game this past Sunday was shown in Playmaker’s. This has been consistent with the two dozen cruises I have been on during the Fall over the last few years…Playmaker’s shows every Sunday game. 

5 hours ago, steveru621 said:

You keep equating seeing multiple NFL games on a cruise with Sunday Ticket. There are other mechanisms besides Sunday Ticket that cruise lines use to show those games.

Edited by time4u2go

17 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

You keep equating seeing multiple NFL games on a cruise with Sunday Ticket. There are other mechanisms besides Sunday Ticket that cruise lines use to show those games.

There are not. Sunday ticket or NFL + is the only way to show 12-13 games on Sunday afternoon. 

There are 6 early and 6 late.  8 games are not all that are broadcast Sunday afternoon. 

Please enlighten me.

1 hour ago, gambler said:

How about the Monday night games? Sailing on the Mariner in November out of Texas when the Texans play the Cowboys. That would be a shame if we did not get it, (Mariner has Playmakers)

Given the circumstances it will probably be shown on every screen in every venue throughout the cruise ship.

10 hours ago, steveru621 said:

There are not. Sunday ticket or NFL + is the only way to show 12-13 games on Sunday afternoon. 

There are 6 early and 6 late.  8 games are not all that are broadcast Sunday afternoon. 

Please enlighten me.

See post #30.

22 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Soccer is short for Association Football, back when the sport separated as its own sport from rugby. So the Brits gave us the name "soccer." 

So thanks!

We did give you the name and the game is one of our best exports. Unless you speak to a Scot as they think they invented it 😀.

Really looking forward to the World Cup in the US in 2026. Planning a big trip with as many games as we can take in around a few cruises of course.

Just now, Mparker12 said:

Can anyone can confirm if there are college games on in Playmakers on Saturdays in the fall? Thanks! 

Yes they show college games in Playmaker’s. However, RCI does not carry the major networks (ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX). These networks broadcast a lot of college games that are not shown on ships. When I was on Utopia last week they literally did not show one college game I had any interest in watching. 

19 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

There is no international Sunday Ticket.

A company called DAZN has the rights to broadcast NFL games outside the US via NFL Game Pass.

6 hours ago, time4u2go said:

See post #30.

I see said the blind man.

That would explain why games are limited if you are in a US port.

It shows that no matter how many cruises you take (65), there is always something new to learn.

Why not put it on all Oasis-class ships with OnAir?

32 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Yes they show college games in Playmaker’s. However, RCI does not carry the major networks (ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX). These networks broadcast a lot of college games that are not shown on ships. When I was on Utopia last week they literally did not show one college game I had any interest in watching. 

Not to mention that some games are carried on conference channels that the also don't carry, like The Big Ten Network. ACC and SEC have their own, not sure about others. I think it was a Freedom cruise a few years ago, the only games on were on the 3 ESPN channels and ABC (both Disney). This did include the "SEC on ESPN" channel. I assume this is the SEC conference channel, and only available since it's part of ESPN. So 5 games total at a time out of up to 10 or 12 that are on at any given time. Any they had no ability to change to any other channel. So even if I was the only person in the venue, they could not turn it to the game I was interested in. So I watched it on my phone.

Edited by RobInMN

2 hours ago, RobInMN said:

Not to mention that some games are carried on conference channels that the also don't carry, like The Big Ten Network. ACC and SEC have their own, not sure about others. I think it was a Freedom cruise a few years ago, the only games on were on the 3 ESPN channels and ABC (both Disney). This did include the "SEC on ESPN" channel. I assume this is the SEC conference channel, and only available since it's part of ESPN. So 5 games total at a time out of up to 10 or 12 that are on at any given time. Any they had no ability to change to any other channel. So even if I was the only person in the venue, they could not turn it to the game I was interested in. So I watched it on my phone.

ESPN International carries games on other networks via syndication. So you'll see CBS or FOX games on cruise ship ESPN.

13 minutes ago, Saintsfan007 said:

There's only ONE team that Royal should be showing every week they play...  and we all know what that team is!!!   WHO DAT, BABY!!

No thank you kindly. There are professionals on the fields. Go Niners!

0789C30A-3A1F-4A55-A35F-2852787BF88C.jpeg

• Haha 1