Position #1 vs #2 Cruise Confirmation Question.

When booking a cruise, does it really matter who is in position #1 vs #2 on the confirmation? I'm 60 years old and my son is 32. If I put myself in #2 position, do I still get to keep the same control of the booking for changes and cancellation? By putting myself in #2 position the cruise insurance is much cheaper for me as my cruise fare is 60% off vs position #1. The cruise insurance, although the same policy, is by individual fares, not total combined fares as the fare amounts are different.

Thanks.

50 minutes ago, WeatherFx said:

The cruise insurance, although the same policy, is by individual fares, not total combined fares as the fare amounts are different.

Total cost of the insurance for the cruise, for the two of you, will be the same regardless of who is listed first or second. 

Edited by orville99

27 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Total cost of the insurance for the cruise, for the two of you, will be the same regardless of who is listed first or second. 

If I put in the total non-refundable fares BOGO60 individually, I get cheaper rates no matter the insurer if I'm in position #2. Insurance rates are based on trip costs not being equal and not splitting total trip costs.

2 hours ago, WeatherFx said:

When booking a cruise, does it really matter who is in position #1 vs #2 on the confirmation? I'm 60 years old and my son is 32. If I put myself in #2 position, do I still get to keep the same control of the booking for changes and cancellation? By putting myself in #2 position the cruise insurance is much cheaper for me as my cruise fare is 60% off vs position #1. The cruise insurance, although the same policy, is by individual fares, not total combined fares as the fare amounts are different.

Thanks.

It does not matter

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

That may be true for Royals insurance that does not base any part of their insurance on age however many insurance companies do base on age so there is a difference

3 hours ago, WeatherFx said:

When booking a cruise, does it really matter who is in position #1 vs #2 on the confirmation?

Royal Up offers may only be sent to the first person on the booking. 

20 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Royal Up offers may only be sent to the first person on the booking. 

That's a good point to consider. My wife never got them when I was #1 position. Could set up my son with a cruising only email linked to his C&A account.

31 minutes ago, WeatherFx said:

That's a good point to consider. My wife never got them when I was #1 position. Could set up my son with a cruising only email linked to his C&A account.

I'm not sure if it goes by the guests e mail or by the email that is provided with the booking.  Those are completely separate.  The guests e mail is attached to their C&A number while the other e mailbis attached to the booking and is provided at the same  time the booking is created.