MSC Virtuosa Cabin Cat 1R2 in Yacht club?

asctony

Just looked at deck 21 and there are Inside cabins in the Yacht Club area as shown in pic attached. Do you have access to YC if in one of those cabins?

Has anyone stayed in one of those cabins? Very confusing!

TIAScreenshot_20240910_093548.thumb.jpg.f9c0e8664f39365ec503ab4c8346102f.jpg

Indeed, there are Y1N cabins in YC, but these are not them.  And this deck plan is not Virtuosa, it is World America/Europa.  I think it has been mentioned before that these cabins are within the YC proper but do not have access to the YC facilities/amenities.  EM

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

Indeed, there are Y1N cabins in YC, but these are not them.  And this deck plan is not Virtuosa, it is World America/Europa.  I think it has been mentioned before that these cabins are within the YC proper but do not have access to the YC facilities/amenities.  EM

Thank you! I believe you are correct. Why would MSC put these cabins in that area? It looks like there is no restrictions on entering those cabins or the YC area. Staff can tell YC guests by your Cruise Card.

29 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Are there 21 decks on the MSC Virtuosa?  I thought there was only 19? 

Sorry, And this deck plan is not Virtuosa, it is World America/Europa.  

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, notley-cruise said:

Yes, Yacht club does have some interior cabins on all ships, not confusing at all.

Understand that. However why if they have YC inside cabins, which I know they do, would they put non YC inside cabins in the YC area?

That is confusing.

30 minutes ago, asctony said:

Understand that. However why if they have YC inside cabins, which I know they do, would they put non YC inside cabins in the YC area?

That is confusing.

The Yacht Club on the World Class ships has a lot of people. It's a good thing that those non-Yacht Club interiors do not have Yacht Club access. MSC decided to use that extra space to sell non-Yacht Club staterooms. It would be nice if the areas on those decks were open space or used for something exclusive for Yacht Club guests but MSC didn't do that.

A Yacht Club exclusive Spa and exclusive indoor pool would have been perfect but probably wouldn't get past the architects/naval engineers. 😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Two Wheels Only said:

The Yacht Club on the World Class ships has a lot of people. It's a good thing that those non-Yacht Club interiors do not have Yacht Club access. MSC decided to use that extra space to sell non-Yacht Club staterooms. It would be nice if the areas on those decks were open space or used for something exclusive for Yacht Club guests but MSC didn't do that.

A Yacht Club exclusive Spa and exclusive indoor pool would have been perfect but probably wouldn't get past the architects/naval engineers. 😁

I still do not understand why MSC would put NON YC INSIDE CABINS right in the middle of the YC area. This is done on Decks 21, 20 & 19.

When I check for a YC Inside cabin category I cannot see one?

In general Yacht Club ship management doesn't like the YC interior cabins.   I've been told they were originally created for older children of YC balcony guests and they didn't expect their popularity with adults.  There's seven YC interior cabins (category YIN) on the World ships, deck 15/16.

5 minutes ago, Até said:

In general Yacht Club ship management doesn't like the YC interior cabins.   I've been told they were originally created for older children of YC balcony guests and they didn't expect their popularity with adults.  There's seven YC interior cabins (category YIN) on the World ships, deck 15/16.

Understand your reply. Thank you. 

Now knowing that there are 7 YIN on Deck 15 & 16 is even more Confusing.

Why didn't MSC put those YIN on the YC decks\areas?

Don't expect you to answer this, but totally confusing!

24 minutes ago, asctony said:

Why didn't MSC put those YIN on the YC decks\areas?

The YIN cabins on decks 15/16 are in the YC areas.  One of the Royal Suites is right next to the YINs on deck 16, Owners Suite is nearby also.

B2B_TA_2023-EU-TechGuide.pdf

Edited by Até
Add Tech sheet

54 minutes ago, Até said:

The YIN cabins on decks 15/16 are in the YC areas.  One of the Royal Suites is right next to the YINs on deck 16, Owners Suite is nearby also.

B2B_TA_2023-EU-TechGuide.pdf 3.83 MB · 1 download

Thank you for the info. Personally I would not want to be 4 or 5 decks below the main YC area. Wonder what others will say and think after they booked those cabins.

Where on Virtuose do you get 4-5 decks down?  Are you reading the right deck plans?  Lowest cabins are on 15.  Top sail lounge is one deck up, restaurant 2 decks up, buffet, bar, pool three.  Private elevator.  There is no deck 17.  It sounds like you are looking for reasons NOT to book those cabins.  EM

Edited by Essiesmom

3 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

A Yacht Club exclusive Spa and exclusive indoor pool would have been perfect but probably wouldn't get past the architects/naval engineers. 

Or an adequately sized Yacht Club dining room....

52 minutes ago, asctony said:

Personally I would not want to be 4 or 5 decks below the main YC area. Wonder what others will say and think after they booked those cabins.

I've been in YINs on Meraviglia class, both deck 14 (lowest YC deck) and 16 ("main" YC deck).  MV+ class is very similar.  It felt a little disconnected on 14 but it's a quick YC dedicated elevator ride up to the lounge, restaurant and pool.  Definitely preferred deck 16 for ease of access to YC public areas.  I'd expect World ships to be similar but since no YINs on higher decks.... 

Those non-YC interiors on World class decks 18 to 21 are separated from the YC facilities and are only able to look through a few key card controlled glass entry doors at the stairwell/elevator lobby end of the hallways.  YC guests on those decks will likely not even know they exist.

9 minutes ago, Até said:

Those non-YC interiors on World class decks 18 to 21 are separated from the YC facilities and are only able to look through a few key card controlled glass entry doors at the stairwell/elevator lobby end of the hallways.

Maybe it’s MSC’s “Look but don’t touch” marketing strategy to interest Non-YC passengers in YC on future sailings ? 🤔 .. 😂

To be honest .. I am glad that MSC didn’t added 100+ YIN to the capacity of the Yacht Club.. opting for 1R2 is a good use (in revenue) of the area.

11 minutes ago, SirWolf said:

To be honest .. I am glad that MSC didn’t added 100+ YIN to the capacity of the Yacht Club.. opting for 1R2 is a good use (in revenue) of the area.

I agree with you on not adding 100+ YIN.

Disagree with you on opting for 1R2. Why didn't they classify 7 of those 1R2 cabin on Deck 21 as YIN for the revenue?

You and I don't know why MSC didn't. However, on other ships, those YIN cabins on Decks 15 or 16 have the same square footage 170 as the 1R2 cabins.

I thought Cruise lines were trying to have 'A SHIP WITHIN A SHIP' concept. 

Again, my opinion.

Thank you for yours.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, asctony said:

I agree with you on not adding 100+ YIN.

Disagree with you on opting for 1R2. Why didn't they classify 7 of those 1R2 cabin on Deck 21 as YIN for the revenue?

You and I don't know why MSC didn't. However, on other ships, those YIN cabins on Decks 15 or 16 have the same square footage 170 as the 1R2 cabins.

I thought Cruise lines were trying to have 'A SHIP WITHIN A SHIP' concept. 

Again, my opinion.

Thank you for yours.

I referred to revenue when comparing the use of real estate.. staterooms are more profitable than storage areas or common areas (additional restaurant or spa in YC).

The term “Ship within a ship” is analogy used for marketing purposes.. not literally 100% separated area on the ship.

Example:

MSC Meraviglia

YC Duplex Suites on deck 9/10 (forward).

YC Duplex Suites on deck 12/13 (forward).

.. amazing spacious staterooms ..but.. not even located near any YC deck.

19 minutes ago, SirWolf said:

I referred to revenue when comparing the use of real estate.. staterooms are more profitable than storage areas or common areas (additional restaurant or spa in YC).

The term “Ship within a ship” is analogy used for marketing purposes.. not literally 100% separated area on the ship.

Example:

MSC Meraviglia

YC Duplex Suites on deck 9/10 (forward).

YC Duplex Suites on deck 12/13 (forward).

.. amazing spacious staterooms ..but.. not even located near any YC deck.

That's my point. MSC does it that way. 

NCL Haven, Celebrity & RCI do it with SnS concept.

• Like 1