So close... but not perfect

jnap1210

I can’t recall which port, but there was one within the last two years where tendering was slow due to tender restrictions at the shoreside pier.

This was not on Oceania.

Whilst in line I noticed a gentleman just a couple of places ahead of me whom I thought could benefit from some shade and a sit down.

I said to him to go forward to the tent, sit and have water provided and that I would get him back in line when it was our turn.

He was happy to accept.

I made sure the people behind me were aware he wouldn’t be seen as jumping the queue.

I thought at most stops using tenders the ship had a small tent, some seats and water container to ease the wait for those who really needed it.

PS: I am currently onboard and so didn’t view the video provided by the OP.

So I am unaware of any possible pier logistic factors on that particular day.

Edited by Tranquility Base
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, 1985rz1 said:

What do you mean by new management?  Do you mean that FDR Jr is now the CEO?  

I suspect the poster mistakenly believes that Oceania has been run by "NCL people " since it became part of NCLH a few years ago.

Of course nothing could be further from the truth as "Oceania people " have run NCLH virtually from the start of Oceania becoming part of NCLH. FDR was CEO of NCLH until his recent retirement, and his hand-picked trusted assistants installed as senior management of NCL, Oceania and NCLH, with his son taking over as CEO of Oceania and FDR's right hand man Harry Sommer taking over as CEO of NCLH.

If anyone has the right to complain about how their cruise line has changed because of new management it's NCL cruisers, because former Oceania managers have been running NCL ever since the merger.

I also suspect the poster doesn't fully comprehend the damage done by the COVID shutdown to  corporate balance sheets, which is what has caused many if not most cruise lines to make very visible cuts to their product. You see complaints on virtually every Cruise Critic board about reductions in product quality. 

It's very noticeable how many former Celebrity cruisers are now trying Oceania because of cutbacks at their former favorite cruise line. 

• Like 5

13 hours ago, asnaleah said:

We had this happen in South America. Very hot day, long wait, a gentleman had an episode on the tender. Luckily, a nurse was on board and was able to help him. Scary.

Was this on Oceania?

10 hours ago, njhorseman said:

I suspect the poster mistakenly believes that Oceania has been run by "NCL people " since it became part of NCLH a few years ago.

Of course nothing could be further from the truth as "Oceania people " have run NCLH virtually from the start of Oceania becoming part of NCLH. FDR was CEO of NCLH until his recent retirement, and his hand-picked trusted assistants installed as senior management of NCL, Oceania and NCLH, with his son taking over as CEO of Oceania and FDR's right hand man Harry Sommer taking over as CEO of NCLH.

If anyone has the right to complain about how their cruise line has changed because of new management it's NCL cruisers, because former Oceania managers have been running NCL ever since the merger.

I also suspect the poster doesn't fully comprehend the damage done by the COVID shutdown to  corporate balance sheets, which is what has caused many if not most cruise lines to make very visible cuts to their product. You see complaints on virtually every Cruise Critic board about reductions in product quality. 

It's very noticeable how many former Celebrity cruisers are now trying Oceania because of cutbacks at their former favorite cruise line. 

The truth is Harry Sommer is everyones boss and has the final say for all three cruise ships...

Jancruz1

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jancruz said:

The truth is Harry Sommer is everyones boss and has the final say for all three cruise ships...

Jancruz1

Obviously, because he's president and CEO of the holding company, NCLH. Prior to succeeding FDR in that position Sommer was president of NCL.

sorry that you had a bad experience.  The bill from the medical office is outrageous.  Oceania shouldn’t charge you. Oceania should apologize and help you recover.  We were on Sirena in 2020. My spouse got cut on the ship by edge of a counter. Bloody mess.   Visited the medical office several times. Never got a bill. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, asnaleah said:

It was Azamara Pursuit.

Thanks, without that information someone might think it was another instance of this happening on Oceania. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, njhorseman said:

Unfortunately you do not know the inside workings of O,NCL and Regent. except what you read..I do appreciate when you correct me and you are right and I tell you so..but in this instance you are incorrect..

Jancruz1.